Author Topic: Whoa, Karl-Anthony Towns "Frustrated", Possibly To Be In Trade Talks  (Read 20296 times)

Re: Whoa, Karl-Anthony Towns "Frustrated", Possibly To Be In Trade Talks
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2018, 11:04:51 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Thibs is a great defensive minded coach, but he does not know how to get his players to buy into his system and his offense.

Thibs has an offense? ;D

« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2018, 11:14:34 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Thibs is a great defensive minded coach, but he does not know how to get his players to buy into his system and his offense.

Thibs has an offense? ;D
Give it to Derrick/Jimmy ;)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2018, 11:21:10 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Thibs has an offense? ;D
Give it to Derrick/Jimmy ;)

Pretty much, lol ;D.

« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2018, 01:36:49 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Yup, let's trade our best player (Kyrie) for an inferior player who plays a position we're already set at, and in the process create a roster imbalance that will force us to not be able to play our 5 best players to either start nor finish games.

Yup, Celtics fans done lost their [dang] minds.
Lol you must not be talking about the Celtics. Our guards and wings are way stronger than our bigs. This post is completely backwards, and that's not even up for debate.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Trading Kyrie for KAT would result in our five best players being two bigs and three wings. None of them are primary ball handlers. In order to put a primary ball handler on the court we would have to take one of our five best players off the court.

That is not good roster management any way you slice it.
Key word being "if" we traded Kyrie. You said we are already set at big. It is our biggest position of need lol. Hayward/Tatum/Brown > Horford/Baynes/Theis. Also, Kyrie/Rozier/Smart > Horford/Baynes/Theis. We already have a roster imbalance, but it won't be fixed by trading Kyrie for Towns. Sorry buddy, but you're wrong.

I'm not your buddy, pal. ;)

But seriously, I'm not sure what you're not understanding. You can't have your five best players all be non-primary ball handlers. That's not going to work, period.

We already have an All-Star at C, we don't need another C of that caliber. At least not one who is at that level already. Finding an eventual replacement for Horford is a good idea, but not at the cost of your best player, and not if it compromises your ability to actually put your five best players all on the court at the same time.
This is basically the same exact post you just made lol. You didn't even read what I wrote, and that's probably why you are having so much trouble understanding. Horford is a 4/5 who is 31. He can't start full time at center, which is why we had to start Baynes this year. That created a - wait for it - roster imbalance, because we had better wings and guards who weren't getting enough minutes. That was pretty much fixed by the multiple injuries, but we will have the same problem next year. However it won't be fixed by trading Kyrie for Towns, because it would create the same thing with guards. But we are absolutely not set at the big man position (which is what you posted), and your obsession with not having a roster imbalance should make you aware of that, but I really had to spell it out for ya. Hope that clears this up for you BUDDY  ;D
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2018, 02:12:45 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Devin Booker Tweets Photo Of Karl-Anthony Towns In Suns Jersey

https://twitter.com/DevinBook/status/997648229511577600

Uh oh

“With the first and 16th overall picks in this year's draft, along with incoming first rounders  in 2019 from the Bucks and 2021 from the Heat, the Suns could put together an attractive trade package for Towns.

The Suns are also on record that the first overall pick could be made available.

« Reply #110 on: May 20, 2018, 11:57:36 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I already said that the suns could beat the Celtics In terms of trade value.

« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2018, 12:00:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I already said that the suns could beat the Celtics In terms of trade value.

Well, duh, if they offer the #1 pick, no one can beat their offer. KAT is heading to Phoenix.

(Assuming he's being dealt obviously. I think MIN just keeps him for now)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2018, 12:05:11 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Devin Booker Tweets Photo Of Karl-Anthony Towns In Suns Jersey

https://twitter.com/DevinBook/status/997648229511577600

Uh oh

“With the first and 16th overall picks in this year's draft, along with incoming first rounders  in 2019 from the Bucks and 2021 from the Heat, the Suns could put together an attractive trade package for Towns.

The Suns are also on record that the first overall pick could be made available.

I don't think the Wolves will find a 'rebuilding' package very attractive. Sure, the Suns can offer more than fair value, but after trading for Butler just last summer I really can't see them wanting to reverse course.

If Minnesota trades Towns it will be for established talent.

« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2018, 12:10:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Yup, let's trade our best player (Kyrie) for an inferior player who plays a position we're already set at, and in the process create a roster imbalance that will force us to not be able to play our 5 best players to either start nor finish games.

Lol you must not be talking about the Celtics. Our guards and wings are way stronger than our bigs. This post is completely backwards, and that's not even up for debate.

