Author Topic: Unpopular Opinion: Zion is ‘tradeable’  (Read 8921 times)

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Zion is ‘tradeable’
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2021, 04:40:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd look at Pistons Jermi Grant, Bey, Hayes and two unprotected first for Zion, Temple and Tomas.

I'd take that deal and run if I'm the Pelicans. If Pistons struggle you could get a top 5 pick year one.
Might as well move the franchise if you do that trade.
They probably should. New Orleans is a dieing city. It's been on the decline the last 20 years. With climate change it looks doomed to never recover.
Quite frankly, I think it's a pretty crappy thing to say that the nba should take a team away from a fanbase.

Regardless, it's an absolutely terrible decision to trade Zion. Teams endlessly tank for a talent like Zion. There's a small chance you get anything close to Zion.
I don't get it you said they should move first not me.

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2021, 06:13:01 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
I'd look at Pistons Jermi Grant, Bey, Hayes and two unprotected first for Zion, Temple and Tomas.

I'd take that deal and run if I'm the Pelicans. If Pistons struggle you could get a top 5 pick year one.
Might as well move the franchise if you do that trade.
They probably should. New Orleans is a dieing city. It's been on the decline the last 20 years. With climate change it looks doomed to never recover.
Quite frankly, I think it's a pretty crappy thing to say that the nba should take a team away from a fanbase.

Regardless, it's an absolutely terrible decision to trade Zion. Teams endlessly tank for a talent like Zion. There's a small chance you get anything close to Zion.
I don't get it you said they should move first not me.
They should move IF they do this god awful trade. The whole point is that ownership should just give up if they lose yet another star.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2021, 10:11:20 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Shocking. You don't move Zion unless it's for another A-grade prospect or a serious All-Star
I don't believe he will hold up. The two unprotected picks could net you a better long term impact player. Zion doesn't even want to stay in New Orleans. Let the guy go now while he still has high value and people will gamble on him getting back healthy.

I can understand wanting to sell high, but in that deal you're selling low while the price is high.
Its low because Zion will miss games due to surgery this year and you are getting Piston two unprotected 1st. After losing Grant, Hayes and McDaniel I expect Pistons to be a bottom 5 team again. So you get a very good PF, two high upside young prospects and possibly two high first for a injured superstar who is also disgruntled.
why do you think he will miss games.  every single report I've seen has said he'd be ready for the start of the season.
I heard that he won't be ready and that it's just P.R. that he will be ready.
Well Zion will now officially miss time. Inside sources let this out weeks ago which I believed in my post.

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2021, 11:04:13 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Shocking. You don't move Zion unless it's for another A-grade prospect or a serious All-Star
I don't believe he will hold up. The two unprotected picks could net you a better long term impact player. Zion doesn't even want to stay in New Orleans. Let the guy go now while he still has high value and people will gamble on him getting back healthy.

I can understand wanting to sell high, but in that deal you're selling low while the price is high.
Its low because Zion will miss games due to surgery this year and you are getting Piston two unprotected 1st. After losing Grant, Hayes and McDaniel I expect Pistons to be a bottom 5 team again. So you get a very good PF, two high upside young prospects and possibly two high first for a injured superstar who is also disgruntled.
why do you think he will miss games.  every single report I've seen has said he'd be ready for the start of the season.
Well Zion will now officially miss time. Inside sources let this out weeks ago which I believed in my post.
He looks like he's gained weight, after having been slimmer last season.

'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2021, 11:13:40 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

He did as he injured his foot a while back so cardio was limited. He has been working out upper body and limited lower body so suppose to not be all fat but still good muscle, if you believe it.

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2021, 11:49:31 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

It’s obvious he’s gained weight.

There’s no excuse for a guy who’s getting paid like him to be overweight. Kevin Love, another player who struggled with weight, hired a private chef and has a very restrictive year round diet.

Even if Zion has a foot issue, he can swim or cycle. This guy is a ticking time bomb for a career altering injury.

