Author Topic: Celtics Second (Final) Two Way Player  (Read 5454 times)

Re: Celtics Second (Final) Two Way Player
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 12:27:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Garrison Mathews looks like he may get this. He is a good player IMO.

He seems like a very solid NBA deep bench player that can shoot. I'd be very happy with him on that second two-way contract. Much better than Waters or Fall even though I wish those guys the best. Having shooters all the way down the roster is a very good thing. I'm excited about that end of the roster camp battle.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 12:42:57 PM by liam »

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2021, 02:23:24 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Garrison Mathews is really growing me with the more film I watch. Do I need someone to tell me that he's not an NBA player and he has no chance of making the team?

;D

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2021, 11:16:25 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Garrison Mathews is really growing me with the more film I watch. Do I need someone to tell me that he's not an NBA player and he has no chance of making the team?

;D

If he makes the team, he’ll just be someone you forgot was on the roster when you look back on it 5 years later.  For instance, remember when we had Shavkik Randolph?

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2021, 12:55:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

;D

If he makes the team, he’ll just be someone you forgot was on the roster when you look back on it 5 years later.  For instance, remember when we had Shavkik Randolph?

Yes, sadly I do...

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2021, 05:03:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Garrison Mathews has got to be that second two way contact. He's already proven he can shoot and play in the NBA.

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2021, 05:30:17 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Garrison Mathews has got to be that second two way contact. He's already proven he can shoot and play in the NBA.

He seems like he would be a steal as a 2-way.  Problem is he may get a better offer.

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2021, 05:45:13 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

He seems like he would be a steal as a 2-way.  Problem is he may get a better offer.

Maybe but the rosters are packed right now and I thought he already signed with the Celtics on a nonguaranteed deal.