Poll

Did Danny blow it when he let Terry Rozier go?

Clearly he blew it.
13 (26.5%)
Uncertain/undecided
5 (10.2%)
Massive Voter Fraud invalidates this poll!
6 (12.2%)
Danny made the right move.
25 (51%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: June 01, 2021, 08:39:39 AM

Author Topic: Did Danny blow it when he let Terry Rozier go?  (Read 7113 times)

Re: Did Danny blow it when he let Terry Rozier go?
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2021, 09:03:38 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
This might be the most ridiculous,  hypocritical thread I've ever seen on this site, and that's saying something.

Show me which fans wanted Rozier instead of Kemba when we signed Kemba.

It's one thing to speculate on whether we would be better this season or going forward with Terry. It is another saying Danny "blew it" by making a move that was universally praised at the time. Losing games is bad enough, but the exaggerated negative rhetoric is making this site a tough place to stomach right now.
I don't think a single person that posted in this thread said they would keep Rozier or Walker at the time, but the premise isn't ridiculous or hypocritical.  It is based on the idea of knowing what we know now and seeing how Rozier has blosssomed, did Ainge make the wrong decision?  That isn't hypocritical at all, that is using the benefit of hindsight and asking would you do it differently with that benefit?  I think that is absolutely a fair question.

As I've consistently said, I didn't want Rozier back, but I also wouldn't have targeted Walker as he just didn't align well with Tatum, and I've been big on the idea that the team should be maximizing Tatum's window.  He is the future and he should be built around.
Moranis,
I finally agreee with what you’re saying. The question is legit. And the answer is becoming more and more obvious.
The question is not whether it was the right move. And btw fans have the luxury to criticize retrospectively because they are the ones paying for the product unless Wyc goes out if his way to outspend every team it’s the fans that are indirectly paying Danny’s salary and Kembas max deal and so on

« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2021, 09:12:52 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
No, but maybe he didn't do the right thing on signing Kemba over Brogdon who is cheaper, fited more with the age, the qualities and the role in this team.
After I still hope Kemba will begin again to find a shoot; until then I am for benching him and putting Marcus on the floor when he comes back. Moment to show our yoings that noone have a green card and can play that bad and make loose the team with still so much shoots.

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2021, 09:15:17 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
No, but maybe he didn't do the right thing on signing Kemba over Brogdon who is cheaper, fited more with the age, the qualities and the role in this team.
After I still hope Kemba will begin again to find a shoot; until then I am for benching him and putting Marcus on the floor when he comes back. Moment to show our yoings that noone have a green card and can play that bad and make loose the team with still so much shoots.
Completely agree with you on Brogdon. Danny blew it by not signing him to the money he got from Indy or higher. If Kemba had signed a max with Philly we could also have kept Horford lol.