Author Topic: Andruw Bogut's arm  (Read 4970 times)

Re: Andruw Bogut's arm
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 04:33:43 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
"Further testing and imaging at Aurora Sinai showed that Andrew sustained a dislocated right elbow, a sprained right wrist and a broken right hand. He was released from the hospital and no timetable has been determined for his return."
Source.

Ugh! I thought he was going to get away with just a dislocated elbow... poor guy.

btw Klor, grats on mod!

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 04:49:42 AM »

Kiorrik

"Further testing and imaging at Aurora Sinai showed that Andrew sustained a dislocated right elbow, a sprained right wrist and a broken right hand. He was released from the hospital and no timetable has been determined for his return."
Source.

Ugh! I thought he was going to get away with just a dislocated elbow... poor guy.

btw Klor, grats on mod!
Thanks ;)

But yeh, hate seeing him go down like that :(

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 05:18:38 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
If we face Milwaukee in the first round, this is a huge advantage for us (duh) and a sad reality of life for the Bucks. The pressure will be on us, of course.

Let's kick some Cleveland behind today first, though.

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 07:19:08 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Watched it once and felt sick. He's one tough bugger if he can get up from an injury like that and walk off.

I really hope they get some good news and it doesn't affect his career, hopefully back for the start of the season.

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 07:27:07 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Every time Rondo hits the floor I dread this kind of injury!  I hope Andrew Bogut can overcome this injury and come back better than ever...wish him a complete recovery. 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 08:49:23 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
OMG, I will never dunk like that again :)
Get well soon, my semi-Croatian friend
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 09:02:23 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
helps boston. he was the one guy boston had no answer for. def. like the match up with them or miami now

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 09:43:46 AM »

Offline scootman

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
i just saw the video and holy crap that looked horrible glad he didnt come down on his neck.

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 10:07:43 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
OMG, I will never dunk like that again :)
Get well soon, my semi-Croatian friend

I actuallly hung on to the rim too long on a dunk in high school (1996) and broke my right elbow and sprained my left wrist- it totally sucked.

All that being said, you never hope for a major injury to another team's player entering the playoffs- it may be good for the Celtics (which wouldn't mean much when we beat them) or it could be a really good thing for the Hawks...

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 10:11:12 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
That was gruesome. Hope he can recover in time for next season.

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 10:20:39 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just saw the video of the fall... pretty shocking and painful. :o

It sucks for Bogut and the Bucks, it looks like their potential upset in the playoffs won't happen if they don't have him.

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 12:31:23 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
holy jeebus that looked painful... I can only wonder how long something like that would take to heal but with three different injuries to the same arm he'll definitely be out for the rest of the season and most likely the playoffs as well.

One of the drawbacks of using your height and strength to make a 'statement' dunk is that it can oftentimes be dangerous for the other people around the basket and yourself, you can get a T for hanging on the rim for too long and it takes quite a bit of energy to throw it down like that.

I've grown to like the alley-oop style that Kevin Garnett uses because of that very fact - he is tall enough to dunk easily but in serious situations he'll use only enough energy to finesse the ball into the basket. This is critical for us because if you'll remember Kevin also injured himself on a dunk attempt, an alley-oop to be exact so any way he can refine his 'alley-oop technique' from that point on I'm all for.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 01:01:16 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Looked brutal,but despite the injuries perhaps he'll be able to make it for the playoffs. Bogut uses his non-dominant hand more than any other player I've ever seen. In fact, it it weren't for his FT's one would think he's in fact a lefty.

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 12:07:23 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I just remembered what this reminded me of:  Frank Viola.   Relieved that this time it is not as bad as it looked...although it is bad, and painful...and that he will have the opportunity to resume his career.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 12:10:09 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
holy jeebus that looked painful... I can only wonder how long something like that would take to heal but with three different injuries to the same arm he'll definitely be out for the rest of the season and most likely the playoffs as well.

One of the drawbacks of using your height and strength to make a 'statement' dunk is that it can oftentimes be dangerous for the other people around the basket and yourself, you can get a T for hanging on the rim for too long and it takes quite a bit of energy to throw it down like that.

I've grown to like the alley-oop style that Kevin Garnett uses because of that very fact - he is tall enough to dunk easily but in serious situations he'll use only enough energy to finesse the ball into the basket. This is critical for us because if you'll remember Kevin also injured himself on a dunk attempt, an alley-oop to be exact so any way he can refine his 'alley-oop technique' from that point on I'm all for.
Lebron does a great job running full speed when dunking but not holding onto the rim.