Author Topic: I hope we hold on to Nesmith!  (Read 3286 times)

Re: I hope we hold on to Nesmith!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2021, 02:43:37 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
If I had to include one of either Pritchard, or Nesmith, or Langford in a trade for an upgrade elsewhere on the roster, it's Pritchard. I am strangely high on both Nesmith and Romeo, but moreso in Aaron.

Nesmith's work ethic has been reported in several places as being as good as it can get. Keep fit....work on the game....eat right.....study....then do it again and again until you're better just seems engrained in his nature. That's good!!!!

As much as I love Pritchard I would agree on this: I send out Pritchard then Romeo and finally Nesmith. But no of them should be throw-ins.

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2021, 08:02:20 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
If I had to include one of either Pritchard, or Nesmith, or Langford in a trade for an upgrade elsewhere on the roster, it's Pritchard. I am strangely high on both Nesmith and Romeo, but moreso in Aaron.

Nesmith's work ethic has been reported in several places as being as good as it can get. Keep fit....work on the game....eat right.....study....then do it again and again until you're better just seems engrained in his nature. That's good!!!!

As much as I love Pritchard I would agree on this: I send out Pritchard then Romeo and finally Nesmith. But no of them should be throw-ins.

Facts.

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2021, 08:32:25 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I would prefer that they not trade Rob or Payton as part of a package unless it brings an all-star back.

I’d trade Pritchard in a heartbeat for something far below an All-Star. He’s going to be boxed out of playing time this year.
Huh?  As of this moment, Pritchard is our backup PG.

Is he?  In summer league they’re planning on going with Romeo at the 1 and Pritchard at the 2.

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2021, 08:55:34 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I would prefer that they not trade Rob or Payton as part of a package unless it brings an all-star back.

I’d trade Pritchard in a heartbeat for something far below an All-Star. He’s going to be boxed out of playing time this year.

Is he?  In summer league they’re planning on going with Romeo at the 1 and Pritchard at the 2.
You just made my point.  Did Romeo log any minutes at PG? SL is a time to try out guys at different positions.  Payton has proven he is a true PG.

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2021, 09:06:57 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

I would think Langford at point is still probably thought of as an experiment rather than a fixed strategy.

I also hope that Stevens doesn't repeat the Ainge flaw and fail to decide. If we keep everyone and sign Fournier, there are one too many players for our backcourt that really need to play. If the team obtains any other non-center this offseason, that gets worse. We should do something.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 09:17:43 AM by td450 »

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2021, 03:57:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I would think Langford at point is still probably thought of as an experiment rather than a fixed strategy.

I also hope that Stevens doesn't repeat the Ainge flaw and fail to decide. If we keep everyone and sign Fournier, there are one too many players for our backcourt that really need to play. If the team obtains any other non-center this offseason, that gets worse. We should do something.
Why are there one too many players in the backcourt. If Fournier and Smart start and play 30-31 minutes, that leaves 17-18 minutes apiece for Langford and Pritchard to play.

Brown plays the 3 with Nesmith behind him for 14-15 minutes a games. Tatum plays the 4. Whoever backs him up(Grant or Parker) gets 14-15 MPG. The you have Horford, Timelord and Thompson at center.

Edwards and Moses are the deep bench.

Where is that extra guard that won't have have the minutes they need to play? Realize also that due to missed player games, the actual minutes per game for each player will probably be higher. So I don't see where there is some minutes crunch for players that need it to develop, if we run it all back.

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2021, 10:20:12 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
What are these alleged trade rumors or proposals where Nesmith is a throw in?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip