Author Topic: WOJ BOMB, paul george and hayward!!!?  (Read 41270 times)

Re: WOJ BOMB, paul george and hayward!!!?
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2017, 05:23:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sources on @TheVertical: Boston working to sequence the acquisitions of Gordon Hayward and Paul George.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/879766343867912193

You know why this bomb is out already

1. Pacers want someone to raise their offer, and beat the Celtics

2. I read somewhere Woj has all kind of connections except from the Celts office..  perhaps Woj dislikes the Celts

Danny can give up xyz but dont give up Brown and Tatum. Unless PG13 signs an extension

« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2017, 05:23:09 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
THE PAUL GEORGE TRADE IS DONE JUST WAITING ON HAYWARD

awaiting haywards commitment to Celtics:

The Boston Celtics are seeking a commitment from Gordon Hayward before they can finalize a trade for Paul George.

"The Celtics will need to maneuver their roster and unload salaries but they have contingencies in place.

If Boston can't secure a deal with Hayward, they could instead sign Blake Griffin and then trade for George."

Remember, Larry is a Celtic. McHale is a Celtic. Ainge is a Celtic. Need I say more?

And that works both ways. Bird will get the best deal from Ainge.

I don't think Bird is calling the shots in Indy anymore

« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2017, 05:23:20 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

The Boston Celtics are seeking a commitment from Gordon Hayward before they can finalize a trade for Paul George.

"The Celtics will need to maneuver their roster and unload salaries but they have contingencies in place.

If Boston can't secure a deal with Hayward, they could instead sign Blake Griffin and then trade for George."

Remember, Larry is a Celtic. McHale is a Celtic. Ainge is a Celtic. Need I say more?

Bird stepped down from the Pacers weeks ago.

« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2017, 05:24:12 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
Trading Horford sends a signal to every FA out there that promises won't be kept by this team.

I don't think FA contracts come with any promise that the player would never be traded, at least those contracts that don't have no trade clauses.

I don't think Horford will be traded this season but depending on how things play out, it would not surprise me one bit if he is traded at some point (the point where our team starts to go young).

« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2017, 05:24:40 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Sources on @TheVertical: Boston working to sequence the acquisitions of Gordon Hayward and Paul George.

2. I read somewhere Woj has all kind of connections except from the Celts office..  perhaps Woj dislikes the Celts

Danny can give up xyz but dont give up Brown and Tatum. Unless PG13 signs an extensiom

I would not even make a deal for PG unless there is an extension in place. Would not give up those players and picks for a guy you have to spend the year convincing to stay

« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2017, 05:26:00 PM »

Offline JumpingJudkins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Man, there is way too much talk of extending George's contract. It's really simple. Assuming we use all our cap space to sign Hayward, George isn't going to surrender money by agreeing to an extension with the Pacers and then a trade to Boston. And we're not going to give away Al Horford so we can make more cap room to give George an extension.

What can happen is that George quietly says he'll re-sign with us, using the Bird rights, or he at  least says that he's willing to consider re-signing with us, and Danny rolls the dice.

Since signing PG and IT both to max contracts will put us in total luxury tax hell, it's even possible that Danny is willing to just see how that group plays together (and who comes out of the season healthy) and then decide to only offer one of those guys a max contract.

Either way, we get a one-year swing at the title, at least three stars under contract, and an extra year of development for potential building blocks Brown, Tatum, Smart/Rozier (and the 2018 Nets pick). Honestly, we need at least one home-grown, rookie contract guy to become a star if we want to be a perennial contender anyway.

« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2017, 05:26:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Danny can give up xyz but dont give up Brown and Tatum. Unless PG13 signs an extensiom

I would not even make a deal for PG unless there is an extension in place. Would not give up those players and picks for a guy you have to spend the year convincing to stay

I would give up ab, crowder or IT4 plus the non lotto picks

Without an extension

« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2017, 05:27:13 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

It would cost us Jaylen Brown to extend PG now.

The real question comes when you try to extend PG in 2018, which would mean either IT or Horford is gone.

« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2017, 05:27:55 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
although as saltover explains..idk how this is feasible

Oh, it's feasible to sign Hayward and the trade for George, which is what Woj is reporting.  It's not reasonably feasible to sign Hayward and trade for George while extending him.

I do question the finances of affording a max contract for George next year having maxed Hayward this year, especially if keeping IT to a presumably max deal.  And until such a trade happens, I will continue to question it.  But if ownership is willing to go all in, I'm all for it.

With IT and Bradley FAs after this year, if George walks, they have the money to extend IT or re-sign Bradley. Meanwhile, Tatum, Brown and Zizic have another year experience. One may emerge.

Maybe they are taking it one year at a time, and are all in next year to see how far they can go.

They won the Championship the first year with KG, PP and RA.

« Reply #159 on: June 27, 2017, 05:29:01 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I would give up ab, crowder or IT4 plus the non lotto picks

Without an extension

Yes on AB (who I think is way overvalued. He is always hurt) and Crowder who to me is nothing more than a 6 man.

I would not give up IT or young assets like Brown or Tatum or the lakers pick for a one year rental or running the risk he won't resign.

« Reply #160 on: June 27, 2017, 05:32:52 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Don't get your hopes up. 

« Reply #161 on: June 27, 2017, 05:33:08 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Bird is still a part of the Pacers organization. He was at the Combine for them.

You don't think he is involved in negotiations with Ainge?  :laugh:

« Reply #162 on: June 27, 2017, 05:35:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Bird is still a part of the Pacers organization. He was at the Combine for them.

You don't think he is involved in negotiations with Ainge?  :laugh:

No

« Reply #163 on: June 27, 2017, 05:35:17 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Trading Horford sends a signal to every FA out there that promises won't be kept by this team.

I don't think FA contracts come with any promise that the player would never be traded, at least those contracts that don't have no trade clauses.

I don't think Horford will be traded this season but depending on how things play out, it would not surprise me one bit if he is traded at some point (the point where our team starts to go young).

Has anybody come up with a viable way to clear enough cap room to sign those two players without trading Al Horford?  If they have I'd like to hear it.

« Reply #164 on: June 27, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

Has anybody come up with a viable way to clear enough cap room to sign those two players without trading Al Horford?  If they have I'd like to hear it.

It doesn't really exist. If we sign Hayward and get George it means we are taking the season to talk George into resigning after the year is up.