Poll

Would u make this trade?

Yes
5 (31.3%)
No
11 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Poll: Boston/Portland trade..Yes or No  (Read 1653 times)

Poll: Boston/Portland trade..Yes or No
« on: May 06, 2021, 08:39:23 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
I know this would never happen but would u do this trade if u are Boston

Boston get:
Damian Lillard
Jusuf Nurkic
Robert Covington

Portland get:
Kemba Walker
Jaylen Brown
Robert Williams
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Poll: Boston/Portland trade..Yes or No
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 09:49:12 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I might try to avoid Nurkic in a Lillard trade due to the injury history and Brad not running a drop set, but the premise is there.

Damian Lillard + X for Kemba + Brown is the best trade that Portland could expect if they want to re-tool rather than reload.

Kemba Walker is a step down from Lillard but Brown immediately becomes their undisputed best wing filling a spot that they have lacked for going on 5 years now. Brown would be a great fit for Portland culture wise with his interest in activism, is on a great contract, and seems to be ready to step into a larger role. Robert Williams is also hardly a throw in here. His rim protection would likely take another step forward in Portland's system.

From Boston's perspective, as much as it hurts to lose Brown, Lillard might be the best player DA could reasonably expect to attain. Lillard - Tatum is a championship caliber duo and this trade would open still leave us with some high upside players to put around them. Maybe 1 or both of Nesmith and Langford can take the next step. A re-signed Fournier is a perfect compliment. Jabari Parker might be able to contribute more next year and would be looking at a lot more opportunity with Brown leaving. Also think that Covington has moved around so much because his skillset useful on most teams rather than there being anything inherently wrong with him.

Not saying we need this trade but right now this is probably my favorite potential trade out there.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 12:56:30 PM by Smartacus »

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 09:53:11 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
I'm voting no not because I don't like Lillard, but I like Lillard in Portland and want to see him finish his career there.  Not every star needs to be part of trade ideas, and Lillard is one of those dudes for me.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 09:57:15 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I like Lillard but hate his contract, having to pay him $50.75 million at 33 years of age and $54 million at 34. For that reason, I would only give up Kemba and Smart and first rounders for Lillard. Anything else is a massive overpay, IMHO.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 10:08:05 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I like Lillard but hate his contract, having to pay him $50.75 million at 33 years of age and $54 million at 34. For that reason, I would only give up Kemba and Smart and first rounders for Lillard. Anything else is a massive overpay, IMHO.
agreed.   

Lillard is a definite upgrade over Kemba but that contract is a killer.  his age is definitely a concern in relation to Tatum's prime.  The original deal is too pricey for my liking and the revised deal is something that would make no sense for Portland unless they want to cut salary.  They still have CJ so if he starts with Kemba and Smart, that's a small lineup for them. 

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 10:22:03 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No.  The cost is too high, and the window doesn’t fit.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 10:56:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The C's post trade would absolutely be better than they are and much closer to a title, but right now I don't think they are better than Milwaukee, Brooklyn, or either LA and may not be better than Philly.  So the questions are, (1) is when is Tatum going to take another big leap such that he ends up as a top 10ish player and (2) how long can Lillard stay at that level?  I'm not sure the answer to either of those questions gives Boston a big enough or long enough window to make that trade. 

So Roster post trade - Lillard, Smart, Tatum, Covington, Nurkic, Pritchard, Fournier, Langford, Nesmith, Ojeleye, Parker, G. Williams, Thompson, Kornet

That team is better than what we have, so I'd certainly think about it especially since Lillard is by a decent margin the best player in that trade.  Covington and Nurkic are also solid contributing role players. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 01:54:12 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Lillard is too old. 31yo in two months. Not worth giving up Jaylen for a player that old. Not sure how well he will age as a small bodied player (PG) that needs his quickness to be a top-end player.

Lot of risk involved there. Not a sure enough thing to justify giving up a stud like Jaylen for.