Author Topic: Battier an Option?  (Read 5927 times)

Re: Battier an Option?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 03:09:09 PM »

Offline Montrossity

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
Not only is Battier in all likelihood staying in Houston, there is no way they are trading him to the Celts for spare parts and no way the Celts would part with the big name guys it would take to separate Battier from the Rockets. 

Battier
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 10:32:25 PM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
whats up guys.

Now that artest has gone to houston, is there anyway that we would be able to get Battier to fill the posey position,

Artest and Battier play the same position, so would the rockets look to trade Battier now?

Re: Battier
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2008, 10:35:37 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
We dont have anything to trade that Houston wants in that price range. Nice player though.

This should probably be in the 'trade' thread forum. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

Re: Battier
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2008, 10:44:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I heard Artest will be playing power forward. I think we could maybe pick up Carl Landry. He's kind of redundant to players we already have, ( see Baby and Powe) but he's tough and plays with all his heart.

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 11:00:24 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
He's not available as now he's their 6th man, where he excels at. We would love to have him, but have no pieces to trade him that wouldn't be a lateral trade
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 01:59:15 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
What about Lebron James, I heard he is pretty good and will fit well with this team ?

Yeah, but do you really want to give up Scalabrine AND powe for him?

Seriously, I'd love to have Battier.  So would most teams in the league.  He's a great player, and Houston isn't sending him anywhere, let alone for what we have.

Now, if Ron Artest maybe punches him in the face...

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Artest and Battier are redundant--on the floor together they would not provide enough offense--neither is a power forward even with the greatest imagination--I have to assume that Battier is available because he is too good and paid too much to sit-- do we have enough to trade for him??  maybe with a first rounder thrown in?  Big Baby or Powe??
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt