Author Topic: Good Read from Pierce by Jackie MacMullan  (Read 20963 times)

Re: Good Read from Pierce by Jackie MacMullan
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2015, 04:21:27 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Article kind of partially explains why Danny tried to trade Ray every year starting in 2009.  It doesn't sound like the other players would have cared.

Yeah, that's why I found it weird when Doc said that PP and KG weren't talking to Ray before he left or something like that..and when they said that they weren't recruiting Ray during his FA..I should have figured something then.

Both of you have terrible memories. Paul and Garnett did all they could to prevent Ray being traded. They actually did stop Ainge according to rumours, but the damage was done from a organization point of view.

Maybe you need to reread what I wrote because I never said anything about when he was almost traded. I said during FREE AGENCY they didn't try to recruit him. Here's what Woj said:

Allen had his reasons, and they're well-documented. In the end, Doc Rivers could no longer get Garnett and Pierce to recruit Allen to stay, sources told Yahoo. Neither player would call Allen, and only Pierce could be counted upon to even text him. The partnership had run its course, and Allen made the right, if unpopular, decision for himself

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin-garnett-fires-back-at-lebron-james-as-nets-heat-rivalry-grows-162601827.html

« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2015, 04:27:28 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Now it all makes sense with the Ray thing..yeah Rondo and Ray had their problems, but it just really seemed like Ray wasn't really a "team" guy and he was ready to go..the narrative was easier to blame it on Rondo.

I found it strange when Doc had said that PP and KG didn't reach out to Ray during the free agency to woo him. I love these types of interviews, Truth riding into the sunset and letting it all hang out..lol.

Yea ok.

Paul said Ray was great on the court...

one thing that Ray is on the court is REAL...he will give you 100% , always go to practice, and always do whats hes asked.

Pierce is cool for airing this all out....

He basically just told everyone how Ray is....which IMO is not bad.

Being a nuisance like rondo is what's bad.

They ALL are real on the court..but was that what the article was about...no. He was talking about Ray's personality off the court. Like I said, there was always a narrative of Rondo without having both sides. And because he doesn't pander to the media, you're not going to get another side. So yeah, he said he was good on the court, selfish off the court..so whatever.

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2015, 01:09:22 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Pierce is firm: Next season will be his last.

"I've had my time,'' he said.

Did anyone else pick up on this, or is it old news?

Yeah, I saw that.  When Pierce and KG  are gone from the league, it's going to be a little sad.  It's probably me just getting older, but I largely don't find the current generation of stars to be as likeable as the guys like Pierce, KG, Duncan, Dirk, etc.

Probably cuz two of the consensus most annoying out of those 4 were legendary Celtics ;)

You also leave out Kobe, who is unbearable to most.

But I agree, it'll be a sad day when they're gone.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/