Author Topic: Pelicans (20-25) at Celtics (23-23) Game #47 3/29/21  (Read 35257 times)

Re: Pelicans (20-25) at Celtics (23-23) Game #47 3/29/21
« Reply #690 on: March 30, 2021, 12:52:41 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Don’t blame refs.. team is just not that good

Team not that good.

Refs aren't good either.

« Reply #691 on: March 30, 2021, 01:55:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Don’t blame refs.. team is just not that good

Team not that good.

Refs aren't good either.
TP. These particular refs had maybe one of their worst nights of the season. The calls were inconsistent, appeared to be "star rules" driven and were at other times just head scratchingly inept and bad.

Not blaming the loss on the refs, but in a better officiated game, who knows who wins.

« Reply #692 on: March 30, 2021, 04:00:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
When your three guards shoot 14 -43. EF, Kemba and Smart shoot 14-43.
Unfair throwing Kemba in there. 8-18 isn't bad, though his three pointer wasn't falling. 6-25 from Smart and Fournier is terrible. No need to embellish. 😉😁

It was more like 8-17. I don't know how it happens, but Kemba always gets the ball with just a couple seconds left on the clock before half-time. And, unlike so many players in this league, he always chucks it up from beyond half-court. It drives me crazy that he keeps doing this because he already doesn't have the best percentages, but it's also one of the things I like most about him.

By that measure, Fournier should be 0-9 then too, as I believe he back-rimmed from half-court to end the 1st quarter.

Yep, totally. I fully believe they should institute a new rule where if a last second shot is 30+ away and misses, then it shouldn't count as a shot. They could just have it be like an errant pass; and since the clock expires on the shot, there would be no turnover either. It would lead to a lot more legitimate last second heaves. Not that many of these go in; but you have guys like Tatum, who always half-heartedly dribbles before shooting just after the buzzer. And guys like Kemba (and previously, Smart) who always throw up a hopeless heave and hurt their percentages.

For what it’s worth, “heaves” are tracked at basketball reference, so you can subtract them out if you want.  I think I remember a couple of years ago someone who had a 3-point percentage clause excluded heaves from the calculation.

That's actually pretty interesting info. TP and thanks for that. Maybe one day I'll get my wish after all.