Author Topic: Fire Doc....Hire Tommy!  (Read 3217 times)

Fire Doc....Hire Tommy!
« on: April 29, 2008, 12:30:34 AM »

Offline trueceltic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
This team played like they were Utah. RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pierce should've been on Joe Johnson. No excuses Doc. Ray Allen BACK OFF!!!!!!!!!!! for the millionth time. Who does he think he is? Kobe?! Joe JOhnson isn't going to shoot a 35 footer. Then Doc doesn't call any timeouts. UGH!!!!!!!!! Frustrating night to say the least.

Get rid of Doc and hire Tommy. He won't teach defense but that's what you go Thibadeau for. I tried to believe in Doc but it didn't take long. I'm sick right now

All I know is that Garden better be a mosh pit on Wednesday night. I have no doubt that will happen. Come on! Let's GO! STEP UP!

Re: Fire Doc....Hire Tommy!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:02:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
everyone chant with me!

fire doc fire doc fire doc hey fire doc fire doc hey! fire doc fire doc!!

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 02:28:11 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
how do you sign this guy to a 3 year extension?? Honestly ainge should be mchaled and take care of this mess after doc is sent home. (i would have only signed him up on a year by year contract basis)

Rivers is playing the big three way too much, WAY TOO MUCH. And also he lets the big three play 1 on 1 crap almost all of the 4th quarter and its stupid basketball at its best.

His job is to be a coach. Normal coaches would trust his bench, (meaning obryant, pruitt) , Leave some of the bench guys to play in crucial moments when they are hot, not overplay your stars(they will never want to sit down so its his duty), and if you lose even after these simple basic steps , its ainges job to get better resources.

Everyone complains the bench sucks but guys like obryant, pruitt, walker, giddens haven't been utilized one bit, so how do we actually know how balanced we would be if they were given a chance to play.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 03:04:55 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i think you guys are a little overboard, this team not doing good has to do with the teams mentality and their ability to go out and play hard. if anything....

CUT KG....SIGN TOMMY! picture him in uniform setting hard screens out at the top, then arguing with everyone that it wasn't a foul. that'd fire up everybody.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 06:16:28 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
how do you sign this guy to a 3 year extension?? Honestly ainge should be mchaled and take care of this mess after doc is sent home. (i would have only signed him up on a year by year contract basis)

I think you sign a coach who wins you a CHAMPIONSHIP for as long as you can.
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 07:53:03 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
DOC IS NOT THE PROBLEM HERE.......the players are.  ainge does the grocery shopping, doc makes what he can with what ainge bought.

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 07:55:58 AM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117

Thibadeau?
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 08:14:14 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Thibadeau?

Ive asked this as a devils advocate in other threads.

Considering anti-doc posters want to give doc no credit for anything having to do with the defense, why is it that when the defense struggles as badly as it is right now its all his fault and not tibs?

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 08:18:41 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
This team played like they were Utah. RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pierce should've been on Joe Johnson. No excuses Doc. Ray Allen BACK OFF!!!!!!!!!!! for the millionth time. Who does he think he is? Kobe?! Joe JOhnson isn't going to shoot a 35 footer. Then Doc doesn't call any timeouts. UGH!!!!!!!!! Frustrating night to say the least.

Get rid of Doc and hire Tommy. He won't teach defense but that's what you go Thibadeau for. I tried to believe in Doc but it didn't take long. I'm sick right now

All I know is that Garden better be a mosh pit on Wednesday night. I have no doubt that will happen. Come on! Let's GO! STEP UP!

everyone chant with me!

fire doc fire doc fire doc hey fire doc fire doc hey! fire doc fire doc!!

Rivers is playing the big three way too much, WAY TOO MUCH. And also he lets the big three play 1 on 1 crap almost all of the 4th quarter and its stupid basketball at its best.

His job is to be a coach. Normal coaches would trust his bench, (meaning obryant, pruitt) , Leave some of the bench guys to play in crucial moments when they are hot, not overplay your stars(they will never want to sit down so its his duty), and if you lose even after these simple basic steps , its ainges job to get better resources.

Everyone complains the bench sucks but guys like obryant, pruitt, walker, giddens haven't been utilized one bit, so how do we actually know how balanced we would be if they were given a chance to play.

Maestro, while your smily thingy was humorous, it did contain an acronym with profanity in it, and thus is not allowable  :-* - redz
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:43:16 AM by Redz »

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 08:27:05 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
 ::)
I'm sticking up for doc again.
He is doing a good job of getting everyone minutes and keeping our "old timers" minutes down.  its a long season!
as long as he shortens the rotation when it matters

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 08:31:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I can see over reacting to the nth degree is going to be ruling the day until we can put together a few wins. Doc is doing what he can to stop this but the effort on the floor is the problem. I think they're tired and possibly sick. But that's just my opinion.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 08:41:48 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I actually think Doc is part of the problem right now, but hire Tommy? LOL
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 09:38:50 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Docs not the problem, why is it when they win, he is a great manager of egos, and the best after timeout play-caller in the NBA, and leads this team to a championship, but when they lose he is terrible?

I think Doc needs to try something different on Friday to throw the Cavs off, something they aren't expecting at all. What that may be, I have no idea, if I did maybe I'd be on the bench, and you guys would be calling for me to be fired.

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 09:51:41 AM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
I like Doc. I think he is all class. Unfortunetly I feel the Celtics would have won the title last year with almost anyone at the helm. Doc is too slow to make adjustments and when he does sometimes it the wrong one.(see Pruitt last night).
Doc is definetly a few notches below the top coaches in the league. Jackson, Popovich, Larry Brown. Its too bad we prolly will never see what Tommy could do with this team.

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 01:57:01 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Great points but left out the horrible job Ainge did this off-season. He was hoping Posey would resign & when posey choose to move on he PANICKED. Signed BOB
"I told him if he goes down to the D-League and isn't a dominant player, there should be red flags all over the place, and he should be the first to notice," Nelson said

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20070125/ai_n17165586

Ainge should've seen the signs but who knows maybe he improved since his rookie year NOT. TA is another Ainge signee & he was so adamant that TA & house could complement each other with Posey's departure. We had BirdMan in our pocket but let him go, and we should've tried harder on Poseylike Matt Barnes. Another person who is doing a horrible job lately is Doc. Why does he has to be so stubborn? Change things up once in while. Every game is different, Every opponent is different so if a rotation doesn't work CHANGE IT!