Author Topic: Dustin Pedroia officially retires  (Read 4379 times)

Dustin Pedroia officially retires
« on: February 01, 2021, 10:06:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30816259/boston-red-sox-dustin-pedroia-announces-retirement-mlb

I know he hadn't played regularly for years and everyone knew he probably should have retired a while ago, but it's still sad.

The linked article gives some information about what he has been going through. Pedey had a partial knee replacement recently at 37 years old!!! Agreeing to that surgery and then going through with it, of course, meant it was the end. But now he isn't in constant excruciating pain and can live a normal life. Good for him.

Me, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pedroia involved in a coaching level with the team....in time. He has a great baseball mind and it's obvious he is a leader of men. Become a bit of a teacher, and it's easy to see Pedey has major league head coaching potential, if he chooses to go that route.

It was such a pleasure to watch Dustin play, putting everything he is as a person and player into his game. Thanks for all the good times you provided Dustin.

Re: Dustin Pedroia officially retires
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 10:36:29 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
It's about time. No offense to Dustin—he's a total gamer, a great player whose accomplishments far exceeded what most people expected of him, and a crucial piece of three title teams—but I think  (correct me if I'm wrong) having his contract still on the books the last couple of years has hurt the team.

But thank you, Dustin, for all you did for the Sox, the city of Boston, all of New England. Great memories.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis