Author Topic: Summer League!  (Read 33610 times)

Re: Summer League!
« Reply #345 on: August 16, 2021, 12:07:56 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2972
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb 2m

Celtics are now officially locked into a spot in NBA Summer League championship game. They will face Kings or Pelicans on Tuesday night at 9 p.m. ET

Woo hoo ……let’s go !

« Reply #346 on: August 16, 2021, 12:18:30 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Brian Robb @BrianTRobb 2m

Celtics are now officially locked into a spot in NBA Summer League championship game. They will face Kings or Pelicans on Tuesday night at 9 p.m. ET

Woo hoo ……let’s go !

Looks like it’s the Kings.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #347 on: August 16, 2021, 12:52:03 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1007
Let's win the SL Championship, hang one up in the rafters!

And then...hang banner 18 in a couple more years  :P

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #348 on: August 16, 2021, 10:29:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #349 on: August 16, 2021, 11:13:33 AM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 489
#JKJB

« Reply #350 on: August 16, 2021, 12:38:08 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
https://ca.nba.com/news/2021-nba-summer-league-boston-celtics-and-sacramento-kings-to-face-off-in-championship-game-at-las-vegas/nwlr5zlrt9qg1pbzsi1o4wh9r

Payton will be back

I love that the organization is taking summer league so seriously. I mean, it means very little in the grand scheme of things, but developing a sense of pride and competition in these guys is fantastic. I hope they bring it home tomorrow night.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #351 on: August 16, 2021, 12:43:14 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1820
https://ca.nba.com/news/2021-nba-summer-league-boston-celtics-and-sacramento-kings-to-face-off-in-championship-game-at-las-vegas/nwlr5zlrt9qg1pbzsi1o4wh9r

Payton will be back

I love that the organization is taking summer league so seriously. I mean, it means very little in the grand scheme of things, but developing a sense of pride and competition in these guys is fantastic. I hope they bring it home tomorrow night.

Agree.  Looking forward to Payton having another solid game. 
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #352 on: August 16, 2021, 12:45:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I predict big games from Pritchard and Nesmith

Lets go

Has the Celts ever won one of these SL championships before?

« Reply #353 on: August 16, 2021, 12:54:15 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 988

Lets go

They’ve never won the Vegas one (at least since most/all of the teams participated).  I think i remember them winning Orlando or Utah at some point, but those don’t have all the teams and are generally three games.

« Reply #354 on: August 16, 2021, 01:33:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Lets go

They’ve never won the Vegas one (at least since most/all of the teams participated).  I think i remember them winning Orlando or Utah at some point, but those don’t have all the teams and are generally three games.

Ok. Well hopefully tomorrow will be an Orlando 1st

Key matchup - Mitchell vs Pritchard

« Reply #355 on: August 16, 2021, 01:43:26 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586

Payton will be back

Agreed, those are Celtics on the court and they are playing to win. I think the SL benchers gained so much playing with:

Pritchard
Nesmith
Edwards
Langford

These guys are NBA players. There was cohesion throughout and thus, they demolished every team they played.

Great exposure for these guys as "the veterans". They got to carry the team and get full credit for success instead of having to carry the water for those NBA all stars they have to play with in the regular season.

« Reply #356 on: August 16, 2021, 03:05:38 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Payton will be back

Me too. 

I have been particularly impressed with the summer league coaching staff, to get them to play, frankly, more cohesively than the senior circuit.  The brand of ball has been very entertaining, particularly in summer league context.  I had never heard Mazzulla before, and have become quite impressed with his coaching.

« Reply #357 on: August 16, 2021, 03:38:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3186
Listening to Issah Thomas calling Summer League games is sickening. How'd did so many fall for his BS.

« Reply #358 on: August 16, 2021, 03:50:40 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3186
Kispert looks really clunky every time I watch him.

« Reply #359 on: August 16, 2021, 04:13:46 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 988

Payton will be back

Me too. 

I have been particularly impressed with the summer league coaching staff, to get them to play, frankly, more cohesively than the senior circuit.  The brand of ball has been very entertaining, particularly in summer league context.  I had never heard Mazzulla before, and have become quite impressed with his coaching.

Yeah, there is a greater level of cohesion in 10 days of practices and games than we saw over 5+ months with the senior squad.  We used injury and illness as an explanation, but the summer C’s have had a different staring lineup every game.  It’s clearer by the day the team had tuned the coaches out and likely each other out as well.  Looking forward to the new staff getting these guys up to their best selves.