Author Topic: Evan Turner  (Read 2022 times)

Evan Turner
« on: April 18, 2021, 10:04:15 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
 I used to love watching Evan Turner and his interviews the guy he was almost as funny ,as his intercepted cross court passes.  I levitated on those brain dead mistakes.He was at times infuriating but all in all Brad and the Celtics put him back on the map.I remember a red Ferrari with a hot babe in it with Evan outa gas on a major highway..He was quirky and hilarious but he was lottery pick reclamation project that played his way to a big payday.
Then there was the making of All Star IT and his miraculous climb to" in the running for MVP". Jerebko and Theis e became fan favorites
Brad will pick his matchups and tell him to play hard and play to your strengths.
.Highlights in Atlanta saw some strong dunks I expected much less having those two ACL tears.
Anybody know about recoveries from those kind of injuries.He certainly looked quick on his spin move hope he can apply that to defense.
I had high hopes for him in his rookie season till he got hurt.
If anybody can plan around his weaknesses and pay to his strengths its Brad and his coaching staff.And he is only 26.
Great move Danny..-a win win.
.And another Duke lottery pick for Jayson.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 08:15:25 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Evan Turner
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 10:09:13 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
All parker needs to do is be an OK defender and be able to give you what he did last night 10-14points and a few rebounds.

he's never going to be what he was projected to be when he was drafted. But maybe he can become a solid bench guy

you need these types of players to compete in the NBA. there will always be a playoff game where your stars struggle and a bench player goes off for 20 or 30ppg and wins a game for you.

I'm glad Danny finally realized that the bench cant be all young guys who cant score and you need guys like Fournier/Parker

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 12:25:15 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Parker is an intriguing addition because this team gets into trouble when they go on long scoring droughts.

Having another guy who can come off the bench and get you a quick bucket or two goes a long way in shifting the momentum of a game.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 01:14:21 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
When Jabari Parker was younger and highly hyped, he was compared to Carmelo Anthony.  That obviously never happened for him.  But if at age 26, he can play like Melo is at age 36, he’ll be a meaningful boost to this team.  I’m confident (hopeful) Stevens can bring out the best of him. 

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 09:35:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Parker is an intriguing addition because this team gets into trouble when they go on long scoring droughts.

Having another guy who can come off the bench and get you a quick bucket or two goes a long way in shifting the momentum of a game.
The difference in offensive capabilities between Jabari Parker and Semi Ojeleye is frightening
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 02:11:43 AM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91

Having a guy that can score inside when no one is hitting from outside is important to reduce scoring droughts. It might even improve the outside shooting when they see there’s not actually a lid on the hoop and the ball can go in. Or relieve some of that “I gotta make this shot” tension that caused all the missing to begin with when someone else can score.