Author Topic: Orioles' Adam Jones Berated by Racist Taunts at Fenway Park  (Read 28209 times)

Re: Orioles' Adam Jones Berated by Racist Taunts at Fenway Park
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I got some inside information. 34 kicked out that's somewhat normal. Mostly for smoking weed, Fighting, only 1 guy was yelling racist stuff and through Peanuts at him.
according to the red sox GM, 0 people were thrown out for racist stuff.

9 were thrown out for a fight, 20 for "drunkenness", 2 for weed, 2 for language that was specifically not racist, 1 for throwing peanuts at Jones.

Kennedy said 2-3 people have been tossed for language "in the past year or so"

Now you can be encouraged by this, but you must also understand that while the 2-3 in the past year quote is probably meant to be a positive it also means that they dont toss most of the racist ****s, which is obviously distressing.

Jones said ~60 were saying racist ****, which is almost certainly an exaggeration but not one you can blame him for.

Tp Sports for the detailed analysis, however who knows what's true from the PR angle.

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2017, 06:14:48 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
“I was called the N-word a handful of times tonight,’’ Jones said disgustedly.

This day and age this alleged racist tirade would have been recorded and the person would have been doxed by now, so this did not happen. Jones is lying.

So you know ahead of time that someone is going to be dropping the N bomb at a player and have your phone out ready to capture it?

C'mon....   ::)   Stuff still flies under the radar and isn't captured electronically this day & age.

Every little confrontation that springs up is videotaped. "Handful of times", you mean to tell me you believe someone used that word, even once, at a public ballpark, and nobody got their phones out? I like facts, evidence or reliable eyewitnesses, Jones has none of those things on his side. Just a bunch of SJW's quick to pat themselves on the back and condemn racism. Well guess what? I condemn it too, when it actually exists.

Where's the video of the peanut throwing? The dudes smoking weed? The fights? The abusive language?

There were 30 ejections. How many were videotaped? Any? Doesn't that disprove your point?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2017, 06:17:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
i ve liked everyboby i ve met so far from Boston ......even if they do talk funny ..... ;D

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2017, 06:20:50 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
“I was called the N-word a handful of times tonight,’’ Jones said disgustedly.

This day and age this alleged racist tirade would have been recorded and the person would have been doxed by now, so this did not happen. Jones is lying.

So you know ahead of time that someone is going to be dropping the N bomb at a player and have your phone out ready to capture it?

C'mon....   ::)   Stuff still flies under the radar and isn't captured electronically this day & age.

Every little confrontation that springs up is videotaped. "Handful of times", you mean to tell me you believe someone used that word, even once, at a public ballpark, and nobody got their phones out? I like facts, evidence or reliable eyewitnesses, Jones has none of those things on his side. Just a bunch of SJW's quick to pat themselves on the back and condemn racism. Well guess what? I condemn it too, when it actually exists.

Where's the video of the peanut throwing? The dudes smoking weed? The fights? The abusive language?

There were 30 ejections. How many were videotaped? Any? Doesn't that disprove your point?

We are talking about multiple instances of an individual using the N-word, that's what Jones said, not me. If a person were to throw peanuts, then toss a beer, and then hurl a pizza at a player, I would expect at least the tail end of that to be recorded by someone seeking to provide WorldStar with more content. I would expect some eyewitnesses to step forward and say, "Yeah, this person was throwing a ton crap at the player", but alas, none of that has happened.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2017, 06:26:27 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Michael Smith and Jamelle Hill just went off on racism jn Boston and America.

Ooooph! That was a schelacking. On national TV it was just said that... Boston is the most racist city. It doesn't take courage to condemn this. Black players who go to Fenway know to expect this. All the people who said nothing are just as bad. Unacceptable is emptiest word in the English language. You don't have to use the n-word to be racist.

Bad look for our city right now. Funny thing is this is the most I heard Boston mentioned on Sportcenter in God know's how long.

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2017, 06:28:35 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
This fits perfectly into the narrative that ESPN has been pushing for years. We knew they were going to take it and run with it, regardless of it being fake news.

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2017, 06:30:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'm shocked...

.... no, not really. Has Bomani Jones weighed in yet?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2017, 06:45:51 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I'm shocked...

.... no, not really. Has Bomani Jones weighed in yet?

Bomani Jones is a fringe personality who has gone on record saying Stevie Wonder isn't blind. Jamelle Hill and Michael Smith have the 6PM Sportcenter slot which is one of the bigger platforms and sports and culture right now. It was a bad look for our city.

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2017, 07:09:34 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Jones up second, let's see how fans respond when he's announced...
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2017, 07:12:23 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Proud of this city.

EDIT: An ovation that went from sitting to standing and grew in intensity until Jones stepped out and acknowledged it.

EDIT: Sale soon whistles a fastball behind Machado to resume the Pedroia-Machado hostilities.

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2017, 07:28:13 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
Good for Jones, makes up a story, get national headlines and attention. No evidence, no witnesses, but some people just love the narrative so much that they will just sort of plow through the details.

Now a standing ovation at Fenway Park. Incredible. Lol. I just have to laugh this crap off at this point. See racism where it isn't there or just flat out make it up. That's America in 2017

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2017, 07:34:12 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Good for Jones, makes up a story, get national headlines and attention. No evidence, no witnesses, but some people just love the narrative so much that they will just sort of plow through the details.

Now a standing ovation at Fenway Park. Incredible. Lol. I just have to laugh this crap off at this point. See racism where it isn't there or just flat out make it up. That's America in 2017

Posters on SoSH who were there and who heard it confirmed it. There may or may not be a whole lotta racism being seen elsewhere that isn't really there in the world, but in this case it actually was there, Jones was called the n-word by some fan.

« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2017, 07:35:25 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

you sound like a terrible human being.

Greg

« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2017, 07:44:22 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Speaking of invented narratives used to push pre-existing grievances...

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2017, 07:52:37 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey