Author Topic: Which team's bench would you want?  (Read 3690 times)

Which team's bench would you want?
« on: April 16, 2021, 03:25:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Assume our starters are:

Timelord
Tatum
Brown
Smart
Kemba

If you could trade the entirety of our bench for the entirety of any other team's, who would you choose?

Rules:

1.  No screwing with our starting lineup to get rid of Kemba, or keeping Fournier, etc.
2.  A bench player is a guy who has started at least 50% of his team's games on the bench, absent a compelling reason. 
3.  You can't do a partial swap.  It's all or nothing.

Is there any swap that would make us contenders this year?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Which team's bench would you want?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 03:39:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It's the Lakers for me. I am not 100% sure they could win it all, but I think it would majorly change their chances

Harrell
Kuzma
Morris
Caruso
Horton-Tucker

I think that's a giant step forward.

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 03:41:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If someone proposed Denver's bench or maybe Utah's, I could see that.

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 03:47:47 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1674
Without thinking too deeply about this, I think the Clippers' bench has a lot of good pieces.  Reggie Jackson is having a decent year and hitting his threes.  Terance Mann is a solid young player who is starting to earn a larger role with them.  Luke Kennard can shoot.  Nic Batum is a swiss army knife who can create for others a bit.  Ivica Zubac would complement R Williams very well.  They also have Rondo. 

I haven't really done my homework on this, but I think that is a lot of useful pieces.  Would we be contenders?  IMO no.  I think we're still a year or two away from Tatum and Brown taking us there.  But we'd be better, I think.

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 03:52:19 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Couldn't find a games started stat. If Keldon Johnson qualifies, I'd go with San Antonio

Keldon Johnson
Patty Mills
Rudy Gay
Gorgui Dieng/Jakob Poeltl
Devin Vassel
Lonny Walker

Atlanta has a talented bench too.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 03:58:20 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The Clippers might fit the best for us, although I worry about them playing under Stevens.

Zubac / Boogie
Morris / Patterson
Kennard
Jackson
Rondo

That's a lot of versatility and it seemingly complements our starters.  Of course, that's the case in IRL Clipperland, too, and they've struggled.  Obviously, they're still a good team, but they're not the leading contenders people assumed that they'd be.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 03:58:26 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
It's the Lakers for me. I am not 100% sure they could win it all, but I think it would majorly change their chances

Harrell
Kuzma
Morris
Caruso
Horton-Tucker

That's tough to beat. Anybody have anything better?

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 04:15:04 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

Harrell
Kuzma
Morris
Caruso
Horton-Tucker

Indiana
TJ Mconnell
A. Holiday
D McDermott
J. Lamb
TJ Warren

Clippers
R. Rondo
R Jackson
L. Kenard
I. Zubac
D. Cousins
N. Batum
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 04:15:58 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Anyone but ours....

I like the Bucks, Clippers and Jazz but our bench is literally a bunch of G league level talent and this hurt us immensely earlier in the year.

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 04:16:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Harrell
Kuzma
Morris
Caruso
Horton-Tucker

Indiana
TJ Mconnell
A. Holiday
D McDermott
J. Lamb
TJ Warren

Clippers
R. Rondo
R Jackson
L. Kenard
I. Zubac
D. Cousins
N. Batum

Batum is a starter, I think.  38 out of 54 games, at least.

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 04:17:18 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I'd love to see our actual bench at full strength.  We do have two starter quality players on it in Fournier and Thompson.  We've unfortunately had zero games with our top 7 players healthy.  It's not better than the Lakers, because when healthy that bench includes Gasol now that Drummond is in town, but I think #6-9 in our healthy rotation is underrated because so often that rotation has actually consisted of players in the #10-13 range on our roster, and we saw last night how significant that difference can be.

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2021, 04:23:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'd love to see our actual bench at full strength.  We do have two starter quality players on it in Fournier and Thompson.  We've unfortunately had zero games with our top 7 players healthy.  It's not better than the Lakers, because when healthy that bench includes Gasol now that Drummond is in town, but I think #6-9 in our healthy rotation is underrated because so often that rotation has actually consisted of players in the #10-13 range on our roster, and we saw last night how significant that difference can be.

2 Starters and the rest G leaguers is not good enough. 

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 04:28:50 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

I think it's enough in an 8 man rotation, which is all that really matters in the playoffs. Fournier-Thompson-Pritchard is pretty solid.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2021, 07:07:50 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Harrell
Kuzma
Morris
Caruso
Horton-Tucker

Indiana
TJ Mconnell
A. Holiday
D McDermott
J. Lamb
TJ Warren

Clippers
R. Rondo
R Jackson
L. Kenard
I. Zubac
D. Cousins
N. Batum

Batum is a starter, I think.  38 out of 54 games, at least.

According to ESPN’s depth chart, Morris is now starting. But if you want to remove Batum from the above list and add in Morris, that’s  even better, Lol.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 07:15:15 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

I think it's enough in an 8 man rotation, which is all that really matters in the playoffs. Fournier-Thompson-Pritchard is pretty solid.

Until one of those guys misses a game/series due to Covid Protocol or injury  and then the C’s have no quality Bench players. Too soon to judge a Romeo, but Semi, Grant, Kornet, Wagner, Nesmith are 3rd string bench players. Edwards, Tacko, and Waters don’t belong on an NBA roster.  That’s most of the roster. Not good...