Author Topic: Ricky D to the Clips  (Read 9331 times)

Re: Ricky D to the Clips
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 09:57:20 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Interesting move.   The shooting guard spot for the Clippers is kind of crowded now with R Davis, Mobley, Gordon and maybe even Ross.  However at least one of those guys might get some SF minutes behind Thornton and I heard they might try Gordon as combo guard with some minutes at the point.  

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 10:08:28 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Something tells me the Clippers are going to run next year. Camby and Kaman had better control those blocked shots!

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 10:10:07 PM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Wow, the Clippers are looking better and better this offseason........ I mean a team with Baron, Ricky, Thornton, Camby, and Kaman......... and don't forget rookie Eric Gordon.......

They will definately make the playoffs next year

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 10:26:27 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Good signing by the Clippers.
I don't know that they will make the playoffs, but should be fun to watch...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 10:36:34 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Ricky got 2.5 mil, because that is about all he is worth

2.5 million is a bargain for his abilities.
Ricky's abilities are fool's gold.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 11:20:12 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
cheap solid signing... nice work.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 05:19:40 AM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Got a point. He has always had impressive numbers. But then why so cheap. Maybe he is a bad as they say. Regardless was not going to be wearing green.

Clippers are looking good!

B Davis/J Hart/M Taylor
C. Mobley/E Gordon/Q Ross (?)
R Davis/A Thorton/M Williams
T Thomas/j Powell/N Frasekas
C Kaman/M Camby/DA Jordan/P Davis (?)

Davis could come off the bench like he did for the C's
Ricky Davis cannot really  guard SFs. Tim Thomas cannot really guard PFs. There's no way that Camby will be coming off the bench.

Either way, look for this team to break all sorts of records for points conceded per game.

I'd be surprised too if Ricky starts over Thorton.

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 07:21:54 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Didn't Bill Simmons say a couple of years ago that "Ricky will inevitably have a stint with the Clippers" ?? Weird.

I love that team. They could beat anybody any night, but probably won't. I love that team makeup though.

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 08:29:17 AM »

Offline Petro

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 6
I don't know Ricky or T.Allen? I still am not confident in TA's abilities.There were points in the playoffs that Celtics struggled to score.Also after a long playoff run Pierce and Allen might not be as durable as people think. TA is a shaky offensive player at best. No jump shot shaky handle and no more explosion because of his knee. I think Danny was looking elsewhere but the urging of teamates and Doc they brought him back. So I think Ricky would have been a steal at 2.5 mill I just don't think Pierce and Doc wanted him back in green. Instead they wanted a guy they believe in and that's TA. Personally I would have given Ricky another shot with KG and Pierce having him fit into the mix would of gave us another offensive option off the bench which we dont have now.

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 05:25:04 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I like this signing by the Clippers. They should be a fun team next year!

Kaman and Camby can control the boards and defend the rim. And then they have a slew of guys to run and gun with Baron Davis. If they're healthy, they could slip into the playoffs.

The low $ for Davis is a good gamble for the Clips. The west coast style of ball should suit his talents.

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 05:30:00 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I like this signing by the Clippers. They should be a fun team next year!

Kaman and Camby can control the boards and defend the rim. And then they have a slew of guys to run and gun with Baron Davis. If they're healthy, they could slip into the playoffs.

The low $ for Davis is a good gamble for the Clips. The west coast style of ball should suit his talents.

They'll have a lot of guys looking to prove something too, which can be a dangerous combination - the most exciting team in LA may not be the Lakers (though the Lakers will finish with a better record) - Clippers Showtime... nice
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 05:44:41 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
These last two moves give Baron the complimentory vet pieces to lead this team somewhere.  You could even argue this team is now better than his Warriors were last year.

In a watered down West, this should be a playoff team.

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 06:08:55 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
These last two moves give Baron the complimentory vet pieces to lead this team somewhere.  You could even argue this team is now better than his Warriors were last year.

wow I can't believe the day has come where the west is referred to as "watered down" - Just remember, the best team to come out of the West has to go through some powerhouses and loses some vigor and resilience in the process.  San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, LALakers, Phoenix, NO and Utah are all scary teams.  Denver I think is on the downswing, but Portland is on the rise. There's a solid 8 teams that I think could finish top 4 in the east.  Of the non-playoff teams in the east, the only ones I expect to be better are Miami and Chicago, and I'm not sure by how much really - Philly obviously improved, but I think Toronto did even moreso assuming JO is healthy. Its a solid East, more solid than we've seen in years, but I don't think the balance has totally shifted yet
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 06:18:01 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247

wow I can't believe the day has come where the west is referred to as "watered down" - Just remember, the best team to come out of the West has to go through some powerhouses and loses some vigor and resilience in the process.  San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, LALakers, Phoenix, NO and Utah are all scary teams.  Denver I think is on the downswing, but Portland is on the rise. There's a solid 8 teams that I think could finish top 4 in the east.  Of the non-playoff teams in the east, the only ones I expect to be better are Miami and Chicago, and I'm not sure by how much really - Philly obviously improved, but I think Toronto did even moreso assuming JO is healthy. Its a solid East, more solid than we've seen in years, but I don't think the balance has totally shifted yet

The West is still stronger for sure. LAC should compete with POR and DEN for the 8th seed. It'll probably take at least 48 wins or so to get in.

Meanwhile in the East there will probably still be 3 or 4 sub 48 win teams sliding into the playoffs.

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 06:35:47 PM »

Offline sirnastee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 6
ricky is money...we should have brought him back for $2.5 mil!!! he's pretty underrated as a defensive player because everyone hates him... i mean, he is a fool in his ways but his offense is well rounded..he nails the midrange jumper, drastically improved his 3 pointers and can throw it down..besides, if we signed him, he would have been playin mostly with the second unit, where he could have gone nuts by himself.  and if he acts up, kg could murk him.  He hasn't really caused too much trouble lately as he got older...hes prolly like the only one who played all 82 games for the quittin Heat last year and in Minnesota, he was pretty well-behaved.  by the way, ricky davis for wally was the worst trade in the world.