Author Topic: Isn't Jaylen Brown Very Similar to Justice Winslow?  (Read 5532 times)

Isn't Jaylen Brown Very Similar to Justice Winslow?
« on: June 13, 2016, 04:37:35 PM »

Offline BostonBurbs

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
If all of the rumors about the proposed trade last year where Danny Ainge was willing to give up a ton of assets to draft Justice Winslow are true, then I have to think that if we keep #3, we will pick Brown.

To me, Jaylen Brown is another Justice Winslow...  Strong, good D, and needs work on his shooting.

Not that I have a problem with this pick, as his aggressiveness and smarts will fit right into the Celtics system.

Agree?

Re: Isn't Jaylen Brown Very Similar to Justice Winslow?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 04:50:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If all of the rumors about the proposed trade last year where Danny Ainge was willing to give up a ton of assets to draft Justice Winslow are true, then I have to think that if we keep #3, we will pick Brown.

To me, Jaylen Brown is another Justice Winslow...  Strong, good D, and needs work on his shooting.

Not that I have a problem with this pick, as his aggressiveness and smarts will fit right into the Celtics system.

Agree?

No , other than strength and height/wingspan (good).  Both are not great ball handlers (bad)

Winslow has a better feel for game, better jump shot (for now), better defender ( focused).  Has also a ncaa title under his belt

Brown is more explosive, better slasher. If he can put it together , has a higher ceiling due to his explosivness plus strength.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 04:51:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Agree?

No , other than strength and height/wingspan (good).  Both are not great ball handlers (bad)

Winslow has a better feel for game, better jump shot (for now), better defender ( focused).  Has also a ncaa title under his belt

Brown is more explosive, better slasher. If he can put it together , has a higher ceiling due to his explosivness plus strength.

Agree.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Jaylen Brown will never be an all star IMO. Murray will be. Dunn may me an all star. Take the all star.

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 05:51:58 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Agree?

Triboy,  you confuse me.

Are you pro-Brown or not?

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 06:26:27 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Winslow was an extraordinarily good NCAA defender, and he has been awesome on that end in the NBA. Brown is also a strong athletic wing, but he lacks Winslow's defensive skill level. He can still be very good on that end, but that's the difference between these two guys.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 06:39:58 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I don't understand where Brown is getting all this hype as an NBA defender... I only ever noticed people attacking him and blowing by him when I watched Cal.

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 06:44:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
delete

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 01:25:22 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Is this supposed to be a compliment, lol?

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 03:48:18 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Danny wanted Winslow at 4 last year. And then he wanted him at 9 too.

They're similar players imo, with Brown being more athletic, but Winslow being more defensive.

I'd bet that Danny takes Brown 3rd if he can't trade the pick.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 04:08:36 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Jaylen Brown will never be an all star IMO. Murray will be. Dunn may me an all star. Take the all star.

I think Brown has a better chance of becoming an All-Star then Murray does.

I think Dunn has a better chance then either of them.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 06:29:11 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40

I think Brown has a better chance of becoming an All-Star then Murray does.

I think Dunn has a better chance then either of them.

I agree Dunn> brown > Murray

I think Dunn is the bpa at 3
I'm starting not to mind brown only things that worries me is

defense as he was a mediocre defender in college
and his offense development as if he doesn't develop offensively he pretty much becomes jeff green
A guy with all the potential, and physical tools but rarely comes out for big games

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 06:49:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don't understand where Brown is getting all this hype as an NBA defender... I only ever noticed people attacking him and blowing by him when I watched Cal.

Unfocused and cal is a mediocre team

Brown could of gone to duke or kentucky instead. Prob would of been more focused on the defensive end