Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 125261 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #585 on: Yesterday at 04:22:50 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I miss the old days when they didn't have a televised Press Conference before and after every game..and No sideline interviews DURING the freaking Game....way too much media involved in these games...Players need to concentrate.

BTW---Get off my Lawn-!!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #586 on: Yesterday at 05:44:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1773
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I miss the old days when they didn't have a televised Press Conference before and after every game..and No sideline interviews DURING the freaking Game....way too much media involved in these games...Players need to concentrate.

BTW---Get off my Lawn-!!

Speaking of interviews during the game, what was up with Horford doing the pre-4th quarter interview instead of Joe? I know the Celtics were reeling, but I thought that was always a coach thing. Luckily Al slotted right into the role

« Reply #587 on: Today at 12:03:56 AM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1385

BTW---Get off my Lawn-!!

Speaking of interviews during the game, what was up with Horford doing the pre-4th quarter interview instead of Joe? I know the Celtics were reeling, but I thought that was always a coach thing. Luckily Al slotted right into the role

I've noticed that sometimes TNT have players do the interview for whatever odd reason.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #588 on: Today at 02:50:08 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1455
Brian Robb: Jaylen Brown: “We have to come out and be the harder playing team.” – via Twitter BrianTRobb
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #589 on: Today at 03:32:42 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
Brian Robb: Jaylen Brown: “We have to come out and be the harder playing team.” – via Twitter BrianTRobb

I've heard that before but the outcome has been the same ::)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #590 on: Today at 03:42:36 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 880

He isn’t wrong. Hard to imagine that they have to talk about that in a playoff game, but that is the main issue. That and stopping Mitchell.

« Reply #591 on: Today at 03:56:18 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He isn’t wrong. Hard to imagine that they have to talk about that in a playoff game, but that is the main issue. That and stopping Mitchell.

How can a team that has fallen short so many times still not learn this lesson?  Is it just an issue of competitive drive? They live soft, easy lives of luxury so they don't have the same hungriness for a championship?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #592 on: Today at 04:30:11 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1455

Guess it’s not just the Celtics struggling with effort. T-Wolves certainly played complacently last night in their loss to the Nuggets.

Dane Moore: Anthony Edwards: “It’s on me, I’ll take the blame for this loss. I came out with no energy at all. I can’t afford to do that for my team. I let my team down, the fans down.” – via Twitter DaneMooreNBA

Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #593 on: Today at 04:58:17 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 880
Inconsistent play is not unique to the Celtics. As noted look at Denver and Minnesota. It is some thing the Celtics need to address to overcome. But they aren’t the only team that needs to address this. Pretty much every team does.

« Reply #594 on: Today at 05:17:41 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 557

Guess it’s not just the Celtics struggling with effort. T-Wolves certainly played complacently last night in their loss to the Nuggets.

Dane Moore: Anthony Edwards: “It’s on me, I’ll take the blame for this loss. I came out with no energy at all. I can’t afford to do that for my team. I let my team down, the fans down.” – via Twitter DaneMooreNBA

Why do fans think players should be automatons?  Those fans don't go into whatever their jobs are and give 100% effort every day.  Those fans are not consistently productive every day.  Some days are just off days. 

« Reply #595 on: Today at 05:28:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25613
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Why do fans think players should be automatons?  Those fans don't go into whatever their jobs are and give 100% effort every day.  Those fans are not consistently productive every day.  Some days are just off days.

The players have to play hard for roughly 2 hours of game time per week. When they're getting paid tens of millions of dollars I'm not sure that lack of effort is a fair excuse.

If a guy's shot is off, that's understandable.  His effort?  No way.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #596 on: Today at 06:14:05 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008

The players have to play hard for roughly 2 hours of game time per week. When they're getting paid tens of millions of dollars I'm not sure that lack of effort is a fair excuse.

If a guy's shot is off, that's understandable.  His effort?  No way.

Exactly, these players get paid dozens of millions. The effort needs to be present. On defense, run up to the guy taking the shot. Stick your hand out or stick it in front of their face or above. On offense, move around and get open. Don't just stand there outside the 3 point line waiting for the ball to come to you while your teammate is getting trapped or pressured by defenders. Just do your dang job.

I feel bad for the Celtics fans attending the game in person to watch that garbage show the other night. They paid several hundreds to a few thousands for seats.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #597 on: Today at 06:23:29 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 378
I’m convinced that players and fans say it was lack of effort to make them feel better. It makes them feel like they have more control over a sport that has a decent amount of randomness in it.

Also, I can’t imagine that if a team or player did come out flat and lacking effort, that once they fall behind 6-8 their effort is not going to ratchet back up. It’s not all or nothing for a game.