Author Topic: Nets Imploding Already?  (Read 41360 times)

Re: Nets Imploding Already?
« Reply #225 on: January 21, 2021, 08:53:59 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
I think the Nets should trade Irving to the Clippers.

The Nets need bodies and I think Irving will only cause problems and provides nothing they don't get from Harden who is quite simply better than him.

Irving for Beverley, Williams, Zubac, Kabengele, Mann, 2021 pick swap, 2023 pick swap (the pick swaps are after OKC has already swapped with LA).

Obvious talent downgrade for the Nets, but I actually think that will make them better and it will also make LA better. 

I just think this team is much more likely to win the title than if they kept Irving

Starters - Beverley, Harden, Harris, Durant, Jordan
Main Rotation - Williams, Shamet, Green, Zubac
Deep Bench - Kabengele, Brown, Mann, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Johnson, Claxton

Similarly, I think the Clippers are also more likely to win the title (obviously they need a few players in this situation as they would have 10, but I think they can find some players that would sign up for a shot at a title fairly easily)

Starters - Irving, George, Leonard, Morris, Ibaka
Main Rotation - Kennard, Jackson, Batum, Patterson
Deep Bench - Otoro

So the Clippers would want to bring in a radioactive kyrie Irving into their locker room because......? He’s completely unreliable and unstable.  The Clipps have been rolling. I don’t think they would sabotage themselves like that.
They aren't good enough to beat the other LA, with Kyrie they might be.

Well, they already played each other this season and the Clippers won. They have a new coach, added better players and have been playing terrific basketball. They are the biggest threat to the Lakers and certainly have a chance to beat them in the playoffs.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 09:14:52 AM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2021, 09:19:47 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I think the Nets should trade Irving to the Clippers.

The Nets need bodies and I think Irving will only cause problems and provides nothing they don't get from Harden who is quite simply better than him.

Irving for Beverley, Williams, Zubac, Kabengele, Mann, 2021 pick swap, 2023 pick swap (the pick swaps are after OKC has already swapped with LA).

Obvious talent downgrade for the Nets, but I actually think that will make them better and it will also make LA better. 

I just think this team is much more likely to win the title than if they kept Irving

Starters - Beverley, Harden, Harris, Durant, Jordan
Main Rotation - Williams, Shamet, Green, Zubac
Deep Bench - Kabengele, Brown, Mann, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Johnson, Claxton

Similarly, I think the Clippers are also more likely to win the title (obviously they need a few players in this situation as they would have 10, but I think they can find some players that would sign up for a shot at a title fairly easily)

Starters - Irving, George, Leonard, Morris, Ibaka
Main Rotation - Kennard, Jackson, Batum, Patterson
Deep Bench - Otoro

So the Clippers would want to bring in a radioactive kyrie Irving into their locker room because......? He’s completely unreliable and unstable.  The Clipps have been rolling. I don’t think they would sabotage themselves like that.
They aren't good enough to beat the other LA, with Kyrie they might be.

Well, they already played each other this season and the Clippers won. They have a new coach, added better players and have been playing terrific basketball. They are the biggest threat to the Lakers and certainly have a chance to beat them in the playoffs.
Won't beat the Lakers in the playoffs though.  And I'm not so sure that collectively Kennard, Batum, and Ibaka are greater than Shamet, Harkless, and Harrell.  They have a lot of people on the wrong side of 30 as well and we are seeing those effects at least in some players as Williams production has dropped off big time.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #227 on: January 22, 2021, 09:52:11 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
about to lose to the cavs again

« Reply #228 on: January 22, 2021, 09:56:30 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
about to lose to the cavs again

Yes! Excellent news. Tp to you  :D

Gotta watch out for those Cavs. They will sneak up on you...
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #229 on: January 22, 2021, 10:05:59 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Kyrie determined not to be the Chris Bosh of the Nets he’s showing Harden who’s boss
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #230 on: January 22, 2021, 11:06:41 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Every game they play it becomes more apparent they need to trade Irving. 

And on another note, the Cavs actually look respectable now that Sexton and Garland are back and they've added Allen.  They have a nice little rotation, even if they get nothing from Love.  Could certainly make the playoffs this year and offensively they can be scary.  Need work defensively, but Okoro and Allen are a good start for that going forward.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2021, 01:34:27 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Kyrie is at it again with his arrogance. He guarantees finals and everyone will talk about him and the others no matter what. I guess I just did! 😂

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kyrie-irving-calms-nets-fans-after-twogame-losing-streak-we-will-be-on-that-stage-171441704.html

« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2021, 01:47:11 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
They are in trouble. They have a disastrous defense, and to improve that, they need to lean heavily on Kevin Durant, which is very dangerous, and push Harden and Irving to work harder, which is very dangerous.

The only way out is getting rid of Kyrie and talking someone into giving them a complimentary 2 way player in return. Who in their right mind would do a deal for that?

« Reply #233 on: January 23, 2021, 07:09:12 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Every game they play it becomes more apparent they need to trade Irving. 

And on another note, the Cavs actually look respectable now that Sexton and Garland are back and they've added Allen.  They have a nice little rotation, even if they get nothing from Love.  Could certainly make the playoffs this year and offensively they can be scary.  Need work defensively, but Okoro and Allen are a good start for that going forward.

I wouldn’t mind having Jarrett Allen with the Cs, personally...he’s be a great add. Can’t trade for him for a while though. If Timelord ends up being a Jarrett Allen clone this year I will be happy.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #234 on: January 23, 2021, 09:10:43 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
Joe Harris and Jeff Green are benefitting from the open looks generated by the big 3. The Nets seem to play better when KD and Harden are on the floor together. Trading Kyrie may actually make this team more cohesive and dangerous.

« Reply #235 on: January 23, 2021, 09:40:25 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Joe Harris and Jeff Green are benefitting from the open looks generated by the big 3. The Nets seem to play better when KD and Harden are on the floor together. Trading Kyrie may actually make this team more cohesive and dangerous.

So.... trade Kemba and a first for Kyrie...

« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2021, 09:56:26 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Been watching a few Net games.

Could really use Jeff Green on our roster.

His skill set finally works well in the NBA. Become a very reliable 3 point shooter.

« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2021, 10:09:02 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
They are in trouble. They have a disastrous defense, and to improve that, they need to lean heavily on Kevin Durant, which is very dangerous, and push Harden and Irving to work harder, which is very dangerous.

The only way out is getting rid of Kyrie and talking someone into giving them a complimentary 2 way player in return. Who in their right mind would do a deal for that?

The Knicks would go after Kyrie still I bet. I wonder if they’re the only team that would.

« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2021, 10:59:08 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

The Knicks would go after Kyrie still I bet. I wonder if they’re the only team that would.

I think Thibs would resign lol. Can you imagine him trying to coach Kyrie. 😂

« Reply #239 on: January 24, 2021, 03:42:21 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Been watching a few Net games.

Could really use Jeff Green on our roster.

His skill set finally works well in the NBA. Become a very reliable 3 point shooter.
Yeah I wanted us to go for him in the summer with the minimum exception, he's become a really solid swing who can defend, shoot and put the ball on the floor.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA