Author Topic: What can trading Rozier can get us? (Wants $20 million per season)  (Read 16308 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Starting this thread as kyrie now announces he intends to resign.

Trading rozier instead of letting him walk could bring back another good player or asset. The question is - is it worth it to risk trading rozier and getting someone slightly worse (because he is expiring, I don’t know if you get equal value)

I was thinking it could be like Bradley-for-Morris deal, getting a solid rotation player. But I feel like we swindled Detroit there and it wasn’t fair deal lol
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 10:19:31 AM by Roy H. »

Re: What can trading Rozier can get us?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 09:06:52 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Reunite the Morris twins and get Marcus to take another discount contract before trading his brother to the Hawks.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 09:10:22 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Reunite the Morris twins and get Marcus to take another discount contract before trading his brother to the Hawks.
lol

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 09:48:00 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!
I think the offer would have to be really good for Ainge to trade away Scary Terry. Should be interesting.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 09:48:01 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I think we have to wait to see how the team looks.  If it looks like Rozier might be what pushes into true title contention and we can't get much for him as an expiring, I might say keep him.

But if we know Kyrie is coming back and we're priced out with Terry, I can see DA inquiring. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 09:55:07 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I've said it before, but I wouldn't be so sure Rozier is going to be the one to go between him and Smart. We have Rozier's RFA rights and a lot of teams will have cap space next off-season; there are probably a number of teams who would be happy to acquire Smart for a minimal return should Danny choose Rozier over Smart.

There is always the possibility that Hayward just never meshes and Smart proves an ability to play more SF and we sign Rozier and trade away Hayward.

You just never know. Let's not pack Terry's bags just yet.

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 10:04:44 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
The Suns could really use a PG for the future, but I don’t know if they would ever trade with us again after we fleeced them in the Thomas trade. Lol

I’d rather just keep and re-sign Rozier as well.   He can share the court with Irving at times.  He can be a top notch bench player for us, or a middle of the pack starting PG somewhere else.

We’ll know either way how deep into the tax ownership is willing to go if we trade or keep Rozier going into next offseason.

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 11:20:21 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I think it gets us shorthanded at guard depth.

Better to sign him for a reasonable contract and keep him through our championship contender window. We will knoe next season if such a thing exists for us. He will remain very tradeable if we need to unload salary for somw reason.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 08:39:49 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
I could be wrong, but i see this as the best situation for Terry. Personally, I think he's an excellent bench guy. Maybe even 6th man of the year good. But that's it. He's got a lot of energy, handles the ball pretty well, and can shot a bit.
Guess I'm missing something, but I just don't see him as a starting point guard an a championship team. To me he's more of a Lou Williams kind of guy.
I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 08:43:11 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I could be wrong, but i see this as the best situation for Terry. Personally, I think he's an excellent bench guy. Maybe even 6th man of the year good. But that's it. He's got a lot of energy, handles the ball pretty well, and can shot a bit.
Guess I'm missing something, but I just don't see him as a starting point guard an a championship team. To me he's more of a Lou Williams kind of guy.
This is exactly how I see it. Unless he makes some major jump this year, off the bench suits him perfectly
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 08:51:44 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
This is exactly how I see it. Unless he makes some major jump this year, off the bench suits him perfectly
Terry defends and has more than 1 hit point (Lue Will.)
Big difference in my book.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 09:12:11 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I wonder what people would think of Rozier+ 1st round pick (Celtics) and a second rounder for Mikal Bridges?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 09:22:05 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I think if we want to challenge Warriors or anyone of that level in comming years, we should have both of them, Irving and Rozier.

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 09:24:27 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Terry defends and has more than 1 hit point (Lue Will.)
Big difference in my book.

Have to disagree on the defense part. I thought he had a hard time staying in front of the guys he was guarding. He's a better off the ball guy, jumping lanes, steals, etc. While he's probably not as bad as Irving playing man on man, I certainly don't see it as his strength.

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 09:33:09 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
a mid-first round pick or equivalent level of player. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip