Poll

Outside of the C's, who are you routing for in the other three series?

Knicks
20 (17.9%)
Heat
12 (10.7%)
Warriors
19 (17%)
Lakers
11 (9.8%)
Nuggets
40 (35.7%)
Suns
10 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Who are you rooting for in the other series?  (Read 5240 times)

Who are you rooting for in the other series?
« on: May 06, 2023, 01:19:51 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Simple question, who do you want to win/are rooting for in the other series? I allowed three votes per user (one for each series).

Obviously a lot of possible motivations. Who would you rather the C's face? What teams style you do like best? Who do you hate more of Lebron/Curry? Did you grow up in one of those places? Ect Ect Ect

Personally, I'm rooting for the Nuggets because I like their style of basketball. I think they'd actually be a tougher matchup in a final than the Suns, but I'm a big fan of the team basketball they play. I want the Knicks over the Heat mostly because Butler is scary, but also because we've seen the C's/Heat twice recently and new matchups are more fun to me. Plus, the chance to beat New York at anything is fun. Also less travel for the C's going to New York than Miami.

The Lakers vs Warriors in the toughest call, but I think I actually want the Lakers to win (I know, it's awful). They are the underdog and when all else is equal I usually root for the underdog. Also I find the fawning over the Warriors just generally nauseating. But I don't blame people for going Warriors on that one.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 01:57:12 PM by keevsnick »

Re: Who are you rooting for in the other series?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 01:31:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Out of everyone else I’d pull for the Nuggets.  I kind of like the makeup of the Knicks team and enjoy the way they play, but it’s hard to get behind a NY team. 

I’ve always liked Golden State, and I’d love to see them bounce the Lakers, but I’ve had enough of them winning. 

The rest can go smell a fart.

Go Celts!
Yup

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 01:42:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Nuggets. (1) I like the way the play (2) I want Jokic to stick it to all his detractors who denied him his 3rd straight MVP.

So Denver is the team I am rooting for out West and hope can win the West and be in the Finals. I prefer GSW over LAL in the other series.

I am not rooting for anyone in the MIA vs NY series. I have enjoyed the Heat over the last few seasons (Jimmy & Bam era) but I do not like this current team. They are badly constructed and make me angry. Do not enjoy the Knicks either. Brunson has his moments but the team is underwhelming as a whole.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2023, 01:51:41 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Nuggets. (1) I like the way the play (2) I want Jokic to stick it to all his detractors who denied him his 3rd straight MVP.

So Denver is the team I am rooting for out West and hope can win the West and be in the Finals. I prefer GSW over LAL in the other series.

I am not rooting for anyone in the MIA vs NY series. I have enjoyed the Heat over the last few seasons (Jimmy & Bam era) but I do not like this current team. They are badly constructed and make me angry. Do not enjoy the Knicks either. Brunson has his moments but the team is underwhelming as a whole.

Fair enough. I think the Knicks are kind of a cool story tbh. Obviously if they face the c's I hope they get destroyed, but it would be cool to get to see Tatum/Brown go into the Garden in the ECF.

That series would draw massive viewership.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2023, 02:11:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Anybody but Lakers

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2023, 02:25:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
Denver and Golden State

As for Miami-New York, I don't really care.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2023, 02:27:41 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1679
Rooting for the Heat over the Knicks.  Butler is on one in this postseason but I'd take my chances with him trying to beat us by himself, given their lack of depth otherwise.  And the Knicks gave us fits this season.

Rooting for Denver over Phoenix.  I actually like Denver.

Rooting for a meteor in the LA/GS series. 

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2023, 02:33:15 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Rooting for the Heat over the Knicks.  Butler is on one in this postseason but I'd take my chances with him trying to beat us by himself, given their lack of depth otherwise.  And the Knicks gave us fits this season.

I said Lakers in the poll, but in reality, I'm rooting for that series to go seven grueling games of hard-fought physical basketball so that whoever emerges is exhausted in the conference finals.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 02:39:46 PM by keevsnick »

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2023, 02:54:07 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I'm not rooting for any other team.

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2023, 03:15:42 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Completely this. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2023, 04:12:25 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Knicks' length and athleticism will give the C's problem if both teams advance to the next round.

But Heat's Jimmy Butler, the potential return of Tyler Herro, and Erik Spoelstra will also be nasty to mess with.

Over in the West...easy one. Pulling for the Suns and Warriors.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2023, 04:32:40 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I'm blown away by the response to the Nuggets-Suns series. Is it pure hatred for the Suns? The Lakers recieved more votes than the Suns, on a Celtics site!

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2023, 04:41:56 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I'm blown away by the response to the Nuggets-Suns series. Is it pure hatred for the Suns? The Lakers recieved more votes than the Suns, on a Celtics site!
For me, it is more love for the Nuggets. I like the Suns and would be rooting for them against most other teams.

Yeah, the Lakers one surprised me too! I did not realize GSW was so disliked. Is this because they beat us the Finals last year? Or was this always the case?

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2023, 05:43:18 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Only 2 votes for the Lakers, but still pretty unacceptable.

I voted for Denver not because I care at all about Denver over Phoenix, but I think Denver stands a better chance of beating LA if they advance.

Couldn’t care less about knicks-heat - whoever folks think is easier for the Celtics. 

And GSW over LA should be a no-brainer for Cs fans.  Never under any circumstances root for Lakers.

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2023, 06:02:51 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I voted for Suns because Jaylen and JT own Durant defensively now.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.