Author Topic: January 8th, 2010 Celtics @ Hawks  (Read 3695 times)

January 8th, 2010 Celtics @ Hawks
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:24:20 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
My wife and I got in some sort of argument, blah blah blah. She ends up throwing in my face my Xmas gift...
Just to tell you the better part that leads into this, a week or so prior to this, she asked me where Rhode Island was..
So I jump to the conclusion that she was searching for Boston and was gonna get me tickets..she made fun of me for days, laughing at the fact that I would conjure up the idea that we could afford a trip from Chattanooga, TN to Boston and watch the Celtics in the Garden...
So she throws the gift into my face...2 pieces of folded paper..printed off tickets to see the Celtics..in ATL.
YES, VERY EXCITED!! No, not the Garden, BUT ITS THE CELTICS!!!
It's my 1st actual season game(seen the Hawks and Grizzlies play at UTC preseason w/half the stars not dressed)
So my initial question here is...WHO ELSE IS GONNA BE THERE?
I know the Hawks fans will out number us, but I don't wanna be alone with just me and my wife sporting Celtics shirts.
Post here if you're gonna be there too      GO CELTICS!!!!
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: January 8th, 2010 Celtics @ Hawks
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:27:54 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
My wife and I got in some sort of argument, blah blah blah. She ends up throwing in my face my Xmas gift...
Just to tell you the better part that leads into this, a week or so prior to this, she asked me where Rhode Island was..
So I jump to the conclusion that she was searching for Boston and was gonna get me tickets..she made fun of me for days, laughing at the fact that I would conjure up the idea that we could afford a trip from Chattanooga, TN to Boston and watch the Celtics in the Garden...
So she throws the gift into my face...2 pieces of folded paper..printed off tickets to see the Celtics..in ATL.
It's my 1st actual season game(seen the Hawks and Grizzlies play at UTC preseason w/half the stars not dressed)
I know the Hawks fans will out number us, but I don't wanna be alone with just me and my wife sporting Celtics shirts.
I hope you immediately apologized for whatever it is you didn't do and claim that you were completely wrong, even though we all know you weren't, and declared yourself the luckiest guy in the world for having such a thoughtful wife, which of course, you are!!

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:33:48 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I hope you immediately apologized for whatever it is you didn't do and claim that you were completely wrong, even though we all know you weren't, and declared yourself the luckiest guy in the world for having such a thoughtful wife, which of course, you are!!

Nick you are a better man than I.

I would take the gift, and then tell her how smart I was.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 11:02:31 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Notgonna be there but ATL seems like a fun place to see a basketball game, at least when the C's are in town. It gets looouuud. Have fun!

I have to take this opportunity to brag. My girlfriend loves the Celtics also (not as much as me but that is nearly impossible). I can get away with getting her Celtics tickets as presents as long as I accompany the game with a dinner or a night on the town. How awesome is that? My gf loves getting tickets and I get credit for a gift that I enjoy even more than she does.

I also got "her" a nice LCD TV for her bedroom last Christmas and now we are getting a house together. Think she is going to catch on to these "gifts" that I keep getting her? Am I a selfish jerk?

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 11:06:36 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
Notgonna be there but ATL seems like a fun place to see a basketball game, at least when the C's are in town. It gets looouuud. Have fun!

I have to take this opportunity to brag. My girlfriend loves the Celtics also (not as much as me but that is nearly impossible). I can get away with getting her Celtics tickets as presents as long as I accompany the game with a dinner or a night on the town. How awesome is that? My gf loves getting tickets and I get credit for a gift that I enjoy even more than she does.

I also got "her" a nice LCD TV for her bedroom last Christmas and now we are getting a house together. Think she is going to catch on to these "gifts" that I keep getting her? Am I a selfish jerk?
I call you a loving, manipulative jerk.
What better gifts than those you can share with whom you love?
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 11:09:24 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

I call you a loving, manipulative jerk.
What better gifts than those you can share with whom you love?

Haha. I am glad you see things as I do!

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 11:30:05 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Yea, totally. It was one of those 180 emotional moments. I went from steaming mad with my fist clinched to a deer in headlights with butterflies and jaw hitting the floor. I was in mid sentence of making a good point in the argument, and BAM, she gets me tickets. It made the whole "getting over it" WAY easier but she shoots me in the foot everyday for ruining my xmas gift. Doesn't bother me that much, b/c either way, I'd heading to ATL January 8th, and stopping at the WaffleHouse on the way there WOOT WOOT!!!
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 05:29:51 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

So firstly I hate you.  >:(

Secondly I hoped you listen to Nick.

Oh, and you're awesome Greenbean.