Author Topic: celtics trade Idea for star  (Read 3349 times)

celtics trade Idea for star
« on: February 02, 2015, 10:15:37 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l8zx5ek
 boston would send Brooklyn their 2016 first round pick for brook lopez and taking back wallace. I think they would do it because they want their pick back.
 would consider giving utah a late first round to smooth things over.

why Boston
we would give up our brooklyn pick, sully and maybe the clippers pick in exchange for  dumping wallaces contract and getting a star. we can use the star to help recruit others in FA. we unload money so we can offer max contracts we still get a pretty good draft pick. we can draft a center or a really good sf. we keep and develop smart and young.

why utah
well it's a gamble for them. lopez is a border line all star but an all star when healthy. sully is a border line all star who can become an all-star. they are in deep rebuild mode.  With this trade they could potentially have two all-star big men. this also helps give time to gobert who can get more playing time to develop.

SO what do you guys think?
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: celtics trade Idea for star
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 10:18:54 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I like Brook lopez, but I don't think BKN goes for it, if only because we made that trade with them in the first place.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 10:55:25 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I like this trade a lot for the Celts, I think Brooklyn would do it, but I am not sure if Utah would.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 11:47:43 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I like the idea of Favors in Green, but this trade is terrible for Utah.

Lopez is injury prone and a poor fit with Gobert and Kanter. If Utah is up for moving Favors why not just cut the Nets out of the deal and build the trade around sully and picks for favors?
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 10:43:52 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Utah would never do this....

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 09:23:43 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Boston would not either. Sully to me is as good as Favors.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 02:43:14 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

I disagree with this statement 100%, I think Favors is showing this season that he is a stud.  Take a look at his per 36 numbers, also if he left Utah his rebounding numbers would go up IMO as Kanter, Gobert, and Booker are all good rebounders.  He clearly has worked on his mid-range game this offseason as his fg% from 16+ feet out is up from 26.3% to 39.1%.  Plus he is only 23.

Favors per 36 minute stats
18.5 points, 9.6 boards, 1.9 blocks

If he improves his free throw shooting he is a 20/10 player, an absolute stud!  Which is why I doubt Utah would trade him yet.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 03:27:55 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

I disagree with this statement 100%, I think Favors is showing this season that he is a stud.  Take a look at his per 36 numbers, also if he left Utah his rebounding numbers would go up IMO as Kanter, Gobert, and Booker are all good rebounders.  He clearly has worked on his mid-range game this offseason as his fg% from 16+ feet out is up from 26.3% to 39.1%.  Plus he is only 23.

If he improves his free throw shooting he is a 20/10 player, an absolute stud!  Which is why I doubt Utah would trade him yet.
I love sully, but i agree

Favors' defense sets him apart
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 05:14:46 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

Both are bigs who aren't finished developing yet.  I don't think either player is available quite honestly, and it's because one is 22 and the other is 23.  Sky is the limit for both of these guys and as we are seeing, they both are getting better as we speak.

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 05:44:32 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Both are bigs who aren't finished developing yet.  I don't think either player is available quite honestly, and it's because one is 22 and the other is 23.  Sky is the limit for both of these guys and as we are seeing, they both are getting better as we speak.
Actually I think Sully could be available at the right price. His recent problems are not the first issues he has had. I also think we are not going to see much more from Sully than what you see now. Like any young player he will get better, but not a lot, IMO. That said, I do not think Utah makes this trade. 

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 06:58:47 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Utah would not do this

They consider favors a star

And getting Lopez and sully would decrease playing time for gobert and Kanter if they keep him

Utah would move favors to pf and gobert to c for their starting lineup