Author Topic: L.A. Lakers  (Read 4698 times)

L.A. Lakers
« on: June 22, 2019, 09:54:25 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Hate the Lakers and hope they go 0-82! Also this team will be all we hear about next season..right now, to me,, they are a 6th or 7th seed in West..of course they going add players in FA..which had be wonering, who will they get?
As of now team:
C-Kuzman, Wagner
PF- Davis
SF-James, Caruso
SG-KCP, Horton-Tucker
PG-Bonga

My guess they will add if they cant get cap space
PG-Rondo or Rubio
SF-Melo
C-McGee or Chandler
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: L.A. Lakers
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 10:04:04 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kuz is definitely not their center - it will have to be AD.

I see them filling out their roster with veterans and try and sign some upper-mid tier free agent, if they can. I can't imagine them getting any of the true marquee free agents.

They desperately need guards, shooting and anyone who can play defence. Right now they have a hollow roster.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 10:18:22 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Alex Caruso is a PG (not a SF). Very underrated. If they give him a chance, he can be a regular in their rotation.

Actually I find the amount of talent that they have brought in over the years (draft, free agents) very impressive (I'm not talking about James specifically). If the Lakers weren't so impatient and arrogant they could have avoided a lot of bad trades and letting guys go for nothing, and have a championship roster right now.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 11:10:41 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
As of now, they are a Lebron or Davis injury away from the lottery. Always risky to tie your hopes on an aging superstar as well. Lebron has a lot of hours on that body and many deep playoff runs. His game age is actually older then his real age. Not saying injury is coming but those hours eventually catch up to all great players. They need to manage his minutes though. Now, if they sign another max somehow, that will give them much needed fallback options.

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 05:53:51 PM »

• Don Nelson
Davis just followed DLO on instagram! Here comes Russell back to LA. Not sure how DLO will feel about ball dominant Lebron but hey, not my problem.

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/06/lakers-anthony-davis-dangelo-russell-free-agency/

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 06:00:02 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
James and Davis in the Lakers.

They'll definitely be better than OKC, Utah, and Portland. Golden State is a 30-win team next year. Also depends on Houston's free agency- they'll lose CP3 and Capela which means lower win-projection.

I see them and Denver fighting for the West. But the West belongs to the Lakers with star power alone. They also got max space for Jimmy Butler.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2019, 06:10:44 PM »

Offline Pvictor11

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 62

They'll definitely be better than OKC, Utah, and Portland. Golden State is a 30-win team next year. Also depends on Houston's free agency- they'll lose CP3 and Capela which means lower win-projection.

I see them and Denver fighting for the West. But the West belongs to the Lakers with star power alone. They also got max space for Jimmy Butler.
Do you seriously think GSW will be a 30 win team next year? I don't think that AT ALL
Brazilian Celtic Fan!

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 06:21:24 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Hate to say it I think they will be really good if James is still at a high level and they both stay healthy. I'm not convinced they both can stay healthy though.

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 06:23:51 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think they'll be in the finals, and face either Toronto (if Kawhi stays) or Bucks (if Kawhi leaves Raps).

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2019, 06:50:08 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
As of now, they are a Lebron or Davis injury away from the lottery. Always risky to tie your hopes on an aging superstar as well. Lebron has a lot of hours on that body and many deep playoff runs. His game age is actually older then his real age. Not saying injury is coming but those hours eventually catch up to all great players. They need to manage his minutes though. Now, if they sign another max somehow, that will give them much needed fallback options.

Lebron James will be 35 in December, and I believe has already eclipsed Michael Jordan among other in total minutes played.  I too agree it’s not a given they will go deep in the playoffs next year for this very reason. Look at how Wade declined pretty quickly.

Also as of right now the deal will be completed on July 6th which means they will have about 23 million in cap space which is not max money.  I imagine Russell will get least 15 mil let’s say 18 mil.  5 mil for role player, and the rest of the roster just minimum salary guys.  I don’t see them being a deep team at all even spreading the 23 million among 4 or 5 guys, and you combine that with all those miles on James legs.   No guarantee they will go far.  Another thing it’s going to be a lot of fun watching the Pelicans play them next year.  Zion against Lebron.

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2019, 06:57:23 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Stink.

But seriously here's hoping that somehow - someway - we can BOTH meet in the Finals next year and we can party like it's Summer of 2008 again.

To see them go down like that AGAIN would give me Tears of Joy.

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2019, 06:57:43 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Do you seriously think GSW will be a 30 win team next year? I don't think that AT ALL

With just Steph Curry and Draymond Green and a bunch of washed-up players....I'd say 35-39 wins if I'm being generous. The West will be too much for that particular squad to handle.

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2019, 06:59:24 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

Stink.

But seriously here's hoping that somehow - someway - we can BOTH meet in the Finals next year and we can party like it's Summer of 2008 again.

The last thing I wanna see is the Lakers sweeping the Celtics and watching them celebrate their 17th trophy at the TD Garden...so no.

Not until the Celtics dramatically improve their roster.

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »

• Don Nelson
I think they'll be in the finals, and face either Toronto (if Kawhi stays) or Bucks (if Kawhi leaves Raps).

Are we a rabbit out of the hat from Celtics Lakers finals? If only this past season would have gone different, it could have been a legitimate chance of Kyrie vs Lebron in finals, Celtics vs Lakers.....Please send Danny a rabbit!

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2019, 08:25:58 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Stink.

The last thing I wanna see is the Lakers sweeping the Celtics and watching them celebrate their 17th trophy at the TD Garden...so no.

Not until the Celtics dramatically improve their roster.

No need to worry...IF BOS/LA meet in the Finals, I'm sure it will be with a VERY TIRED / beat up Lakers squad...the West won't be as competitive as it's been in the past but no way the Lakers can construct a deep roster.

I see BOS outlasting LAL in a seven game series. IF we make it out of the East I'm sure it will be on the backs of JT / JB and GH and Smart.....or some other roster makeup that Danny has  planned.