Poll

Would you trade Brown + White + #1 for Durant?

Yes
13 (28.9%)
No
32 (71.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: New Celtics / Durant rumor  (Read 59343 times)

Re: New Celtics / Durant rumor
« Reply #615 on: August 18, 2022, 02:10:07 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Windhorst: So from what I can gather, it appears he and the Nets are looking forward to meeting up in training camp. Whether Kevin Durant is there and his level of buy-in, that’s the big question. But right now, I think the Nets want to run this team back and they’re hoping Kevin Durant agrees. The way they’re conducting trade talks and the prices they are asking has teams out there thinking they don’t really want to trade Kevin Durant anyway. They want to bring this team back. We’ll see if Kevin Durant goes along with that in training camp.

I agree with this conclusion.  BKN does not want to trade Durant and never did.

“Marks is still asking for the world; that won’t change,” one front office executive texted late last week. “They could call his bluff and make him come to camp. I can’t see him sitting out.” – via Sam Amick @ The Athletic

That'll make the Nets instant title contenders this season if KD stays.

KD/Irving/Simmons and some of their other guys are no pushovers

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #616 on: August 18, 2022, 09:50:31 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Windhorst: So from what I can gather, it appears he and the Nets are looking forward to meeting up in training camp. Whether Kevin Durant is there and his level of buy-in, that’s the big question. But right now, I think the Nets want to run this team back and they’re hoping Kevin Durant agrees. The way they’re conducting trade talks and the prices they are asking has teams out there thinking they don’t really want to trade Kevin Durant anyway. They want to bring this team back. We’ll see if Kevin Durant goes along with that in training camp.

“Marks is still asking for the world; that won’t change,” one front office executive texted late last week. “They could call his bluff and make him come to camp. I can’t see him sitting out.” – via Sam Amick @ The Athletic

Said it a lot so far, but KD would be a fool to waste a year with Kyrie & Ben Simmons. Those two have repeatedly demonstrated that they have no shame in destroying organizations. The only pitch I'd ever listen to as KD is one that talks about what offers they've got lined up to get those 2 out the door. Ideally for anyone resembling a starter in the NBA. These are not legitimate professionals at all.

If the Nets were a stock they're at the lowest point right now since acquiring KD.
  • KD doesn't have enough trade value to net them anything more than JB + filler. Supposedly adding Marcus Smart or Robert Williams would have clinched the deal. Let that sink in. We're talking about roughly a top 20 player of all time with probably 2-3 good years left.
  • Kyrie is likely not getting anything of significant value and is a total parasite. Sure, he's a dream come true for teams looking to shed long term cap space for an expiring contract, maybe sell a few jerseys and sit him in a corner somewhere when he opens his mouth. But what legitimate contender is going to dedicate a quarter of their cap space to someone as predictably toxic as him? This isn't even a high risk high reward play. You already know you're getting no reward. He quit on the Cavs, the Celtics, TWICE on the Nets (COVID & the playoffs).. it's about as sure of a thing as you can get. Exactly only Kyrie can mess up a situation with KD & Harden + strong supporting cast, forcing everyone running to another city to escape. Barring injury, I can't think of a single other "star" in the NBA (maybe even historically) that could take that product and finish with a 1st round sweep. He has 0 regard for winning, his team, the fans, or anyone else around him.
  • Ben Simmons pulled a Fultz on the Sixers and then the Nets. He then had an opportunity to redeem himself during the playoffs when he was going to play in Game 4 but instead sat out with some ridiculous outfit enjoying himself while his team finished getting swept. The last time that he has played an NBA basketball game was the Game 7 loss with his iconic blunder. That was June 20, 2021. Over a year ago. What has he legitimately accomplished or how has he grown in the 6 years he's been in the NBA? IMO he's still overrated at his current trade value of "starter + picks"

If they do end up all staying and your narrative becomes headline news about how they're special, elite players and they have a "big 3," their stock is going to go up big time. That's when the smart money would short as hard as possible. They'll figure out a way to mess things up.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 09:59:08 PM by Erik »

« Reply #617 on: August 19, 2022, 03:44:40 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Are the Celtics confirming that Jaylen is staying?

https://mobile.twitter.com/celtics/status/1560706936462422016

« Reply #618 on: August 19, 2022, 04:24:51 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Are the Celtics confirming that Jaylen is staying?

https://mobile.twitter.com/celtics/status/1560706936462422016

Nope.  They’ll market JB even if he’s on the trade block.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #619 on: August 19, 2022, 07:14:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Does anyone else believe that the Nets are acting in bad faith? To their players and to other teams, leaking Celtics fake trade rumors, etc...

« Reply #620 on: August 19, 2022, 08:13:05 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Does anyone else believe that the Nets are acting in bad faith? To their players and to other teams, leaking Celtics fake trade rumors, etc...

Of course. And I'm sure it will impact how teams deal with them in the future as long as the current FO staff remain in place.

« Reply #621 on: August 20, 2022, 12:32:54 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Of course. And I'm sure it will impact how teams deal with them in the future as long as the current FO staff remain in place.
It seems like the rest of the NBA has gotten that feeling too.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #622 on: August 20, 2022, 03:52:30 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Simmons is actually a pushover

« Reply #623 on: August 20, 2022, 06:12:18 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
God please No durant.

« Reply #624 on: August 20, 2022, 06:41:17 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

It seems like the rest of the NBA has gotten that feeling too.

If they wanted to trade Kyrie or KD they'd be gone by now...

« Reply #625 on: August 20, 2022, 08:01:02 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Can the title of this thread please now be changed to "dead horse Celtics/Durant rumor"

« Reply #626 on: August 20, 2022, 08:42:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
As their futures in Brooklyn remain very much in doubt with the new season fast approaching, Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving worked out together on Saturday with Hawks guard Trae Young and a number of other NBA players including former Nets wing Caris LeVert and Heat guard Victor Oladipo.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #627 on: August 20, 2022, 09:08:46 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I agree that Nets never wanted to deal KD. They are just done with Irving.

« Reply #628 on: August 20, 2022, 11:29:05 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

« Reply #629 on: August 21, 2022, 01:08:12 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
man I can't wait until we can talk about actual basketball again, instead of bad rumors.

JKJB!  Ready to see another great season with Tatum and Brown!!!!!

KD can languish in Brooklyn for all I care.