Edit: it’s funny how we were talking about this earlier, as yesterday Simmons & Russillo had the same opinion.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 12:02:22 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2021, 06:13:49 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

There’s no excuse for a guy who’s getting paid like him to be overweight. Kevin Love, another player who struggled with weight, hired a private chef and has a very restrictive year round diet.

Even if Zion has a foot issue, he can swim or cycle. This guy is a ticking time bomb for a career altering injury.

Edit: it’s funny how we were talking about this earlier, as yesterday Simmons & Russillo had the same opinion.
He needs to hit up Marc Gasol and Jokic. They both lost serious weight in their career
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2021, 06:42:19 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
He going to New York or LA once he eligible for FA, so if I was New Orleans, I would trade him when time is near..better get something than nothing…remember when Amare left Phoenix & Bosh left Toronto? Teams didn’t trade them and set them back for awhile
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2021, 08:39:32 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
He going to New York or LA once he eligible for FA, so if I was New Orleans, I would trade him when time is near..better get something than nothing…remember when Amare left Phoenix & Bosh left Toronto? Teams didn’t trade them and set them back for awhile

Sure, but the soonest he can hit unrestricted free agency is in 6 seasons if the Pels make the max offers they should, so this should not be an immediate concern for New Orleans.

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2021, 09:03:19 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is going to have a doggie doo career if he doesn't get some of that weight off of him.

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2021, 11:06:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Bosh actually was traded to Miami.  The Heat basically gave Toronto back its own 2011 pick which became 5th pick Valanciunas, and also traded a 2011 1st rounder (28 - Norris Cole). Toronto also picked up a 14.5 million trade exception (though they only used a small portion of that I believe). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2021, 11:56:56 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Bosh actually was traded to Miami.  The Heat basically gave Toronto back its own 2011 pick which became 5th pick Valanciunas, and also traded a 2011 1st rounder (28 - Norris Cole). Toronto also picked up a 14.5 million trade exception (though they only used a small portion of that I believe).

That whole transaction happened because Bosh was leaving.  While yes they technically didn’t get nothing, they could have gotten a much, much better return if they decided to move him on their own terms.  That’s the point he’s trying to make.

Greg

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2021, 12:21:50 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

That whole transaction happened because Bosh was leaving.  While yes they technically didn’t get nothing, they could have gotten a much, much better return if they decided to move him on their own terms.  That’s the point he’s trying to make.

It is surprising that the TPE was only $16.5M.  But #5 and #28 for an all star big in his prime is not all that great of a return.  Not nothing, but I am sure that NOP would hope for a whole lot more.

I wonder what kind of trade you could do for Zion that would make trading him worthwhile for NOP.  Teams like NYK or LAL may prefer to wait and try to sign (or sign and trade) for him.  But to do a straight trade, what could they give up that would make this worth it for NOP?  Other teams would not give up much as they would be afraid they would lose him as a FA.

The Celtics could offer Brown as a starting point but would we take the chance on him just running off to LA or NYC when he could?

« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2021, 12:29:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Even if Zion has a foot issue, he can swim
or cycle. This guy is a ticking time bomb for a career altering injury.

Bumbles don't swim...

Bumbles bounce....

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2021, 12:53:09 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

It is surprising that the TPE was only $16.5M.  But #5 and #28 for an all star big in his prime is not all that great of a return.  Not nothing, but I am sure that NOP would hope for a whole lot more.

I wonder what kind of trade you could do for Zion that would make trading him worthwhile for NOP.  Teams like NYK or LAL may prefer to wait and try to sign (or sign and trade) for him.  But to do a straight trade, what could they give up that would make this worth it for NOP?  Other teams would not give up much as they would be afraid they would lose him as a FA.

The Celtics could offer Brown as a starting point but would we take the chance on him just running off to LA or NYC when he could?
David Griffin is an experienced NBA executive.  He knows Zion is more than an all-star, more than all-NBA,  he is potentially a generational player, like Luka.  If the C's want him, they would have to offer Tatum, IMO, who is also potentially a generational player.