Author Topic: Big Miss on Blatche  (Read 10318 times)

Re: Big Miss on Blatche
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 08:29:58 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Nope.

He is still the same knucklehead. He just hasn't done anything yet this season.

I think you are in denial. Surely he would be better than an empty roster spot...

No.  I had to watch him living in the DC area.  Guys like this tease their fans by playing well and behaving well for stints, but eventually, they knucklehead up.
maybe he was a knucklehead because he was on the Wizards and they are all knuckleheads without veteran leadership and a coaching staff that lets them do it.  Javelle McGee seems to be a vastly different player away from Washington.  Maybe all Blatche needed was to get away.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 08:53:22 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Blatche has been good.  Although his public complaining and excuse making about the Wizards doesn't give me much confidence that you can rely on him not to be a headcase in the longrun. 

Not to mention, I just am not sure how well he would have reacted to playing with KG (or vice versa).  The Nets are kind of embracing the bad boy image, and he is fitting in well with that, but on the C's, I think a lot of the stuff he does wouldn't go over nearly as well.

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 09:19:42 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Nope.

I think you are in denial. Surely he would be better than an empty roster spot...

No.  I had to watch him living in the DC area.  Guys like this tease their fans by playing well and behaving well for stints, but eventually, they knucklehead up.
maybe he was a knucklehead because he was on the Wizards and they are all knuckleheads without veteran leadership and a coaching staff that lets them do it.  Javelle McGee seems to be a vastly different player away from Washington.  Maybe all Blatche needed was to get away.

McGee was immature.  Maybe the right coach can fix that.  He can be basketball dumb on the court.

Blatche is full blown knucklehead.  He is the one coaches bench for the lack of defense.  He is the one that heads to AC when the coach suspends him, and proudly tweets about it.

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 09:24:42 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Nope.

I would much prefer the empty roster spot over Blatche. He is still a bum and always will be. Yes he had a good game last night against a team that didnt show up, but it could have been even better but he missed 3 wide open layups and made some careless plays and dumb fouls.

Come on man. What Blatche did last night is probably more than Collins will bring at any point in the season.

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 09:28:45 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
We need big Physical players like Cousins and Gortat to fill the paint.   KG is too old and skinny and unwilling to get killed at his age and I don't blame him.

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2012, 09:29:53 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Nope.

I would much prefer the empty roster spot over Blatche. He is still a bum and always will be. Yes he had a good game last night against a team that didnt show up, but it could have been even better but he missed 3 wide open layups and made some careless plays and dumb fouls.

All players make careless plays and dumb fouls.

I don't know man, but I'd rather have that bum's 9 points, 5 rebounds, 45% shooting in 17 minutes over an empty roster spot, heck, over Collins.

The man is on a mission to fix his NBA image. Yes that Washington thing and bashing them was dumb but nothing really happened other than that. He lost weight, he's not lazy on the defensive end anymore and he's playing really good basketball in that role.

And we can't use the "well of course he's playing good, he's under a non guaranteed contract" excuse. Washington is still paying his previous contract. He will make 7 million even if he doesn't play. This man is really realizing how much he wasted and is now trying to fix it.

I believe we any let that image of his out of our head. But hey, so far outside of one dumb move he's been good.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 09:34:54 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I think its a complete joke that people are stillin denial about this Blatche thing. He was extremely low risk high reward guy. If it was that big a deal we could have cut him like Darko.

If you are going to hate on Blatche forever than just admit it. There are some people that hate Varejao, pau Gasol, kobe and wouldn't ever want them on the C's but at least they admit they are being irrational.

Give ne a break Sheed wasn't the biggest friggen knucklehead? Zach Randolph wasn't? Mayne they didn't verbatim say and do identical things to Blatche but they are insane knuckleheads.

People still faun over Delonte West and were when he was on this team punching guys in the face. So hypocritical.

Oh yeah big baby knucklehead.

The way some of you talk about blatche makes it seem like you don't even think he's good enough for your ymca league.

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2012, 09:35:25 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Nope.

McGee was immature.  Maybe the right coach can fix that.  He can be basketball dumb on the court.

Blatche is full blown knucklehead.  He is the one coaches bench for the lack of defense.  He is the one that heads to AC when the coach suspends him, and proudly tweets about it.

Commish, Avery Johnson seems to not have a problem with him. He WAS all you said. And he can still be, he was amnestied, he gets paid by Wahington, playing or not. he could have Lap Dance Tuesdays and Donut Shop galore all day, and yet there he is playing good, in shape, giving effort. He's trying to fix his NBA image. I believe this realize his mistake.

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I think its a complete joke that people are stillin denial about this Blatche thing. He was extremely low risk high reward guy. If it was that big a deal we could have cut him like Darko.

If you are going to hate on Blatche forever than just admit it. There are some people that hate Varejao, pau Gasol, kobe and wouldn't ever want them on the C's but at least they admit they are being irrational.

Give ne a break Sheed wasn't the biggest friggen knucklehead? Zach Randolph wasn't? Mayne they didn't verbatim say and do identical things to Blatche but they are insane knuckleheads.

People still faun over Delonte West and were when he was on this team punching guys in the face. So hypocritical.

Oh yeah big baby knucklehead.

The way some of you talk about blatche makes it seem like you don't even think he's good enough for your ymca league.

I really believe part of it is his image. He sure was a knucklehead.

But I agree, a lot is still in denial that we missed a, like you said, a low risk, high reward guy. It's certainly paying dividends to Brooklyn right now. Most of them still go back to the old @DrayBaltche and not look at what he's been doing right now.

Although, the bashing of the Wizards is not helping, really not. But other than that, he's been a different player. A solid contributor. And a lot of them denies it.

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 10:16:22 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Nope.

I see some of this. I think all those guys in the middle of the Arenas gun thing needed to get away. They immediately shipped out all their veteran leaders afterwards (Butler, Haywood, Stevenson, Jamison) and never brought in maturity afterwards. When you have immature and young players, you need mature veterans to offset that.

Clearly there was a lot going on in Washington and more to the story. Just look at all the trades and contracts the Wizards have done. It's a poorly run organization.

Sounds like Blatche was somewhat of a scapegoat.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 10:23:08 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Nope.

Commish, Avery Johnson seems to not have a problem with him. He WAS all you said. And he can still be, he was amnestied, he gets paid by Wahington, playing or not. he could have Lap Dance Tuesdays and Donut Shop galore all day, and yet there he is playing good, in shape, giving effort. He's trying to fix his NBA image. I believe this realize his mistake.

Yet.

He did this in DC.  Runs of good play followed by the coach/team asking him to stay away.

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 10:32:21 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Seems fairly similar to his strong play while with the Wizards. I don't see why this is surprising. It's about par for the course.

Maybe a little more rebounding but that probably won't last.

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 10:39:33 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Nope.

Come on man. What Blatche did last night is probably more than Collins will bring at any point in the season.

If Collins played for the Nets he probably could have done what Blatche did against us.

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
An utter and total miss by the C's to not pick him up. We're holding some bonehead comments against him? Who cares? Delonte did that kind of stuff all the time and we never minded him being on the floor.

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 11:52:59 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
An utter and total miss by the C's to not pick him up. We're holding some bonehead comments against him? Who cares? Delonte did that kind of stuff all the time and we never minded him being on the floor.

Delonte West was my least favorite Celtic from the past 10 years. On the court and off.