Author Topic: NBA All-Star Game  (Read 7295 times)

Re: NBA All-Star Game
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2021, 11:30:29 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I missed most of the All-Star festivities, including the game. When I did tune in, there were 9 players walking around and uninterested, and one guy dribbling and taking a shot. If it looked like they didn't care about playing, then why should I watch. There is far too much content out there to watch on TV, than to bother with an All-Star game now.

Something definitely needs to be done to fix it, or just do away with it entirely. The players are only interested in being elected as an All-Star, as a means to reaching a contract incentive or gaining leverage towards their next contract. The love of the game or having a competitive spirit is lost on todays players toward the All-Star game.

I'm happy for the people who did watch and were able to enjoy it.

All star teams are still important. It’s like a mid season award. Players aspire to be allstars.

Agreed though that it’s just not exciting anymore. I think they should shorten the game. Maybe just 2 12-minute half’s. Of course, that would cut ad revenue so I doubt they’d do it.

- LilRip

« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2021, 07:29:48 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/30999027/nba-all-star-2021-grades-best-worst-team-lebron-team-durant-every-event

Jaylen Brown
Boston Celtics
Guard | Grade: A-

Stats
22 PTS | 5 REB | 5-7 3-PT FG

Analysis
In his All-Star debut, Brown showed he belonged on the NBA's biggest individual stage, scoring 22 points on 8-of-12 shooting, including five 3-pointers. Most crucial was a 4-point play during the fourth quarter when he knocked down a 3 while getting pushed out of bounds by defender Zach LaVine. Getting in the All-Star spirit, Brown also completed an alley-oop to himself off the glass.

Jayson Tatum
Boston Celtics
Forward | Grade: A-

Stats
21 PTS | 4 REB | 7 AST

Analysis
The active Tatum showed his improvement as a playmaker by handing out seven assists to go along with his 21 points. Taking defense seriously at times, Tatum also finished with a game-high four steals, including one when he denied a backdoor cut early in the game.

Having watched the game and seen them score 170-150 or whatever it was it's safe to say nobody took defense seriously  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2021, 10:13:39 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Haven't watched this game in years.  I wish professional sports in general made some effort to incentivize participation and actual competition in these events, whatever they may be.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC