Author Topic: Bradley Beal?  (Read 9446 times)

Re: Bradley Beal?
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2023, 03:22:29 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Nah...I'd rather do that Portland Trade for Simons/3rd pick
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2023, 03:32:53 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1669061752351252482?s=46&t=lGU0TGXtwjkuVuoin6WTNw

The Boston Celtics are NOT interested in Bradley Beal, per @WindhorstESPN

Their main priority is to extend Jaylen Brown

Not that I think Windhorst has any kind of insider knowledge, but it makes sense. The new CBA makes having all three on super maxes unrealistic, and a trade of Brown for Beal doesn’t really make sense. There’s some potential options/three way trades where it could work, but hard to say we’re really better off with Beal over Brown.

Portland makes the most sense, though not sure they give up the third pick for him. Maybe something built around Simons?

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2023, 03:35:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Beal is hurt too much and Brown on a 1 year isn't attractive to Washington because he'd just leave.

This makes more sense for a team like Portland than us.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2023, 03:36:04 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Miami makes the most sense to me for Beal.

Herro, D Robinson and a couple of 1sts.

Strong offer for a highly paid oft injured undersized 30yr old SG. Beal gets to join a title contender. He gets to play as a #2 next to Jimmy. He plays with Bam to make a Big 3. MIA gets the 2nd scorer they desperately need. Win-win.

Washington gets to rebuild. A young SG who replaces a good chunk of what Beal brings to the table. And a bunch of 1sts to aid their rebuilding effort.

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2023, 03:40:58 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415

Strong offer for a highly paid oft injured undersized 30yr old SG. Beal gets to join a title contender. He gets to play as a #2 next to Jimmy. He plays with Bam to make a Big 3. MIA gets the 2nd scorer they desperately need. Win-win.

Washington gets to rebuild. A young SG who replaces a good chunk of what Beal brings to the table. And a bunch of 1sts to aid their rebuilding effort.
Bam, Butler, Beal the Killer Bs…
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2023, 03:41:10 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
The contract, the age, the defensive limitations, and the injury risk are too much to take on. Beal is a guy a more desperate franchise should go for.

Also, the new CBA just destroyed his market. Back when the penalty of being a tax team was mostly just money, it was easier to justify taking on an older player with a humongous deal. Now even the rich teams have got to be wondering how to cut salary into the future, not add it.

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2023, 03:52:53 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

If this happens, then Boston might as well let Jaylen walk. If they can't beat a Miami team without Beal, what makes anyone think we can if they add an elite scorer? In other words, why have 2 supermax players, if they can't win a title.

The combination of the J's leads to regular season success, but doesn't translate come playoff time. Why can't we win home playoff games? Why do mediocre playoff teams push the Celtics to games 6 or 7? I think the Damian Lillard comments recently spoke volumes. What do other players around the league think about the Celtics that we don't know about? I don't know why no one sees this, especially management and ownership. If they give Jaylen a supermax, the Celtics will not win a title until after another rebuild. BTW, Marcus has to go to.

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2023, 04:02:51 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
League execs wondering about the future of Bradley Beal

Bradley Beal re-signed with the Washington Wizards last offseason on a five-year, $251 million and could be traded this offseason as Michael Winger takes over the front office. “Last week, Michael Winger, the new president of the Washington Wizards, said he has been given clearance from ownership to do a complete rebuild,” said Brian Windhorst on Get Up. “That has left everybody in the league wondering what about the future of Bradley Beal. – via RealGM

JB for BB might become a reality!

I saw elsewhere that Beal is one of the very few players with a no-trade clause.  That essentially means he can pick not only what destination he goes to, but can have a huge say in the compensation, too.

In other words, if Beal says "I'm only going to Boston, and I want Brown there", then Washington either makes that trade or deals with an unhappy Beal.

Theoretically, we could do Brogdon + Pritchard + Gallo + Kornet + Champagnie to make salaries work.  Of course, we'd then have a gigantically expensive team without a lot of avenues to improve.  But, among rotation players, it's Brogdon being converted into Beal.

Timelord / Horford / Kabengele
Tatum / Williams / Muscala
Brown / Hauser
Beal / White
Smart / Davidson

We'd basically have vet minimums, two-ways, and the #35 pick to fill out the roster.

Would you do it? Also would need to include several first round picks.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2023, 04:06:23 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Rather have Towns than Beal
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2023, 04:12:29 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!

