Author Topic: Pull Yourself Back, Accept These Facts, And Then Relax A Bit  (Read 4014 times)

Re: Pull Yourself Back, Accept These Facts, And Then Relax A Bit
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 06:26:59 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
very thoughtful post.

most of the Celts championship groups suffered thru some mid-season malaise - i remember the Cowens' teams always hit a lull in january. i'd rather they struggle now and finish strong than bust their guts trying to win 70 games.

however ............... this team definitely needs to add a key bench player in order to repeat. the team that won last year had two very good players who contributed significantly who are now gone. you have to replace that production and tony allen is not the answer - plain & simple TA is not good enough to be the key 6th man on a championship team. sorry tony, i love your effort, but the ability and savvy are not there.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Re: Pull Yourself Back, Accept These Facts, And Then Relax A Bit
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 07:02:04 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Good post.  The only thing I really agree with is #4... I think there are pieces available that could assist, mostly in vet buyouts.  There is trade potential but not much.

However, without adding some veteran piece to fix the size problem or the scoring/backup PG problem... I don't know if this team can really hope to beat the competition barring good luck (Lebron falls down the stairs?).  Not unless the big three is saving up for a truly heroic post season of 45 minute games, anyways.  And that IS a possibility.