4 (2.7%)
Someone else but not Mark Jackson or Jason Kidd
35 (23.6%)
Kara Lawson
12 (8.1%)
Rondo
8 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Author Topic: Who's the New coach!  (Read 69289 times)

Re: Who's the New coach!
« Reply #510 on: June 22, 2021, 01:06:08 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I'm expecting Udoka or Ham at this point.

I don't know enough about Ham

but Udoka is a guy I like. 

The tough part is that he has been only an assistant.  Zero head coaching experience at any level

I would give Billups a leg up. Because he led the 2004 Pistons to a championship.   He was one of the key players for that team
Also a rapist

A rapist? If that is true would he still be in the NBA?

Why did Brad or Blazers setup a 2nd interview.... aren't they aware...

That he is guilty

Why is Kobe hailed as a legend?  Why is Mike Tyson an icon?  Why is Bill Clinton still revered?  Big Ben, Roman Polanski, Woody Allen.  Jeffrey Epstein.

Society is generally pretty complacent to rapists.

Roy I agree eee with your point here but why the heck is Epstein on this list? He is like a Wikipedia page picture  for
Scumbag

« Reply #511 on: June 22, 2021, 01:06:24 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

The tough part is that he has been only an assistant.  Zero head coaching experience at any level

I would give Billups a leg up. Because he led the 2004 Pistons to a championship.   He was one of the key players for that team
Also a rapist

I find the labeling thing so rough.  We don't know what exactly happened and we don't know level of remorse.  Just my imo...ouch on the labeling over and over though the years.
I'd never heard of the rape allegation before.  Unless Billups agreed to take a lie detector test and passed, there is no way I'd hire him.  As a reporter my question to Stevens and ownership would be: why did they chose to hire an accused rapist rather than the first woman head coach.   An accused rapist who paid the accuser in a civil suit.  My follow-up question would be if they talked to the accuser, nurse and detective.  Maybe Billups is innocent but the optics would be terrible.
Exactly, the optics are truly horrible. Media outlets would have a field day given how eager they are to put the boot in to Boston

Golden opportunity for the media to call the Celtics racist AND sexist. As much as I really like Billups, it's best to have him coach another team and have them take the brunt of the questions. Though I wouldn't mind him as a coach.

« Reply #512 on: June 22, 2021, 01:15:09 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Also a rapist

That he is guilty

Why is Kobe hailed as a legend?  Why is Mike Tyson an icon?  Why is Bill Clinton still revered?  Big Ben, Roman Polanski, Woody Allen.  Jeffrey Epstein.

Roy I agree eee with your point here but why the heck is Epstein on this list? He is like a Wikipedia page picture  for
Scumbag

Only now.  For years, he was treated like royalty by some of the most powerful men in the world.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #513 on: June 22, 2021, 02:39:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 11:10:28 AM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #514 on: June 22, 2021, 11:08:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
“I talked to somebody who’s been with him for an extended period of time earlier today; they described him as a guy with an edge, not a hardass, but a guy with an edge,” Goodman said of Udoka. “A defensive-minded, tough, adaptable, young, can really connect with the players.

“Obviously he’s not a big name, but I don’t think Brad Stevens feels like he has to go into this and get a big name.”

« Reply #515 on: June 22, 2021, 11:32:45 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

Also a rapist

That he is guilty

Scumbag

Only now.  For years, he was treated like royalty by some of the most powerful men in the world.

I think all of the aforementioned miscreants would have a good portion of Boston's faithful opposing their hiring as Head Coach (assuming they had coaching skill)  Each one was able to continue making a living and are even revered by some -- but each one also has large contingencies that are disgusted by them and are unforgiving.   

« Reply #516 on: June 22, 2021, 11:43:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Malika Andrews: Mike Budenholzer said that while the Bucks are focused on Game 7, he wants to support assistant coaches Darvin Ham and Charles Lee as they interview for head coaching jobs. “They’re incredible coaches…” When asked if Lee and Ham are ready to be head coaches, Bud says: “Yes.” 3 days ago – via Twitter malika_andrews

Ham was a tough player at Texas Tech, a tough player on several NBA teams and now as an assistant with the Bucks, is a tough coach although he has strong relationships with the players, stemming from being in player development. Ham has been in line for a while, being a finalist in Indiana recently while also entertaining going back to his alma mater. But he seems like a pro coach, with both the temperament and experience to handle today’s players without coddling them. 6 days ago – via Ben Rohrbach @ Yahoo! Sports

« Reply #517 on: June 22, 2021, 07:32:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Malika Andrews: Mike Budenholzer said that while the Bucks are focused on Game 7, he wants to support assistant coaches Darvin Ham and Charles Lee as they interview for head coaching jobs. “They’re incredible coaches…” When asked if Lee and Ham are ready to be head coaches, Bud says: “Yes.” 3 days ago – via Twitter malika_andrews

Ham was a tough player at Texas Tech, a tough player on several NBA teams and now as an assistant with the Bucks, is a tough coach although he has strong relationships with the players, stemming from being in player development. Ham has been in line for a while, being a finalist in Indiana recently while also entertaining going back to his alma mater. But he seems like a pro coach, with both the temperament and experience to handle today’s players without coddling them. 6 days ago – via Ben Rohrbach @ Yahoo! Sports
He's one of my guys. Would be thrilled with him.

Plus, how many coaches have shattered a backboard with a dunk like him?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #518 on: June 22, 2021, 10:10:18 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Brooklyn Nets assistant coach Ime Udoka is "believed to be at the top" of the Boston Celtics' list of candidates for their head-coaching vacancy, according to the New York Times' Marc Stein.

Udoka spent seven seasons in the NBA as a player. He subsequently moved into coaching, working as an assistant for the San Antonio Spurs and Philadelphia 76ers before moving on to Brooklyn.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported June 18 the Celtics were staging a second round of interviews with Udoka, Milwaukee Bucks assistant Darvin Ham and Los Angeles Clippers assistant Chauncey Billups.

"Udoka has received strong reviews from Celtics players who played for the U.S. national team in the 2019 World Cup tournament, sources said," per Wojnarowski.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #519 on: June 23, 2021, 02:20:42 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Ime Udoka has interviewed "multiple times with the Celtics" according to Jeff Goodman.

I take that to mean more than a couple of times which would seem to indicate a more thorough vetting.

« Reply #520 on: June 23, 2021, 02:53:24 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

« Reply #521 on: June 23, 2021, 12:13:55 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Ime Udoka has interviewed "multiple times with the Celtics" according to Jeff Goodman.

I take that to mean more than a couple of times which would seem to indicate a more thorough vetting.

Some people I've read say an announcement could be forthcoming very soon (maybe today) on Udoka.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #522 on: June 23, 2021, 12:17:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Some people I've read say an announcement could be forthcoming very soon (maybe today) on Udoka.

He's the guy who has experience with our players, and who has mentored on some really good staffs.  Plus he has a ring.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #523 on: June 23, 2021, 12:30:16 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

He's the guy who has experience with our players, and who has mentored on some really good staffs.  Plus he has a ring.
Won't make me any less furious with our front office's decision to not even consider one of the best head coaches in the game.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #524 on: June 23, 2021, 12:32:46 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Won't make me any less furious with our front office's decision to not even consider one of the best head coaches in the game.

Are we supposed to guess here?