Author Topic: Tatum and Covid!  (Read 3697 times)

Tatum and Covid!
« on: May 14, 2021, 02:01:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
This really sucks. I hope at some future point he'll be fully healthy.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/celtics-star-jayson-tatum-gives-update-his-breathing-post-covid

Re: Tatum and Covid!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 02:16:55 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Go figure. Apparently healthy people are threatened by Covid. Imagine if we followed those who thought this was merely a liberal hoax...

It's amazing how he can score 60 points without breathing well. This kid is a stud, and I can't wait to see what he can do when fully healthy.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 02:23:33 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
me that to this day, and the answer I give all the time is, I do feel better, so much better than, I guess, the first game I came back and played from having it," Tatum explained. "I can tell and notice that my breathing is much better than it was then, but I also tell people that -- it's hard to explain and hard to pinpoint -- but I don't necessarily feel or breathe the same that I did before I had COVID.

"There's a difference in how my breathing is before I had the virus to now. I know I still go out there and perform, but I do tell people that -- it's hard to explain -- but I just feel different. I just breathe a little different now than before I had the virus."

"It was frightening at first. It also was frustrating, trying to come back and play and just feeling restricted," Tatum said. "It's hard to play when you're out of breath or short winded. It was hard to play at an extremely high level like I know I can. I think that was the toughest part, just trying to figure out how long is this going to last. Am I ever going to feel back to 100 percent?

"Those were the thoughts that were going through my mind as I was playing and getting ready for games. I was always thinking about it when I was getting ready to play."

He's recovering. Some are faster, some take longer.
the notion that we could stop a virus from spreading is absured.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 02:40:29 PM »

Offline SDceltGuy

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
Apparently healthy people are threatened by Covid. Imagine if we followed those who thought this was merely a liberal hoax...
Not really and I dont feel threatened at all even though Im older than Tatum.   
20 year old males have a 0.004% mortality rate from Covid. 
Of the 550,000 deaths* in US only 0.3% are under 30 years old. 
Hoax isnt the right word, unscientific, panic driven over-reaction is more applicable. 

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 03:08:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
it really can't be overstated the extent to which this Celtics season was derailed, undermined, and just plain ruined by COVID
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 04:31:42 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
it’s amazing how it attacks various humans in cruel different ways .

I ve seen a few articles where 95- 100 year olds beat it and recently a family pulled the plug on a 26 year hospitalized for 6 months . 18 year old teen girl died , no prior issues .

Basically ,  it s not something you want to test out on your body ....no matter the age.

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 06:21:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
it’s amazing how it attacks various humans in cruel different ways .

I ve seen a few articles where 95- 100 year olds beat it and recently a family pulled the plug on a 26 year hospitalized for 6 months . 18 year old teen girl died , no prior issues .

Basically ,  it s not something you want to test out on your body ....no matter the age.

Fournier was saying how he felt like he's playing with a concussion. These are top-flight athletes and are having some serious side effects. Covid really kicked our team in the teeth.

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 06:38:28 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Go figure. Apparently healthy people are threatened by Covid. Imagine if we followed those who thought this was merely a liberal hoax...

It's amazing how he can score 60 points without breathing well. This kid is a stud, and I can't wait to see what he can do when fully healthy.

On the other hand he scored 60 points in an nba game while having long COVID symptoms, which also tells you something about long COVID symptoms.

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2021, 07:10:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Apparently healthy people are threatened by Covid. Imagine if we followed those who thought this was merely a liberal hoax...
Hoax isnt the right word, unscientific, panic driven over-reaction is more applicable.
The whole point of this is discussing what can happen besides death. Way to impressively miss the entire point
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2021, 07:59:02 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The whole point of this is discussing what can happen besides death. Way to impressively miss the entire point

Yeah, Tatum and Fournier are both saying they are still having covid effects. It's not something I made up! Wow....

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2021, 08:00:46 PM »

Kiorrik

584000 dead people.

"over-reaction".

Any way, yeah, it's scary as hell to hear he's been struggling this much. I'm young enough, but hard pass.

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2021, 08:21:34 PM »

Offline SDceltGuy

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49

584000 dead people.

"over-reaction".

Any way, yeah, it's scary as hell to hear he's been struggling this much. I'm young enough, but hard pass.

Over reaction is the perfect word concerning young healthy people.
For perspective, nba players they are about 10x more likely to be killed in a car accident.  Yeah their may be other effects, but death is statistically almost zero. 

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2021, 08:24:19 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
He's a one-man army, and I'm glad he's still out there giving his 100%.

That doesn't mean the rest of the team is excused from their poor performance. Including Brad Stevens.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2021, 08:52:56 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Can’t wait to see how JT, Fournier, and to an extent Romeo, get over these lingering covid effects and play to their normal selves. This should be a very interesting off season.

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2021, 08:54:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

584000 dead people.

"over-reaction".

Over reaction is the perfect word concerning young healthy people.
For perspective, nba players they are about 10x more likely to be killed in a car accident.  Yeah their may be other effects, but death is statistically almost zero.
Which again, is not the point. Stop trying to derail a thread about Tatum's COVID symptoms with this nonsense minimising of the dangers it poses.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)