Poll

Outside of the C's, who are you routing for in the other three series?

Knicks
20 (17.9%)
Heat
12 (10.7%)
Warriors
19 (17%)
Lakers
11 (9.8%)
Nuggets
40 (35.7%)
Suns
10 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Who are you rooting for in the other series?  (Read 5236 times)

Re: Who are you rooting for in the other series?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2023, 06:03:17 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Call me crazy, but I would love Tatum and Brown’s first title to be vs our nemesis- Lebron. I am not rooting for the Lakers but yes, I want another rematch vs them in the Finals.

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2023, 07:05:09 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Call me crazy, but I would love Tatum and Brown’s first title to be vs our nemesis- Lebron. I am not rooting for the Lakers but yes, I want another rematch vs them in the Finals.

same
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2023, 08:33:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Knicks, Lakers, Nuggets.

The former 2 because I like our chances best against those 2. The latter because Jokic is my favourite non-Celtic, and I think they deserve a run now that they're healthy.

I'm not afraid of Miami, but I don't want to have a series of their routine cheating physicality to deal with. I also would love to see Lowry lose again and retire.

Warriors I am very wary of (duh). I don't think they're as fearsome as last season, but their ability to go supernova is worrying.

I dislike Phoenix immensely. Their two star players are unlikeable, their veteran PG is horribly unlikeable, and Ayton is a waste of talent, size and athleticism. I also would not want to deal with their shot-making.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2023, 10:54:02 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Only other team I am rooting for is the nuggets. Jokic such an incredible talent and considerably better player than Joel Embiid…would be an interesting/fresh finals matchup against whoever if they were to make it

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2023, 10:57:48 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
lakers are routing chef curry and his clowns right now
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2023, 11:03:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Suns because I fear them the least

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2023, 11:09:31 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Nuggets are a likeable bunch and easy to root for..there is no way id be rooting for the dang Fakers simply because its unfair enough that they have won 3 rings since 2009 and us only the 08 to show for... plus the Nuggets need to atleast have their first Finals appearace ...ever.

I dont even care bout the Suns, Warriors or cHeat.

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2023, 10:32:30 AM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Where is the vote for 3 seven game series. Ultimately fatigue and injuries are more important than who.

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2023, 11:54:53 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Knicks, Nuggets, & no one.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2023, 02:09:30 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
I'm blown away by the response to the Nuggets-Suns series. Is it pure hatred for the Suns? The Lakers recieved more votes than the Suns, on a Celtics site!
For me, it is more love for the Nuggets. I like the Suns and would be rooting for them against most other teams.

Yeah, the Lakers one surprised me too! I did not realize GSW was so disliked. Is this because they beat us the Finals last year? Or was this always the case?

I think the Nuggets have a pretty large neutral fan following because they play a pleasing style of basketball, and they haven't really been good enough/long enough for other fanbases to hate them out of spite. Their superstar doesn't have the baggage KD does either.

The Lakers/GSW surprises me the other way. I'm surprised so many want GSW to win. I'd think there'd be more bitterness over losing a championship to them just last year. But the hatred for the Lakers runs deep in Celtics fans.

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2023, 02:14:29 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
I think I selected Nuggets, and Knicks, just because those two teams haven't made a bit splash in the playoffs for a while, or ever.
But the more I think about it, I don't give a rats blank who wins these other series.

If Miami wins, and we face them in the ECF, great.  Lets show them how much of a better team they are.  If GS wins the west, we get to exorcise those demons from last years collapse.  If LAL win the west, we get to end Lebron's maybe last big playoff run and strike a little revenge for all those years he ousted us in the playoffs.  Basically who cares who wins those other series.  IF the C's play to their potential, we win. 

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2023, 02:33:30 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
I'm blown away by the response to the Nuggets-Suns series. Is it pure hatred for the Suns? The Lakers recieved more votes than the Suns, on a Celtics site!
For me, it is more love for the Nuggets. I like the Suns and would be rooting for them against most other teams.

Yeah, the Lakers one surprised me too! I did not realize GSW was so disliked. Is this because they beat us the Finals last year? Or was this always the case?

I think the Nuggets have a pretty large neutral fan following because they play a pleasing style of basketball, and they haven't really been good enough/long enough for other fanbases to hate them out of spite. Their superstar doesn't have the baggage KD does either.

The Lakers/GSW surprises me the other way. I'm surprised so many want GSW to win. I'd think there'd be more bitterness over losing a championship to them just last year. But the hatred for the Lakers runs deep in Celtics fans.

It's simple really. We don't want them winning banner 18 before us. The earlier they go out, the better.

Hate the Warriors too, so I hope they get ousted next round.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2023, 04:50:04 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Yeah I’m surprised people don’t care about the lakers getting a banner before us to become all time winningest team? We would rather the warriors lose cause they beat us once when we played poorly? That’s extremely weird to me. Espn did a whole segment on the two franchises and their history just the other day. New generation of fans I guess.

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2023, 06:31:11 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

It's simple really. We don't want them winning banner 18 before us. The earlier they go out, the better.

Hate the Warriors too, so I hope they get ousted next round.

It’s that plus it’s the Lakers. If we were up 17-12 (as it should be), they’d still be hated head and shoulders above all others.

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2023, 06:29:31 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
No one, only the C's for me