Author Topic: CelticsBlog 17years Old  (Read 18006 times)

CelticsBlog 17years Old
« on: March 30, 2021, 08:10:28 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I saw on Twitter that CB is 17 years old today and and got me thinking about, how long have I been involved with then CB now CS. 

I checked it out, I registered in January 2007, so just over 14 years with the same username.  I stayed with CS for a variety of personal reasons and I know I don't post as much as many do here, but I'm generally on it daily and reading up on the thoughts and ideas that this forum has to offer.

Thanks to everyone who participates and thanks to the moderators for keeping an eye on things (yep, had my hand slapped once or twice)  .

Kudos for keeping this alive!!!

Go C's!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: CelticsBlog 17years Old
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 08:22:00 AM »

Online chicagoceltic

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 210
I saw on Twitter that CB is 17 years old today and and got me thinking about, how long have I been involved with then CB now CS. 

I checked it out, I registered in January 2007, so just over 14 years with the same username.  I stayed with CS for a variety of personal reasons and I know I don't post as much as many do here, but I'm generally on it daily and reading up on the thoughts and ideas that this forum has to offer.

Thanks to everyone who participates and thanks to the moderators for keeping an eye on things (yep, had my hand slapped once or twice)  .

Kudos for keeping this alive!!!

Go C's!
August 2007 for me so going on 14 years. Like you, I am generally here daily and do a heck of a lot more reading than posting. I am grateful to those who led the change to CS in order to save the forums.
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 08:24:29 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If you are talking about the forums, you have probably been here longer than that. This iteration of the forums came at the very end of 2006 and some of us (myself included) just took a few days to re-register. I remember at least 2 iterations of the forums before, where we had all of our posts / tommy points wiped clean and we started back at zero. I remember being pretty bummed about that at the time.

As for CB (and the forums), I think I originally joined in 2005. Before that I posted a lot on Celtics Green and they even asked me to be a moderator. I haven't posted there for years, but do make sure to check out FLC's 'comments from the other side' after every game.

Glad/thankful that byennie and company were able to keep this site going, but multiple religious ads with every click are enough to make me blow my top.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 01:02:57 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 08:25:15 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’ve been in the forums since February 2005.  The trade for Antoine brought me here.  Lots of changes over the years, but hat tip to Jeff Clark for starting it all.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 08:39:47 AM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1805
I joined CelticsBlog Jan. 2, 2007.  Like many others, I post infrequently, but I'm always eager to read what others have to say. 
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 08:45:00 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
June 1, 2007.

I needed a place to turn to after I had just blown money for the first time on season tickets for a team that looked like it was going nowhere after a disasterous draft lottery.... 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 09:02:27 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
June 1, 2007.

I needed a place to turn to after I had just blown money for the first time on season tickets for a team that looked like it was going nowhere after a disasterous draft lottery....

Do you still have season tickets?  If not, can you do that again sometime?

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 09:39:09 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Joined May 2007. The time certainly does fly...Thanks to everyone that keep the site going. Appreciate it!
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 09:40:14 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Ahhh the good ol' days!  The old CB Forums got me through some slow winters with lots of time on my hands.  I think I came on on board right after we had traded for Antoine and I was trying to find an update to see if we were going to be able to get Garry Payton back from the Hawks in a buyout (I was convinced we would be close to unstoppable with Payton and Toine in the fold).
Yup

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 09:52:45 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
If you are talking about the forums, you have probably been here longer than that. This iteration of the forums came at the very end of 2006 and some of us (myself included) just took a few days to re-register. I remember at least 2 iterations of the forums before where we had all of our posts / tommy points wiped clean and we started back at zero. I remember being pretty bummed about that at the time.

As for CB (and the forums), I think I originally joined in 2005. Before that I posted a lot on Celtics Green and they even asked me to be a moderator. I haven't posted there for years, but do make sure to check out FLC's 'comments from the other side' after every game.

Glad/thankful that byennie and company were able to keep this site going, but multiple religious ads with every click are enough to make me blow my top.

Definitely don't buy those religious statues. I ordered four Jesuses and two Mary's, but only received three Jesuses and one Mary. I called CS and they told me to pray on it. Terrible!

:angel:

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 10:29:12 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
That’s 17 years I’m not going to get back

On the bright side it kept me from falling down other, more destructive, internet rabbit holes.

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2021, 10:40:10 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If you are talking about the forums, you have probably been here longer than that. This iteration of the forums came at the very end of 2006 and some of us (myself included) just took a few days to re-register. I remember at least 2 iterations of the forums before where we had all of our posts / tommy points wiped clean and we started back at zero. I remember being pretty bummed about that at the time.

Definitely don't buy those religious statues. I ordered four Jesuses and two Mary's, but only received three Jesuses and one Mary. I called CS and they told me to pray on it. Terrible!

:angel:

Haha - I love it. I partook in the journey from sexual sin, so I guess that means I am now a sinner and not a saint. I definitely don't trust that Monk's bread, though - what is the secret ingredient?

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2021, 12:16:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Joined June 2007, before the big draft pick that turned into the Ray Allen trade, but was lurking a good year before registering.

Still post at CB, as well as here.

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2021, 12:26:32 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Confession: I originally joined in 2007 under a different name. But forgot the username and password when I graduated from college and started using a different computer.

So I've been using this account since 2014. I am thankful for the longform Celtics discussion that's offered here. As well as the cathartic/hilarious Game Threads.

Here's to 17 more.

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2021, 12:30:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Confession: I originally joined in 2007 under a different name. But forgot the username and password when I graduated from college and started using a different computer.

So I've been using this account since 2014. I am thankful for the longform Celtics discussion that's offered here. As well as the cathartic/hilarious Game Threads.

Here's to 17 more.
17 more titles, right? 😄