Author Topic: Tatum and Brown have small hands?  (Read 3180 times)

Re: Tatum and Brown have small hands?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2022, 02:37:23 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Fake news. 😂

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2022, 03:29:04 PM »

Offline terra haute

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18

Jaylen Brown 8.75" from bottom of hand to middle finger. And width is only 9" from pinky to thumb. My hand is 9.5" in width for comparison and I'm three inches shorter than JB.

Tatum there is no measurements I could find, but they look smaller than brown by quite a bit. Also frail and weak looking. 

Could explain why he loses it in traffic and Tatum cups the ball going up for dunks.

Kobe has smaller hands, Jordan, Kawaii,  Lebron on the extra large size. Definitely has its advantages.

Malcolm Brogdon has big mitts at 10.25" handspan. Thoughts on this?

Wow, I'm 5-8 and a bit wider and  a bit shorter to middle finger. Always knew mine were big for my height but surprising. Not sure how big a factor it actually is   

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2022, 03:45:59 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
T.J. McConnell has the smallest hands measured at the combine 7 inches. He averaged 1 TO per game for his career.

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2022, 03:51:03 PM »

Offline terra haute

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
T.J. McConnell has the smallest hands measured at the combine 7 inches. He averaged 1 TO per game for his career.

Wow that is hard to imagine, I do think its more usage  and grip as well. I think Brown's TO issues are less about hand size vs technique. Mugsy Bogues hands had to be a lot smalletr than his.

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2022, 08:03:10 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I can see where small hands can be a detriment, but I would also suggest that having a couple more guys who can consistenly knock down 3's will do wonders for Jaylen's handle - because the floor will open up.

Yes but unfortunately it's a sad reality.  It puts a certain cap in how good these guys can truly be.

Let's hope Tatum was tired, but I think Jaylen needs to become our Paul Pierce in the big games because Tatum is just not quick enough.

Paul had an old man, slow-n-go game. Tatum is plenty quick enough.

Tatum gets stripped because he extends his arms out hunting for fouls and exposes the ball. He turns the ball over instead of getting the foul. He needs to protect the ball and only extend to shoot it.

Jaylen needs to stop trying to split 2 defenders when driving. He doesn’t pick up his dribble to shoot and gets stripped instead.

It’s poor recognition of the situation that they keep repeating more than athletic ability.

Not true. Paul Pierces first step was so much faster than Tatums

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2022, 09:45:50 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280