Author Topic: Welcome Luke Kornet, If You're Still Here....  (Read 19465 times)

Re: welcome Luke Kornet, If your still here....
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2021, 03:19:47 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Last night's post game with Stevens.."Coach what did you think of Kornet's play tonight?"

Stevens "We have always liked Kornet because of his excellent pick and roll defense..."

So, he didn't arrive here by mistake, he had been a potential target I assume because Theis wasn't going to get re signed next year.

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2021, 03:51:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Assume next two games

Kornet should get mins to battle Adams and Boban

Some mins for Tacko also

Finally some legit size to deal with type of bigs

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2021, 04:02:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Assume next two games

Kornet should get mins to battle Adams and Boban

Some mins for Tacko also

Finally some legit size to deal with type of bigs

I really want to see Boban vs Tacko. I've wanted it for soooooo long.

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2021, 04:48:17 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Last night's post game with Stevens.."Coach what did you think of Kornet's play tonight?"

Stevens "We have always liked Kornet because of his excellent pick and roll defense..."

So, he didn't arrive here by mistake, he had been a potential target I assume because Theis wasn't going to get re signed next year.

I can see a guy like Kornet thriving in Brad's system. Stretch 5 who can pass, dribble, etc.  Great length (standing 9'6" reach I read somewhere).

His statistics have not been impressive, but I think that could be from low usage. HE has great shooting form, has good free throw percentage.   Let's see what we got here.  Just looking for a back up 5 who can stretch and pass. If he can handle pick roll defensively that would be huge bonus. He is quicker on his feet than I expected to see. 

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2021, 05:02:18 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

I can see a guy like Kornet thriving in Brad's system. Stretch 5 who can pass, dribble, etc.  Great length (standing 9'6" reach I read somewhere).

His statistics have not been impressive, but I think that could be from low usage. HE has great shooting form, has good free throw percentage.   Let's see what we got here.  Just looking for a back up 5 who can stretch and pass. If he can handle pick roll defensively that would be huge bonus. He is quicker on his feet than I expected to see.

I don’t think his shooting numbers are just from low usage.  He was 31% on 4 attempts per game his junior and senior years combined at Vandy (from the college line).  That’s right in line with his numbers from the pros — he doesn’t seem like the guy who’s going to shoot high 30s or low 40s.

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2021, 05:12:46 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Played half the time Grant did and had a better stat line for minutes played.

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2021, 05:13:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
You realise OKC had thrown in the towel
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2021, 05:31:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I don’t think his shooting numbers are just from low usage.  He was 31% on 4 attempts per game his junior and senior years combined at Vandy (from the college line).  That’s right in line with his numbers from the pros — he doesn’t seem like the guy who’s going to shoot high 30s or low 40s.

He averaged 35% on 4 attempts his 1st year with the Knicks and 36% on 4 his second season. When he went to Chicago his numbers just fell.

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2021, 07:08:49 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

You do realize Grant's production is underwhelming game after game.

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2021, 07:10:29 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

To be fair OKC threw in the towel when they realized Green Kornet was in full-swing. That second three just wrecked them.

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2021, 07:20:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

To be fair OKC threw in the towel when they realized Green Kornet was in full-swing. That second three just wrecked them.

Him keeping Brown off the glass was even bigger than the two threes. Also that was a terrible call that they even reviewegand still called on that great Kornet block. Kornet really changed the energy of that game. I don't those young OKC guys ever gave up.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 09:25:34 PM by liam »

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2021, 07:29:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He keeping Brown off the glass was even bigger than the two threes. Also that was a terrible call that they even reviewegand still called on that great Kornet block. Kornet really changed the energy of that game. I don't those young OKC guys ever gave up.

Yeah, OKC had been defending their lead the entire game.  Then, Kornet knocked down some shots and we immediately went on a huge run.  We broke their spirit, yes, but that’s because we hit big shots, stopped turning it over, and got stops.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2021, 09:13:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

You do realize Grant's production is underwhelming game after game.
Like when he played well against Milwaukee? Or when he scored 10 against Memphis? Grant grabbed 7 rebounds, made some good passes and stole the ball a couple of times. It's hardly like he played badly. You just like to trot this out when he doesn't score much, which is not even his role.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2021, 03:00:49 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Luke Kornet looks like he has a real shot to be a rotation BIG for the Celtics.

Now the Celtics can throw in guys like Kornet 7'2, Rob Williams 6'9, and even Taco Fall 7'5.

I think Theis was honestly closer to 6'7 than 6'9.  Whenever he was on the court with Tatum he looked the shorter of the two.

I know it's early days but Kornet has a chance to carve out a niche for himself.  That pick and roll defense he showed was pretty impressive.

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2021, 03:52:48 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Yes, we mustn't overreact. It's only one game after all. It's fun to see people excited about someone rather than wanting everyone to be traded. It was great to see the Green Kornet come in and turn the game after everyone was saying he would be waived. (Shows how much we know.) He could still be waived...it was interesting that when Forsberg interviewed Kornet after the OKC game and asked if Brad had told him what his role would be on the team he kind of dodged the question. But Brad had some kind words for him so maybe he gets given an opportunity, he's certainly got a skillset that the other bigs don't, which is his ability to shoot from the perimeter. And Danny has always overrated the buyout market, he's on record saying fans always rate buyout targets on their performances 3 years ago rather than the ones that landed them in the buyout market in the first place. So I'm guessing the Green Kornet makes his hive in Boston for now.

But let's see how he does with a larger sample size before calling him the best thing since sliced bread and more importantly, to be fair, let's not pile on him the first time he has a bad game :angel:

« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 04:00:42 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D