Author Topic: (Update) Celtics NOT favorites to land Aaron Gordon  (Read 33744 times)

Re: The athletic: Celtics favorites to land Aaron Gordon?
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2021, 11:46:31 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd be fine with Gordon for two 1st's though. 

I would be fine with this too if ... A.Gordon were not an unrestricted free agent this summer.

This is too high a price for the risk involved of Gordon leaving the team this summer minus two first round picks without anything to show for it.

We are all skipping over this point.

He’s not a free agent this summer. He has one more year on his contract.

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/orlando_magic/

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2021, 11:47:03 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I'd be fine with Gordon for two 1st's though. 

I would be fine with this too if ... A.Gordon were not an unrestricted free agent this summer.

This is too high a price for the risk involved of Gordon leaving the team this summer minus two first round picks without anything to show for it.

We are all skipping over this point.
Gordon has another year on his deal and has made noise of being willing to extend so maybe we're also negotiating that as part of this.

Ah okay, my mistake.  I thought this was his last season. That eases my worries.

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2021, 11:47:05 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Also FWIW don't expect Gordon to be a 30 point scorer, he scores 30 about once a year.

I'm against moving Smart for Gordon + picks. I think Smart/Gordon are similar in value. I'd be excited to add Gordon for just picks and any of our other players who aren't Smart/Jayson/Jaylen.

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2021, 11:48:14 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
penultimate is an a word that has caused more confusion that its worth.

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2021, 11:52:52 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
It’s time for a roster reset in Orlando, which looks likely to finish with top-five lottery odds after squeaking into the playoffs the past two seasons. According to a source, Evan Fournier has made it clear that he has no intention to re-sign with the Magic as a free agent this summer, so Orlando might as well get something in return for a player efficiently averaging 19.1 points per game. Gordon, who has a season remaining on his contract, is commanding a lot of interest. – via NBA Insiders @ ESPN.com

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2021, 12:08:28 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Trading the 2014 first-round #6 pick for the 2014 first-round #4 pick.

Fun. I think Danny's gotta do it lol.

I'm on board

AG can go off for 30 plus points at any given night. He has improved his 3 pt shot

He is a versatile defender. And best thing is locked up for a few more years on a very friendly contract
[/b]

He’s an unrestricted free agent at the end of next season. That’s a lot to give up considering he’s not under contract for 2-3 more years.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2021, 12:12:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I'm on board

AG can go off for 30 plus points at any given night. He has improved his 3 pt shot

He is a versatile defender. And best thing is locked up for a few more years on a very friendly contract
[/b]

He’s an unrestricted free agent at the end of next season. That’s a lot to give up considering he’s not under contract for 2-3 more years.

How is that a lot to give up?

Aren't you tired of mid/late 1st round picks galore

Celts don't even have any more roster room at this rate

I'm sure you rather trade for a marquee player with term. But that is going to cost much more than two 1st in the 20s

Bucks overpaid for Holiday and he is a UFA next season

two 1sts for Gordon caliber is fair imo

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2021, 12:20:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'm hoping also Danny can obtain Bamba in all of this

He has been buried deep and I think a change of scenery could be a good thing for the former top 10 pick

His 3 pt stroke is WIP

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2021, 12:22:21 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
I'm not a fan of Smart but I'd be concerned with trading him.  I think he'd get flipped to the Nets or the Lakers. 

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2021, 12:24:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'm not a fan of Smart but I'd be concerned with trading him.  I think he'd get flipped to the Nets or the Lakers.

can't worry what happens after a trade

Don't worry, Smart will take the ball out of Kyrie or Lebron hands and brick the final shot

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2021, 12:37:55 PM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru
Also FWIW don't expect Gordon to be a 30 point scorer, he scores 30 about once a year.

I'm against moving Smart for Gordon + picks. I think Smart/Gordon are similar in value. I'd be excited to add Gordon for just picks and any of our other players who aren't Smart/Jayson/Jaylen.

Don't build the deal around Smart -- build it around Kemba. The Magic are one of the few teams in the league who could be tempted to add Kemba.

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2021, 12:39:47 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Don't build the deal around Smart -- build it around Kemba. The Magic are one of the few teams in the league who could be tempted to add Kemba.
That might be the offer on the table. From what i can tell the Magic are asking for Smart, I don't know if he's the matching salary the C's have put out there yet or not.

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2021, 12:42:12 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I'd let the season play out, see what happens (as well as how certain players on our team play) and then push hard for a Vucevic or "Collins + another player" trade in the offseason using the TPE. 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2021, 12:43:16 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
It’s time for a roster reset in Orlando, which looks likely to finish with top-five lottery odds after squeaking into the playoffs the past two seasons. According to a source, Evan Fournier has made it clear that he has no intention to re-sign with the Magic as a free agent this summer, so Orlando might as well get something in return for a player efficiently averaging 19.1 points per game. Gordon, who has a season remaining on his contract, is commanding a lot of interest. – via NBA Insiders @ ESPN.com

Getting both Gordon and Fournier would be awesome but it'd be quite a trick. Unless Kemba is headed to Orlando, which might make sense for both teams and would make the trade very easy (it would also not require the TPE).

Apparently Steve Clifford loves Kemba Walker.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2021, 12:44:09 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

I'm on board

[/b]

How is that a lot to give up?

Aren't you tired of mid/late 1st round picks galore

Celts don't even have any more roster room at this rate

I'm sure you rather trade for a marquee player with term. But that is going to cost much more than two 1st in the 20s

Bucks overpaid for Holiday and he is a UFA next season

two 1sts for Gordon caliber is fair imo

They need to save the 1sts in order to trade for a legitimate All-Star to go with Jaylen and Jayson. Bucks have less holes than Boston and they have Drew for all of this season and next. That was a worthwhile gamble for them. Aaron Gordon is not the missing piece.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.