Author Topic: CJ McCollum NBA draft  (Read 2854 times)

CJ McCollum NBA draft
« on: March 19, 2012, 02:16:51 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I normally don't follow college basketball. But because its March Madness I caught couple of games. One game of which was between Duke vs. Leigh (First Round). There was this one player who stood head and shoulders above the rest, and no it wasn't Austin Rivers. It was Lehigh Guard CJ McCollum. I was instantly mesmerized. Mid Major kid killing powerhouse like DUKE. Flashbacks Stephen Curry Davidson days.

Pure scorer, rebounds like a power forward, gets to the line at high rate, dazzling ball-handling skills.

Just out this vicious killer crossover, and the step-back ala Pierce.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl9L_f7dYfA

Highlight reel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQkmaFY7WUs

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:30:49 AM by Change »

Re: CJ McCollum NBA draft
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 02:36:56 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
yeah i like him. I think he could be a Lou Williams type dude. Instant offense off the bench. I would take him depending on where he falls in the draft.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 03:06:27 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
In fact if Austin doesnt fall to us, I would make this guy a serious target if I were Danny. I wouldnt mind trading the clippers pick for a later first rounder (unless his stock rises to the mid 20's range) and an early 2nd rounder. I think its been proven that if your this type of scorer in college (2 guard with handles and shooting ability) and your consistently putting up 20+ ppg, your gonna be able to score in the league. Marshon Brooks example NO. 1.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 08:49:45 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Does he always shoot the ball like he's Kobe?  In that Duke game it seemed like he was the only one on the team for the first half. 

If I had to pick a guy that stood out head and shoulders I'd go with Mason Plumlee.  Made the same number of buckets in about 1/3 of the attempts (made all 9).
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 08:56:48 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Like him, but I'd rather have Scott Machado. Just me but Machado can also drive the lane (although not as explosive) and score from inside out. I pick him because he has better court vision. Then again, I haven't seen a lot of Iona and Lehigh games. But I've seen Machado play for a few games. He has good court vision, and he pretty much can do what CJ McCollum does.

If he leaves early, Tony Wroten Jr. is the one we should be looking at at the PG position.

But really, we should not use our picks for a PG. We have Rondo and whoever we pick will just play back up minutes. If that's who we're going for, I'd rather sign Aaron Brooks.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 07:47:09 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Wages of Win recently touted CJ McCollum as part of their search for the next Jeremy Lin, suggesting that he would be a better choice than Austin Rivers.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 08:28:25 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I see him as a late 1st rounder at best. He obviously has some talent, but we're talking a 6'3" 190lb shooting guard who has played most of his games against 2nd-tier competition. Obviously the Duke game was huge, but it's hard to get toooo excited about a guy going 14-46 in two tournament games. He gets a lot of his shots from 3PT and FT lines, but I'm still a little worried by someone who recently shot under 40% in the Patriot League.

Definitely a risk / reward guy, so that could play with a team like Boston with a 2nd pick in the 20s... but I have a hard time seeing him as a starter in his NBA career.

Could be fun to watch, though.