If this happens, then Boston might as well let Jaylen walk. If they can't beat a Miami team without Beal, what makes anyone think we can if they add an elite scorer? In other words, why have 2 supermax players, if they can't win a title.

The combination of the J's leads to regular season success, but doesn't translate come playoff time. Why can't we win home playoff games? Why do mediocre playoff teams push the Celtics to games 6 or 7? I think the Damian Lillard comments recently spoke volumes. What do other players around the league think about the Celtics that we don't know about? I don't know why no one sees this, especially management and ownership. If they give Jaylen a supermax, the Celtics will not win a title until after another rebuild. BTW, Marcus has to go to.

We beat Miami last year.

Good on paper teams get assembled all the time (the Dwight/Kobe Lakers, the Harden/Kyrie/KD Nets), you still have to play the games. Otherwise, why not just run a simulation in 2k and pick a champion from that?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2023, 04:30:21 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
League execs wondering about the future of Bradley Beal

Bradley Beal re-signed with the Washington Wizards last offseason on a five-year, $251 million and could be traded this offseason as Michael Winger takes over the front office. “Last week, Michael Winger, the new president of the Washington Wizards, said he has been given clearance from ownership to do a complete rebuild,” said Brian Windhorst on Get Up. “That has left everybody in the league wondering what about the future of Bradley Beal. – via RealGM

JB for BB might become a reality!

I saw elsewhere that Beal is one of the very few players with a no-trade clause.  That essentially means he can pick not only what destination he goes to, but can have a huge say in the compensation, too.

In other words, if Beal says "I'm only going to Boston, and I want Brown there", then Washington either makes that trade or deals with an unhappy Beal.

Theoretically, we could do Brogdon + Pritchard + Gallo + Kornet + Champagnie to make salaries work.  Of course, we'd then have a gigantically expensive team without a lot of avenues to improve.  But, among rotation players, it's Brogdon being converted into Beal.

Timelord / Horford / Kabengele
Tatum / Williams / Muscala
Brown / Hauser
Beal / White
Smart / Davidson

We'd basically have vet minimums, two-ways, and the #35 pick to fill out the roster.

Would you do it? Also would need to include several first round picks.

No. I don't think adding Beal is the solution.  He is just another guard, albeit a very good one.  3 super max deals on same team just doesn't work.

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2023, 04:31:27 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
You know what? It'd be 2 years before it became a big financial strain if we extend Jaylen and go after Beal. Get Jayson on the phone and have him call up Brad Beal and tell him he needs to join up with up him and Jaylen. He has a NTC, he can control his own fate to some extent.

Go for it hard next year and if it doesn't pan out, work with Jaylen to reroute him to a team that can get us back some frontcourt help.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2023, 04:33:50 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

We beat Miami last year.

Good on paper teams get assembled all the time (the Dwight/Kobe Lakers, the Harden/Kyrie/KD Nets), you still have to play the games. Otherwise, why not just run a simulation in 2k and pick a champion from that?

An inferior Miami team that again took Boston to game 7? Who also didn't have Tyler Hero the whole series. Butler had the chance to win the series with a 3 that just missed.

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2023, 04:34:49 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

We beat Miami last year.

An inferior Miami team that again took Boston to game 7? Who also didn't have Tyler Hero the whole series. Butler had the chance to win the series with a 3 that just missed.

Miami was the #1 seed a year ago.  They weren’t that inferior.

« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2023, 05:02:28 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
https://twitter.com/thenbacentral/status/1669061752351252482?s=46&t=lGU0TGXtwjkuVuoin6WTNw

The Boston Celtics are NOT interested in Bradley Beal, per @WindhorstESPN

Their main priority is to extend Jaylen Brown

Not that I think Windhorst has any kind of insider knowledge, but it makes sense. The new CBA makes having all three on super maxes unrealistic, and a trade of Brown for Beal doesn’t really make sense. There’s some potential options/three way trades where it could work, but hard to say we’re really better off with Beal over Brown.

Portland makes the most sense, though not sure they give up the third pick for him. Maybe something built around Simons?

Washington has the 8th pick, so maybe Beal/#8 for Simons/#3/a sign trade of Reddish or some other salary filler. There's a path to a Portland/Washington deal that can pair Lillard and Beal. Don't think it's going to happen, but it also wouldn't shock me.
2021 Houston Rockets