39 (36.8%)
I would lose a little interest in the NBA
11 (10.4%)
I would lose a lot of interest in the NBA
38 (35.8%)
I would mostly stop following it
13 (12.3%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Author Topic: Poll: Would you lose interest in the NBA if Leonard went to Lakers  (Read 22728 times)

Re: Poll: Would you lose interest in the NBA if Leonard went to Lakers
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 07:29:22 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Nope. It would cripple the Raptors and make the East a 2 or 3 team race

If Kawhi goes to LAC, then that'd really benefit us. For one, he obviously doesn't go to the Lakers. But also, without Kawhi I doubt the Raptors are a Top-4 team in the East next season. Likewise, PHI and MIL could lose some key players in the next few weeks too.

All of a sudden, IF we're able to get Kemba + sign 1-2 decent bigs, then maybe we still can be a contender in the East (Top-3 in the conference).

Anyways, even despite all the reporting/rumors I still feel he's going to stay in Toronto.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 07:41:32 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Nothing disgusts me more in sports than the relative ease at which the Lakers are able to rebuild vis a vis the rest of the league.   It's a simple formula and it happens over and over again.  I hate the Red Sox / Yankees advantage in MLB, but the ability in the NBA for a player or 2 to have major influence on winning creates an amazingly unfair advantage.  Hate it.

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2019, 07:49:25 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I would lose Alot of interest..1. All u will hear about would be Lakers..2. they be on TV every game probably..3. If they win it, all u hear is how great James is..but cant do anything without stars around him..just look at last season..4..its the Lakers
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 07:52:51 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I lost some interest after GSW signed Durant, but I still continued watching. The playoffs became more boring.

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 07:56:59 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I don’t believe in brown or Tatum as being the chosen ones but if LeBron Davis and kawhi team up the only hope the rest of the nba would have is if the Js develop to their max potential and take them down.

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2019, 07:57:03 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I would be done with the NBA and casual watch a Celtics game here or there. Wouldn’t pay money to see a game or make it appointment TV anymore. The fact that Silver sits around and allows the league to be run by Lebron and Rich Paul is a joke. Need a commissioner who has a sack.

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2019, 08:00:38 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
I would be done with the NBA and casual watch a Celtics game here or there. Wouldn’t pay money to see a game or make it appointment TV anymore. The fact that Silver sits around and allows the league to be run by Lebron and Rich Paul is a joke. Need a commissioner who has a sack.
The other 29 owners should join there effort and refuse to do business with rich Paul’s clients.. let them all go to the lakers

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2019, 08:28:00 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
If you are on board after the past 3 years, there’s no way this should change anything.

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2019, 08:30:14 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
Yes, definitely.  My interest in the NBA has been at an all time low ever since KD went to Golden State.  I'd still watch all of the Celtics games but other than that I wouldn't follow anything else.

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2019, 08:35:17 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I think the NBA should really think hard about setting up a system where each team assign a designated star player (ideally these are usually all NBA types) and that star player is not allowed to be teammates with another teams star player unless its a trade between both star players.. This protects the interest of the fans, the teams and prevents super mega teams on Steroids from happening aka the Golden State Warriors and even AD from teaming up with Lebrick... Different case of course if it just happens to be that the said team manage to build its super team with homegrown/drafted talents.

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2019, 08:50:53 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Of course not....

Don't forget our HISTORY with the Lakers...

We are 9-3 versus them in the Finals.

We've oftentimes been the UNDERDOGS versus LA - even in 2007-08. Kobe's star shone so brightly that year that EVERY ESPN Analyst picked THEM that year - except for Tim Legler bless his heart....

I cried with joy as we walloped them in the finals...especially that critical Game 4. Doc Rivers coached his keester off in that game..

I was barely born, but didn't Wilt dwarf Russell and BOS back in the day? But yet we STILL triumphed...

Look, if Kawhi wants to go to that thin team and play 44 min per game then go ahead. He certainly won't have the depth that he had in TOR...he'll have more depth in Clipperville.

I'll take 15 hungry men in Green - playing as a TEAM...playing for one another - over a superstar-laden team.

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2019, 08:54:47 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
It would be funny if Kawhi was asking to see Jeannie Buss to say he'll join but only if they trade LeBron first. ;D

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2019, 08:55:08 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Kawhi better be careful. He has rebuilt his reputation with the championship win in Toronto. He is free to leave, but if he decides to team up with Lebron and Davis, he will (and should) get the KD treatment when he joined the Warriors.

This situation is different though because Kawhi Leonard has won, so he’s going into this as a champion. He’s in a position where he can basically do whatever he wants and not receive the blowback

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2019, 08:57:12 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
To the 70% who voted below, “Wouldn’t impact it”... I don’t believe you.

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2019, 08:58:25 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I think the NBA should really think hard about setting up a system where each team assign a designated star player (ideally these are usually all NBA types) and that star player is not allowed to be teammates with another teams star player unless its a trade between both star players.. This protects the interest of the fans, the teams and prevents super mega teams on Steroids from happening aka the Golden State Warriors and even AD from teaming up with Lebrick... Different case of course if it just happens to be that the said team manage to build its super team with homegrown/drafted talents.

well, Anthony Davis didnt make all NBA this year, so by the rules he'd still be able to team up.

if players demand trades and sit out half the season like AD did then they can side step rules like this and still get what they want.

honestly i dont know how you fix a problem like this, and also get the players association to sign off on it.

I suppose one way to at least slow it down is to say a team cant sign more than one max level player in one offseason
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 09:19:03 PM by greg683x »
Greg