Author Topic: So should Glenn Davis be playing more than KG (or Perk?)  (Read 6100 times)

Re: So should Glenn Davis be playing more than KG (or Perk?)
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 03:16:15 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
ahem...

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=36998.0

I'm the biggest BBD fan you'll ever meet and I don't want anything switched but, if any switch is made it will be for Perkins.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 03:27:14 PM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
ahem...

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=36998.0

I'm the biggest BBD fan you'll ever meet and I don't want anything switched but, if any switch is made it will be for Perkins.

to matchup with these lakers, yes, i agree.  We've seen that BBD can defend any of their bigs, and he runs better and is a better finisher around the rim than Perk.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Only if Bynum isn't being effective... I like KG and Big Baby both out there. Good match up for us.

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 03:53:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
No.  Glen Davis is an energy and hustle player.  He's not meant to play 30 minutes a game.  He gives you 20-25 really good minutes and gives your starters a rest.

His defense is clearly subpar compared to KG, too.  As good as Davis was last night, he allowed Lamar Odom to go to his left time and again, resulting in a lot of easy buckets.

I like our big rotation right now, though I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Perk playing a bit more.

Actually only twice (not a lot) and Lamar Odom is a really talented player. 

But I'm with you regards to keeping everything exactly same although I wouldn't have a problem with him playing alongside KG a little more.  Especially when Perk is too hype and can't even catch a pass without fumbling it.  BBD has the best hands on the team.
Two layups in the fourth is two too many. Especially when the rest of the Lakers are struggling mightily.

I think our big rotation is very good as is. I like Doc closing with BBD if Bynum isn't out there. The Lakers are able to help off Perkins/Rondo too easily if both are in the way this series has been going.

Not really.

What is your opinion with regards to Van Gundy and the rest of NBA world commenting on BBDs lightening quick feet and off the charts athletic ability?
Giving up a lane to the basket for an easy score is okay? In the fourth quarter? Giving up cheap points costs you games! Its the same as giving up an offensive rebound for an easy putback, which is what the Lakers were doing on the other end.

As for your shot at me based on past arguments I'm nt going to respond beyond that its utterly off the topic.

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 03:57:10 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
No, he is just making the most of his minutes, mainly against the reserves.

Baby vs. Odom favors the Celtics.

Baby vs. Gasol or Bynum (who should play significantly more Sunday) favors the Lakers.

Its all about the matchups, and Baby making the most of his last night.

That's basically how I see it.  Also, I think KG has looked a lot better the last two games, especially when going inside on offense.  His defense has been great overall.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
No, he is just making the most of his minutes, mainly against the reserves.

Baby vs. Odom favors the Celtics.

Baby vs. Gasol or Bynum (who should play significantly more Sunday) favors the Lakers.

Its all about the matchups, and Baby making the most of his last night.

That's basically how I see it.  Also, I think KG has looked a lot better the last two games, especially when going inside on offense.  His defense has been great overall.
Matches what I've seen, his rebounding and long range jump shot are my only worries with KG now.

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 04:05:49 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
I am willing to bet money that Baby will be our starter next season and again, take up to the Championship finals.

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 04:17:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I am willing to bet money that Baby will be our starter next season and again, take up to the Championship finals.
I'll take that bet!! ;D

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 04:24:22 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
Well, since we cannot actually bet here, Nick, I'll just remind you of the bet next season. Hehehehe 8)

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 05:08:15 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
No.  Glen Davis is an energy and hustle player.  He's not meant to play 30 minutes a game.  He gives you 20-25 really good minutes and gives your starters a rest.

His defense is clearly subpar compared to KG, too.  As good as Davis was last night, he allowed Lamar Odom to go to his left time and again, resulting in a lot of easy buckets.

I like our big rotation right now, though I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Perk playing a bit more.

But I'm with you regards to keeping everything exactly same although I wouldn't have a problem with him playing alongside KG a little more.  Especially when Perk is too hype and can't even catch a pass without fumbling it.  BBD has the best hands on the team.
Two layups in the fourth is two too many. Especially when the rest of the Lakers are struggling mightily.

I think our big rotation is very good as is. I like Doc closing with BBD if Bynum isn't out there. The Lakers are able to help off Perkins/Rondo too easily if both are in the way this series has been going.

Not really.

What is your opinion with regards to Van Gundy and the rest of NBA world commenting on BBDs lightening quick feet and off the charts athletic ability?
Giving up a lane to the basket for an easy score is okay? In the fourth quarter? Giving up cheap points costs you games! Its the same as giving up an offensive rebound for an easy putback, which is what the Lakers were doing on the other end.

As for your shot at me based on past arguments I'm nt going to respond beyond that its utterly off the topic.

No it's not a big deal at all in the grand scheme of things.  He made  Lamar work he just made 2 nice plays both of which rolled and bounced there way around rim and in.  He played him tough.  You could say he was a ' Beast '.  And really you appear to have have been watching a different game.  If you taped it watch again.

That's cool I just wondered if you thought any differently and were ready to admit it or not. 
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 05:10:10 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff

He may not start but, he'll be a big part of winning another finals with his lightening quick feet and meat hook hands and outstanding finishing around the rim.

Oh and his unGodly athletic ability.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 05:29:21 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Not really.

No it's not a big deal at all in the grand scheme of things.  He made  Lamar work he just made 2 nice plays both of which rolled and bounced there way around rim and in.  He played him tough.  You could say he was a ' Beast '.  And really you appear to have have been watching a different game.  If you taped it watch again.

That's cool I just wondered if you thought any differently and were ready to admit it or not. 
We all have our binkies, but that doesn't make giving up layups okay.

Baby played very well last night, but most of his damage was on the offensive end. That's why he should continue to play the same range of minutes he has been up to this point, less if Bynum/Gasol are both in.

You always attack others perceptions when they disagree with you, not really an effective argument.

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 05:30:17 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

He may not start but, he'll be a big part of winning another finals with his lightening quick feet and meat hook hands and outstanding finishing around the rim.

Oh and his unGodly athletic ability.
Because one good game means he's suddenly an excellent finisher at the rim....

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 05:43:09 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
i say stick with who's hot, and play matchups.
you can't predetermine who'll play more minutes.
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 05:46:09 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
Aren't you speaking about yourself, Fafnir? You never liked BBD. Your bad!