Poll

Which team will Kawhi play for next season?

Clippers
13 (21.3%)
Lakers
17 (27.9%)
Raptors
30 (49.2%)
none of the above
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Poll: Which team will Kawhi play for next season?  (Read 3309 times)

Poll: Which team will Kawhi play for next season?
« on: July 02, 2019, 04:13:21 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
 :P

Re: Poll: Which team will Kawhi play for next season?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 04:36:13 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
i voted with my heart. It would be surprisingly to me if he went to the Lakers just cause I view the world through my own lens and have to think I can't be that much more competitive than an NBA player. I have been in plenty of pick up games over the year and me (and very few other people) every want to go stack the deck and create a super team. Obviously there are a lot of different things between a pickup game and the NBA that make the comparison seem a bit comical, but still...

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 07:01:48 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
i voted with my heart. It would be surprisingly to me if he went to the Lakers just cause I view the world through my own lens and have to think I can't be that much more competitive than an NBA player. I have been in plenty of pick up games over the year and me (and very few other people) every want to go stack the deck and create a super team. Obviously there are a lot of different things between a pickup game and the NBA that make the comparison seem a bit comical, but still...

Would Bird and Magic rather have played with or against each other? Maybe a bad example based on their competitiveness but there is no question that they’d have they chosen to play against each other and that doing so made each other better and cemented their legacies.  Kawhi actually has a chance to rise to the pantheon of NBA players by leading another team to a title.  Winning with AD and LBJ does very little for his legacy.  I hope he sees it that way.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 07:35:26 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm really hoping he remains in Toronto. After winning it all how could he look those fans in the face if he leaves?

The last place I can see him going is to the Lakers to play with LeCarpetbagger. I feel he has much too much class and sense to do that.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 07:36:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I’d be shocked if not Lakers.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 08:03:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
hoping for Toronto for the good of the game.  expecting the worst with him going to Lakers for the detriment of the game

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 08:38:30 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
hoping for Toronto for the good of the game.  expecting the worst with him going to Lakers for the detriment of the game
Agreed even though not the best for the C’s

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 08:42:45 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
my money is on the Clippers...one look from the Logo and his mesmerizing eyes and he is signed, don't believe me, heck we almost got KD until the Logo swooped in and took KD from Danny's grasps.

The Fakers is all just posturing to me...otherwise he should have been signed by now. Its pretty easy and you do not really need a long meeting, just look at Lebron and AD and its pretty easy to decide that the Claw will be a third banana to those two.

The darkhorse ofcourse is the Raptors, im sure KL is just oh so torn to leave an organization that virtually treated him and pampered his demands..not to mention you win a championship with them, hell you have to give them a chance to defend it...and maybe he does by signing a 1+1 contract.

In the end as I said, the Clippers has what he wants...Home, HE is the star player and not a third banana, strong coaching staff and the legacy of being the first player to finally break that Clipper curse of NO FINALS appearance....EVER.

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 09:43:56 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Jalen Rose said on ESPN earlier tonite (video is on twitter) that he's "99%" sure Leonard is going to sign  with Toronto for 2 years. He said he has sources who are telling him this.

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 09:55:29 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
The first wave of AAU generation is in the NBA they've been on stacked teams there whole lives.

They've watched Dad's uncle's cousins put together these super AAU teams for the sake of winning and brining them attention.

They did this same thing in high school prep teams the their one year at their stacked college teams. Now they stack their NBA teams because they want to win.

Bird and Magic would have never joined up because they didn't grow up together it was just another guy trying to take food off my dinner plate. That generation beat the snot out of their bodies out of that competitiveness.

This generation is all sciency and load managementy. They trying to get more years in so they can get an additional contract out of their careers.

This generation is much more business like. Doesn't make it bad just different.
ok fine

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 11:38:03 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Sign & trade to San Antonio. At the press conference he and Pop reenact the Ron Burgundy-Wes Mantooth scene from the end of Anchorman. They take no questions.

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2019, 12:02:39 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I’d be shocked if not Lakers.

you can almost guarantee his entourage/ friends / family want LA ...he ll be closer to them with mo money to hand out ....at least they hope so.

I like to think not everybody out there is as selfish as Lebron.

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2019, 12:11:30 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Sign & trade to San Antonio. At the press conference he and Pop reenact the Ron Burgundy-Wes Mantooth scene from the end of Anchorman. They take no questions.
I never knew I wanted this so badly
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2019, 10:35:06 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
48% voting for TOR atm

Hope that happens

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2019, 04:10:20 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
What the heck?

Make up your mind Kawhi.

My wife giving me the eye roll treatment every time I check my phone.