Author Topic: Celtics call up Giddens and Walker  (Read 5356 times)

Re: Celtics call up Giddens and Walker
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 06:08:51 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
DA also stated that it will also give the coaching staff a chance to reevaluate them while they are here.
Maybe DA is about to make a move and will need to fill a spot if he make s a two for one trade or maybe he is involving one or two of these guys and a vet. So say he was moving BBD Scal and Priutt (just examples) and getting one guy in return he would need both of them to fill out the roster spots.

Who knows, we are all probably reading a little to much in to this.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 06:15:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
After seeing what Pruitt brought to the game last night while TA was out, I'd like to see if these 2 can get a little burn to see if they can bring some energy and defense in short minutes.  House hasn't been helping much lately so let's see if someone else can provide scoring from the backcourt.

As for them being trade fodder, I'm leaning the other way on it.  I would not be surprised to see a minor move made where maybe Starbury joins the team with Sam becoming a fulltime coach and possibly a Baby/2nd round pick (or 2) for Joe Smith.  Depending on how they do in the post season, I figure everyone but Powe and Ray with an expiring contract (House, TA, Scal and maybe Baby if he's still here for a sign and trade and possibly POB) get moved for a solid vet 4/5 player with a few years on their contract.  If Ray doesn't get it back in gear this year, figure him to be moved too.  Pruitt, Giddens and Walker offer more athleticism and cheaper contracts while going after an MLE player or two (in a salary split) in the offseason.

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 06:16:56 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/56480/20090108/celtics_recall_giddens_and_walker/

Definitely good news, can't be any worse they Tony Allen

and if they are worse than TA they have an excuse, Tony is a four year veteran.

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 06:20:35 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i think if he says they are just here "getting some rest and having injuries looked at" that means that he doesn't want to call them up, becuase you can only send players back and forth so many times, but now if we need them they are right here with the team, not out in the middle Utah.

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 06:45:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
great news. I thought we had only one spot left because tony is injured but i guess not.

They need time on the court. Ainge is not bringing these guys up for no reason. If they play no mins or garbage time , we lose and they get sent back, doc is the only one going to be screwed

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 06:55:40 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
If this is what Danny and Doc have decided then I'm all for it.

I love Bill Walker's exciting style. Should be fun to watch if he gets some minutes.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2009, 06:58:34 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
i think if he says they are just here "getting some rest and having injuries looked at" that means that he doesn't want to call them up, becuase you can only send players back and forth so many times, but now if we need them they are right here with the team, not out in the middle Utah.
Good chance you could be right, I hadnt looked at it that way.  8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2009, 07:43:37 PM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
would have loved to see walker get some burn against artest.  I mean artest would have toasted him but walker would have put up with any of his s...