Author Topic: Say We Get Pick 10-14: Any Way to Move Up to 2?  (Read 3918 times)

Re: Say We Get Pick 10-14: Any Way to Move Up to 2?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2021, 06:41:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Moving up would cost Tatum or Brown, nothing else we have would get us that high or what we want.  So no way.

We are also trending the other way away from the top ten with two game winning streak.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 06:52:59 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2021, 09:22:47 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Moving up to 2 is a pipe dream, but is it possible to move up just enough to get Jalen Johnson?

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2021, 10:45:57 AM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Moving up to 2 is a pipe dream, but is it possible to move up just enough to get Jalen Johnson?

After a draft hangover from the last years never ending draft season I am finally starting to dive into this draft class. I would say nothing short of a Js trade gets the Cs into the top 5 of this draft.

I do wonder if a deal could be made to move up high enough to target Scottie Barnes?

Depending on how the rest of this season and the playoffs go DA may feel the need to really shake things up around Tatum and Brown. While its more likely that DA targets more veteran roster additions I could also see a situation where Smarts pending free agency puts him on the trading block. Does a team looking for an infusion of "winning culture" and intensity in the 6-9 range show a willingness to do a Smart +Cs pick for Lottery pick deal? I would hate to see Smart leave but a Barnes is a player who might make me willing to take that leap.

Barnes isnt a perfect prospect and needs to improve as a shooter. However his defense (especially perimeter) and play making at 6'9 with a 7'3 wingspan makes him a theoretical perfect fit next to the Js. With time and development its not a stretch to project Barnes as a D Green like 4/small ball 5 who can create easy shots for Brown and Tatum.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2021, 11:14:15 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

After a draft hangover from the last years never ending draft season I am finally starting to dive into this draft class. I would say nothing short of a Js trade gets the Cs into the top 5 of this draft.

I do wonder if a deal could be made to move up high enough to target Scottie Barnes?

Depending on how the rest of this season and the playoffs go DA may feel the need to really shake things up around Tatum and Brown. While its more likely that DA targets more veteran roster additions I could also see a situation where Smarts pending free agency puts him on the trading block. Does a team looking for an infusion of "winning culture" and intensity in the 6-9 range show a willingness to do a Smart +Cs pick for Lottery pick deal? I would hate to see Smart leave but a Barnes is a player who might make me willing to take that leap.

Barnes isnt a perfect prospect and needs to improve as a shooter. However his defense (especially perimeter) and play making at 6'9 with a 7'3 wingspan makes him a theoretical perfect fit next to the Js. With time and development its not a stretch to project Barnes as a D Green like 4/small ball 5 who can create easy shots for Brown and Tatum.
I think you're on target with this. 

this season is showing the C's need to beef up and get taller/more athletic at PF than Semi and GWill.  I would hope that Danny makes an effort to address that with a vet signing in the offseason.  I also could see Smart's upcoming contract being an incentive to move him to address gaps in the roster such as the aforementioned PF spot or PG spot if Kemba is also moved this offseason.  I think a big part of that decision will hinge on Romeo's performance the rest of the season.  A 5-man swing group of Tatum, Brown, Fournier, Romeo and Nesmith will be a helluva a group for other teams to contend with next season after a real training camp where Fournier, Romeo and Nesmith really get integrated into the team's plays.

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2021, 01:46:38 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

There are a bunch of imperfect but enticing players for me. Scottie Barnes and Jalen Johnson are two of them who seem just out of reach, but maybe there's a deal that could be made there.

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2021, 02:00:13 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
We fool ourselves every year and it never happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8E7_u2qgjE

Sorry, I don't know how to embed a video.

Mike
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 03:44:20 PM by mef730 »

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2021, 02:57:23 PM »

Online CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
We fool ourselves every year and it never happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8E7_u2qgjE

Sorry, I don't know how to imbed a video.

Mike

Truth is we will debate trades right up till minutes before the Cs pick but at the end of it all the Cs will stay with their late teen pick. This draft fill have a nice mix of DA type picks in the 15-20 range.

I am just looking at the class but

High ranked highschool recruits who under achieved

Zaire Williams
BJ Boston
Terrance Clark
Greg Brown

OR

Combo guards

Davion Mitchell (C Ford has him in lottery now)
Jared Butler
Ayo Dosunmu
Miles McBride
Joel Ayayi

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet