Author Topic: Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."  (Read 8983 times)

Re: Lavar Ball: "Lakers don't want to play for Luke Walton."
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2018, 07:32:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I can't imagine Lonzo is too happy right now. He is playing badly and he knows it. Hard for him not to think, or at least wonder, if he'd be doing better with a different coach / system.

I don't think it's Walton's fault. It is just a bad team. And Lonzo is a bad player (right now).

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2018, 07:48:47 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I believe some of the criticism against Lavar and his family is unwarranted BUT his comments HERE are unnecessary and not true.

Lakers - when completely healthy - are a competitive team on most nights. But Ingram has been hurt, Lopez and Lonzo have been hurt as well and that has resulted in the losing streak.
Lonzo being hurt has been beneficial for their team, he's a constant negative.

Also, they were only competitive when they had their easy start to the year. Against actual decent opposition they've shown how trash they truly are
Well, it was definitely good for our draft pick.  They lost all the games that Lonzo missed.

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2018, 08:00:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I can't imagine Lonzo is too happy right now. He is playing badly and he knows it. Hard for him not to think, or at least wonder, if he'd be doing better with a different coach / system.

I don't think it's Walton's fault. It is just a bad team. And Lonzo is a bad player (right now).

Lonzo made a snotty comment when asked did he like his coach .   His reply was I ll play for anybody .  He did not back his coach ,   to me this was stab in the back to Luke by Lonzo .....Lnozo had a chance to right a wrong by his father .   

Ball family is trash .....the whole mess are low class .

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2018, 08:11:27 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2018, 08:24:59 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Rick Carlisle calls out ESPN for giving Lavar a platform:  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21996383/dallas-mavericks-coach-rick-carlisle-rips-espn-giving-lavar-ball-platform

Rick Carlisle is right on the money on this one. It's like giving a platform to a celticsblogger and passing as journalism. We have our opinion and its fun to post about them, but its not news worthy.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2018, 08:55:52 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Rick Carlisle calls out ESPN for giving Lavar a platform:  http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21996383/dallas-mavericks-coach-rick-carlisle-rips-espn-giving-lavar-ball-platform

Rick Carlisle is right on the money on this one. It's like giving a platform to a celticsblogger and passing as journalism. We have our opinion and its fun to post about them, but its not news worthy.

Are you saying our opinions aren't worthy of the attentions of hard journalism?

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2018, 09:43:33 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Welcome to BSPN, where bad journalism exists. Lol just like them dropping a "bombshell" Friday morning about the Patriots.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2018, 09:50:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I would love to see Lavar Ball coach The Lakers. It would be sooooooo good! The Laker's soap opera continues!

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2018, 09:59:57 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I hate LaVar Ball and the Ball family in general. How he's publicly dissing Luke Walton is wrong.

But as a Celtics fan, I am enjoying that draft pick. So...keep up on what you're doing internally and externally, Lakers!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2018, 10:18:21 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Lavar Ball must secretly be a Celtics fan. That is the only explanation at this point.

As for Carlisle and ESPN, I totally agree. It would be different if this was Extra or Entertainment Tonight, but giving Lavar this platform is purely for ratings sake (not real news). It's too bad, too, because I still really enjoy SportsCenter, but the opinion/hot takes are mind-numbing.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 08:44:10 AM by jambr380 »

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2018, 05:43:48 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
I am loving it, and the reporter should have the right to ask whoever they want as well as Lavar can say whatever he want, if you are the coach you shouldn't be affected by one person's comments anyway no matter who he is or you really not fit for the job

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2018, 11:45:59 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Lavar "instanaMute" opinion is as meaningless as sport center has become.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2018, 11:53:07 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
This sort of noise was why I was terrified the C's would decide they loved Ball once they won the lottery.

Just a lot of drama for its own sake that would annoy me.

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2018, 02:52:40 PM »

Offline OnPoint

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 128
I’m with Bill Simmons when said that the Lakers should use Ball to rid themselves of Deng and Clarkson.

If they plan on getting LeBron next year they may as well because Ball can’t play with him.

Well, can't and won't.  Why would the best player in the world use fee agency to step into that ****-storm?  No good players , except Kuzma - who plays lebron's exact position, no hope of winning a title anytime soon, and in the background having Lavar buzzing like a bad noise making machine.  Lebron has put himself in good situations every time he switched teams, you think he is going to not do that now? 

Lavar is like a bad high school parent complaining about the coach.
Isn’t that the whole point? Get rid of Ball and the distractions that come with him, and clear cap space to sign max players.

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2018, 03:01:06 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
the one thing I'm curious about is is this just Lavar's opinion or has heard this from Lonzo?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip