Author Topic: Euro league FA workout  (Read 2726 times)

Euro league FA workout
« on: July 20, 2021, 06:12:26 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
https://www.google.com/amp/s/celticswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/19/nba-boston-celtics-hayes-auguste/amp/

Augustine makes sense as an end of the roster addition if a big (Thompson) is traded.

Hayes I really liked coming out of college. It looks like he has really improved his 3pt shot, positionally he is the big forward they need. At 16/17 combine he measurements 6’6.25” 245lbs with a 7’3” wingspan. If his 44% from 3 and 89% from FT line are legit (and they appear to be) he could be a great addition.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Euro league FA workout
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 06:24:35 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Would love Nigel Hayes. Loved him in college. Big, can play both forward spots, can pass and can now really shoot, has some strength. Turned himself into a legit 6'7" 250lbs shooter. Could be like Marvin Williams from 2014 onwards
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 07:44:11 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Also interesting Auguste is a Cambridge native
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 08:14:41 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
These are the type of players I’d like to use a 2-way contract on.

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 09:32:01 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
These are the type of players I’d like to use a 2-way contract on.

Hayes is probably more of a full roster player then a 2-way.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 05:42:39 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Would love Nigel Hayes. Loved him in college. Big, can play both forward spots, can pass and can now really shoot, has some strength. Turned himself into a legit 6'7" 250lbs shooter. Could be like Marvin Williams from 2014 onwards
Sounds fantastic. Any chance we can get him for the minimum?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 06:40:28 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I reckon we could, given he's been out of the NBA for a while. I would be super enthusiastic about him coming here.

This video shows off a lot of his offensive versatility. 3 pointers, high and low post, mid-range, off the dribble and fast breaks! Shows a bit of defence and passing, but not too much.

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 07:30:38 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
I reckon we could, given he's been out of the NBA for a while. I would be super enthusiastic about him coming here.

This video shows off a lot of his offensive versatility. 3 pointers, high and low post, mid-range, off the dribble and fast breaks! Shows a bit of defence and passing, but not too much.

Coming out of college I liked him as a big wing with defensive versatility. Looks like he could be a nice bench 3-D swing/small ball 5
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2021, 08:01:15 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

9 games for three teams in one season — it’s more like he was barely in the NBA.

I frankly don’t think Hayes has all that much to offer.  I’d honestly rather have Semi, and that’s not because I think Ojeleye is worth having.

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2021, 10:24:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

9 games for three teams in one season — it’s more like he was barely in the NBA.

I frankly don’t think Hayes has all that much to offer.  I’d honestly rather have Semi, and that’s not because I think Ojeleye is worth having.
Yeah, he was barely in the NBA. But he was both good in the G-League and the EuroLeague and EuroCup, has the physical skills to play the 4 in the NBA, and over his G-League and Euro career has shot 204/479 from 3.

I'd much prefer Hayes to Semi, given Hayes can actually pass and score from non-3 point areas. He's a worse defender, but I don't really mind that.

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2021, 10:30:49 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

Yeah, he was barely in the NBA. But he was both good in the G-League and the EuroLeague and EuroCup, has the physical skills to play the 4 in the NBA, and over his G-League and Euro career has shot 204/479 from 3.

I'd much prefer Hayes to Semi, given Hayes can actually pass and score from non-3 point areas. He's a worse defender, but I don't really mind that.

While he isn’t the 1v1 defender that Semi is I like Hayes positional versatility. He has a unique combination of length, strength and mobility.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2021, 11:23:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

While he isn’t the 1v1 defender that Semi is I like Hayes positional versatility. He has a unique combination of length, strength and mobility.
Agreed. 7'3 wingspan, 250lbs and fairly mobile. Good hands too. Just doesn't have the lateral quickness Semi does

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2021, 09:26:25 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Also interesting Auguste is a Cambridge native

Interesting but it should not factor into the decision of drafting him.   It is not like the Celtics need a local guy to sell tickets.

Coming out of college I liked him as a big wing with defensive versatility. Looks like he could be a nice bench 3-D swing/small ball 5

Hopefully, Small ball dies out folks, it was a fad look at the finals both teams had big centers with size.  We need to keep up with the league.   How many guys did Ainge pick trying to find the need Draymond Green for small ball like Gerschon and Grant that stinked it up.   It should be a tactic in your arsenal not the primary strategy to building a team.

Of these two I prefer Hayes, as he would take minutes from Grant,  but I really hope we go another direction.

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2021, 09:41:32 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

Agreed. 7'3 wingspan, 250lbs and fairly mobile. Good hands too. Just doesn't have the lateral quickness Semi does

Don't we already have this guy on our roster?  Jabari Parker.  7'0 wingspan.  Good hands but doesn't have great lateral quickness.

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2021, 03:18:59 PM »

Offline soulman

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 21
Have you guys heard about Kevin Pangos. This guys is maybe the best PG in Europe. Old school PG. I would sign him. Very good back up PG at least.