Author Topic: Josh Howard Is An Idiot  (Read 14117 times)

Re: Josh Howard Is An Idiot
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2008, 11:25:29 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
well, not to turn this political in anyway, but to me, to have weed classified on the same level as other drugs is retarded. i don't do it anymore, but to me, at collage, alcohol screwed with me much worse.

but the main point here, to me is why even mention anyone but yourself if your josh? it's your choice to bring it up, but leave others out of it.

That's exactly the problem I have with what Josh did.  It's not about whether or not we should care that he smokes weed, it's Josh trying to bring others down with him is what is wrong with what he did.  If you want to dime on yourself, fine, but don't implicate others in the process.  And he implicates a league who pays him millions of dollars to play a game, no less.  What a jerk!
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2008, 12:22:33 AM »

Offline casCELTIC

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
  • Cassell, I am - Huevos, I use.
who's being implicated here?  he named no one specific except himself.  is "josh howard smokes weed" a news story?  it's decriminalized in many places and prrscribed medicinally in many others.

those who think the league doesn't know that 75% of its players smoke weed from time to time (or more) are...misinformed.

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2008, 08:20:46 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
ah, don't worry about it...that liberal obama will legalize smoking dope once he becomes prez... ;)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2008, 08:23:42 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
who's being implicated here?  he named no one specific except himself.  is "josh howard smokes weed" a news story?  it's decriminalized in many places and prrscribed medicinally in many others.

those who think the league doesn't know that 75% of its players smoke weed from time to time (or more) are...misinformed.

Josh said that it was widely known that most NBA players use marijuana and in case you forgot, it is illegal.  So what Josh has done is reveal that most of the league uses illegal drugs and that the league is turning a blind eye to it.  Now this could put Stern in a position where he might have to act so he won't look like he is ignoring illegal activity in his league.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2008, 09:03:51 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Josh said that it was widely known that most NBA players use marijuana and in case you forgot, it is illegal.  So what Josh has done is reveal that most of the league uses illegal drugs and that the league is turning a blind eye to it.  Now this could put Stern in a position where he might have to act so he won't look like he is ignoring illegal activity in his league.

Sorry, but this is incorrect on several counts.  First, although marijuana use is illegal, that is moot from a league perspective, except that marijuana is also on their list of banned substances.  10 years ago when marijuana use was not banned (but was obviously still illegal), whether players used or not was none of the league's business (as long as they didn't get arrested).  Second, as they said during the DAL-NO game 3, simply saying you use an illegal substance is not punishable under the CBA; only a positive drug test can incur drug-related discipline.  On top of that, just because Howard says a lot of players do it is not evidence that they do (although he's right, of course).  Stern has no legal recourse in this case; all he can do here is directly or indirectly suggest that Howard shut his mouth.  As with most things, Stern is only concerned as to whether this tarnishes the league's image, not whether the behavior is actually happening.  As several people have pointed out, lots of NBA players smoke pot, and it doesn't seem to particularly affect their games or lives. 

The league, most of its employees and many of its fans are well aware that many players do this, but they don't care, because it doesn't affect their games or lives in any measurable way.  What they DO care about is if the league become known as a "pothead" league, and it affects their image and therefore their revenues.  If this story disappears, as it probably will, so will the NBA's response, because they would rather let the issue be than keep it in the public's minds.

« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2008, 09:02:24 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Another Josh Howard moment:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3515172

Still think Josh is a great guy and that pot smoking doesn't make you stupid?! How come it is all the pot smokers that make these kind of dumb decisions.

« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2008, 11:28:09 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Another Josh Howard moment:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3515172

Still think Josh is a great guy and that pot smoking doesn't make you stupid?! How come it is all the pot smokers that make these kind of dumb decisions.

Yeah, people who don't smoke pot never make dumb decisions.

::)