Trading Kyrie for KAT would result in our five best players being two bigs and three wings. None of them are primary ball handlers. In order to put a primary ball handler on the court we would have to take one of our five best players off the court.

Key word being "if" we traded Kyrie. You said we are already set at big. It is our biggest position of need lol. Hayward/Tatum/Brown > Horford/Baynes/Theis. Also, Kyrie/Rozier/Smart > Horford/Baynes/Theis. We already have a roster imbalance, but it won't be fixed by trading Kyrie for Towns. Sorry buddy, but you're wrong.

But seriously, I'm not sure what you're not understanding. You can't have your five best players all be non-primary ball handlers. That's not going to work, period.

We already have an All-Star at C, we don't need another C of that caliber. At least not one who is at that level already. Finding an eventual replacement for Horford is a good idea, but not at the cost of your best player, and not if it compromises your ability to actually put your five best players all on the court at the same time.
This is basically the same exact post you just made lol. You didn't even read what I wrote, and that's probably why you are having so much trouble understanding. Horford is a 4/5 who is 31. He can't start full time at center, which is why we had to start Baynes this year. That created a - wait for it - roster imbalance, because we had better wings and guards who weren't getting enough minutes. That was pretty much fixed by the multiple injuries, but we will have the same problem next year. However it won't be fixed by trading Kyrie for Towns, because it would create the same thing with guards. But we are absolutely not set at the big man position (which is what you posted), and your obsession with not having a roster imbalance should make you aware of that, but I really had to spell it out for ya. Hope that clears this up for you BUDDY  ;D

Oh, I fully understand everything you're saying. What I'm telling you is you are flat out wrong.

We didn't start Horford at PF because he can't start at C, he's been a starting C every year of his career prior to joining the Celtics. We started Horford at C because Hayward got injured 5 minutes into the season. Horford will be our starting C next season, book it.

« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2018, 12:41:40 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The Wolves would be much better off just trading Thibs, Wiggins, or whomever is causing KAT to be disappointed.  That said if they move on from KAT, I think a team like the Lakers would be a darkhorse contender as they have a lot of young players, but also can provide some cap relief to the Wolves. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2018, 12:45:06 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
The Wolves would be much better off just trading Thibs, Wiggins, or whomever is causing KAT to be disappointed.  That said if they move on from KAT, I think a team like the Lakers would be a darkhorse contender as they have a lot of young players, but also can provide some cap relief to the Wolves.

Agreed on your first point, but hopefully they don't figure that out.

As to your second point, I think they have their eyes on James/George/Leonard first.

« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2018, 12:59:26 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

As to your second point, I think they have their eyes on James/George/Leonard first.
And why exactly can't they add Towns to that?  They have Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma as pieces.  They won't need all of those for a Leonard trade.  They also have potentially have Randle as a sign and trade (though that would make it more difficult to land 2 max free agents).  Sign George and James in free agency.  They'd have to get the order down for all those trades/signings, but I think it is doable as long as they can move Deng somewhere in there.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2018, 01:35:39 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

And why exactly can't they add Towns to that?  They have Ball, Ingram, and Kuzma as pieces.  They won't need all of those for a Leonard trade.  They also have potentially have Randle as a sign and trade (though that would make it more difficult to land 2 max free agents).  Sign George and James in free agency.  They'd have to get the order down for all those trades/signings, but I think it is doable as long as they can move Deng somewhere in there.

Seems like you are a bit feisty on this.

To get Leonard, they'd probably have to give up Ingram. In order to make the trade work, they also have to include Deng, which means they'd need to include another piece (Hart? Kuzma?)

Considering the other offers that would be out there, I don't think Kuzma and Ball would be enough to get Towns.

Maybe they would target him over Leonard though.

« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2018, 02:01:24 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Oh, I fully understand everything you're saying. What I'm telling you is you are flat out wrong.

We didn't start Horford at PF because he can't start at C, he's been a starting C every year of his career prior to joining the Celtics. We started Horford at C because Hayward got injured 5 minutes into the season. Horford will be our starting C next season, book it.
Sigh, I guess I'll just wait until Danny makes a move for a big man to say I told you so. If you think Horford is the future full time center of this team, I can't argue with crazy lol. Have a good one and go Celtics.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2018, 02:43:24 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

Sigh, I guess I'll just wait until Danny makes a move for a big man to say I told you so. If you think Horford is the future full time center of this team, I can't argue with crazy lol. Have a good one and go Celtics.

LOL.....

Have fun waiting, it's going to be a while.