Author Topic: The NBA where caring happens (Carmelo Collapses)  (Read 6836 times)

Re: The NBA where caring happens (Carmelo Collapses)
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 01:22:04 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
What are the refs suppose to do in this situation?

Is there a rule in place where they can stop play because of an injury?  I feel like there is, I feel like the refs are always quick to stop play with injuries.. but I could be wrong. 

I think melo was genuinely hurt here although I doubt he was hurt so much that he couldnt get up or open his eyes.
Well, they say he lost consciousness for a while m8.

yah but I don't believe anything 'they' say, just going on what I saw..

I wonder what the rule is still.  Are refs obligated to stop the game here?

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 01:22:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Although they over use it in soccer, this is one of those cases where the opposing team would just throw the ball away and let the trainer take a look at him.  This is one thing that I respect soccer.  It doesn't matter if it's USA vs Iran, they'll throw the ball away the instant that they see somebody hurt.

That does not happen in rugby. I've seen guys go down unconscious and bleeding from the face while play went on for another minute.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 01:28:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Although they over use it in soccer, this is one of those cases where the opposing team would just throw the ball away and let the trainer take a look at him.  This is one thing that I respect soccer.  It doesn't matter if it's USA vs Iran, they'll throw the ball away the instant that they see somebody hurt.

That does not happen in rugby. I've seen guys go down unconscious and bleeding from the face while play went on for another minute.

I saw a guy get knocked out in practice with what turned out to be a fractured spine.  There was kind of a silent moment when everyone realized he was down and not moving, which was almost immediately broken by the team Brit yelling, "Haul his bloody carcass off the field and get back to it!!"  I love rugby.

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 01:29:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Although they over use it in soccer, this is one of those cases where the opposing team would just throw the ball away and let the trainer take a look at him.  This is one thing that I respect soccer.  It doesn't matter if it's USA vs Iran, they'll throw the ball away the instant that they see somebody hurt.

I saw a guy get knocked out in practice with what turned out to be a fractured spine.  There was kind of a silent moment when everyone realized he was down and not moving, which was almost immediately broken by the team Brit yelling, "Haul his bloody carcass off the field and get back to it!!"  I love rugby.

haha

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 01:32:26 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
Although they over use it in soccer, this is one of those cases where the opposing team would just throw the ball away and let the trainer take a look at him.  This is one thing that I respect soccer.  It doesn't matter if it's USA vs Iran, they'll throw the ball away the instant that they see somebody hurt.

Thats also a reason which makes soccer lame, and they lay on the ground pretending to be hurt half the game.

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 01:34:48 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18

Thats also a reason which makes soccer lame, and they lay on the ground pretending to be hurt half the game.

I played soccer for 10 years in school and laying on the ground is one of the best parts of the game!  Beats running up and down non stop.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 01:45:22 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
It's unfortunate that soccer in USA will never be like the rest of the world.  If you thought that the New Orleans story line in football was great, just watch the story lines that develop amongst the NATIONS.  It's incredible!  It'll make New Orleans look like Delonte's gun charges (nobody really aware or caring except some Celtics and Cavs fan).

Also, a heads up.  It'll be interesting the South Africa story line of racism.  There was a killing of the biggest white supremacist icon that has resurfaced the racism in the country.  It's interesting because the white people are the minority with lesser power.  The complete of opposite of what we think of racism.  Anyway, with the World Cup coming there, it'll be interesting how South Africans will accept all the different people with this underlying racism being surfaced.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 01:54:51 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Sorry, I didnt mean to change topics.  I am just pumped up about the World Cup.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 02:00:33 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

They do that in the MLS? Doesn't happen (too) much around these parts.

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
The NBA where caring happens

Those commercials rank with some of the dumbest commercials ever.  The ubuntu of commercials.

This is no big thing.  This is a product of flopping and acting so prevelent in the game today.  Even Anthony's teammates thought he was acting.  Hard to tell the difference sometimes.  If they stop playing and the other team scores, they get chewed out. 

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 02:34:11 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

I watch some highlights and stuff on youtube of rugby occasionally and I really wish I could find some more of it on TV. I'm not huge into football or anything, but Rugby is brutalllll! I love it, (albeit the litle I have seen) as well.

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 03:20:37 PM »

Offline Mad Hatter

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 75
this is just another reason for me to hate the Nuggets.

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 03:24:15 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I watch some highlights and stuff on youtube of rugby occasionally and I really wish I could find some more of it on TV. I'm not huge into football or anything, but Rugby is brutalllll! I love it, (albeit the litle I have seen) as well.

This is something that has plagued every future Rugby player in teh US. Most of us don't have this problem until we hit college. IN any case..merry christmas amigo.

http://rugbyontv.com/

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 03:52:25 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Jeez, why no timeout by Denver?

Why did it take the announcers so long to realize he wasn't goofing around?

Weird reactions all around.

Exactly what I was thinking the whole time that I saw it Redz.

If I was on either team and I noticed it I would have done it like a soccer game and dribbled the ball right out of bounds and then got someones attention to help him.  Then when the other team's coach who was inbounding the ball I would instruct my player to inbound the ball to the team who dribbled the ball out of bounds.

The refs should have noticed though and blown the play dead!

And one of his three teammates around him should have noticed something was wrong with him and immediately got help!

Every thing about this was just disgusting!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:01:31 PM by Mike-Dub »
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 04:00:36 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

haha

I don't really see what's so funny with someone saying that?
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce