Poll

Kyrie or Simmons - Who would you rather have playing for your team?

Kyrie Irving with flat earth, days/games off, vaccine conspiracy theory and other drama
5 (27.8%)
Ben Simmons who's afraid to take open shots in critical playoff games
13 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Kyrie or Simmons  (Read 3522 times)

Re: Kyrie or Simmons
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2021, 09:37:42 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
I'll take crazy and good over broken and good.

Might be able to fix broken, though. Can’t fix crazy.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2021, 05:54:34 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Cryrie any day of the week. He actually is a decent player.

Then again it all depends what team you have. Cryrie is superfluous on our team as he proved when he played for us last time. At least we can use Simmons as a defender. So maybe I will change my mind and say Simmons for our team specifically.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2021, 07:34:56 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
For the Nets, Kyrie.  If he’s focused, he’s better than Simmons.  He seems to buy in in Brooklyn, at least for now.

For any other team, Simmons.  Kyrie is just too unstable mentally, and bringing him in is asking for chaos.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2021, 07:58:28 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I don't think there is any doubt that a focused Kyrie is a better player than Simmons, and that would certainly be the case for Philly.  Kyrie (a happy to be there version) would be the perfect player to play opposite Embiid.  It would be a clear upgrade for them.  For the Nets, Kyrie is still better but it doesn't make as much difference for them.  They would still be really good with either Kyrie or Simmons.  If you have to consider the probable case where Kyrie is not focused or doesn't want to be there (where ever there is), who knows.  Carsen Edwards may be better.

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2021, 08:04:11 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Whacko Headcase 1 or Whacko Headcase 2?  There isn't a door 3 option?  Whelp, if this the only choice, I'm taking Kyrie over Ben for sure.  At least, Kyrie plays and isn't afraid of a shot.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."