Author Topic: Joakim Noah signs with Clippers  (Read 2244 times)

Joakim Noah signs with Clippers
« on: March 06, 2020, 04:45:59 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
The Clippers have reached an agreement to sign free agent center Joakim Noah, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN (via Twitter). According to Wojnarowski, Noah is expected to officially join the team next week. No corresponding roster move will be required, since L.A. has an opening on its 15-man roster.

Interesting, this gives them another big body with veteran experience. If Noah can at least defend reasonably well in short spurts + help facilitate the offense at the high post, I think it'll pay off dividends for such a cheap contract.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Celtics missed on Joakim Noah
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 04:48:15 PM »

Offline GreenRunsDeep33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Dang, the Clippers signed Noah. That's the guy I was hoping Ainge would sign. He's older but hes an energy guy who doesn't need the ball to be effective.

If we aren't making any move, it's time to get Tacko into the rotation in meaningful minutes. Who cares about the fouls. No Tacko can't shoot the three but PnR would be deadly. We saw what the Clippers did to the Rockets small ball...they pounded them in the paint with size.

Re: Celtics missed on Joakim Noah
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 04:52:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I was also hoping that we'd sign Noah...

He's the exact kind of Vet you need in the post season.

Re: Joakim Noah signs with Clippers
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 04:56:11 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
"Separately, the fork in his back received a three year deal with a no trade clause"

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 05:02:26 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Dang, the Clippers signed Noah. That's the guy I was hoping Ainge would sign. He's older but hes an energy guy who doesn't need the ball to be effective.

If we aren't making any move, it's time to get Tacko into the rotation in meaningful minutes. Who cares about the fouls. No Tacko can't shoot the three but PnR would be deadly. We saw what the Clippers did to the Rockets small ball...they pounded them in the paint with size.
We don't need to worry about the Rockets.  We won't be seeing them in the finals. 
Tacko isn't playing because he's not ready for the regular season.  He'd be abused in the playoffs. 

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 05:09:04 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Noah hasn't played in a while, so he's going to be rusty. But I do like Noah's impact, just think he's not getting more than 5-8 MPG. I doubt he'd even get minutes here.

Also, did you just say Tacko Fall should get meaningful minutes...?

I like him, but he isn't even 50% ready or near the learning curve. Way too raw on both ends, but shows some signs of promise, that being said the only reason Clippers pounded them inside; is due to the fact they have a lot of shooters that can space the floor. It was comical trying to see Harden guard Zubac lol.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 05:20:11 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 05:25:43 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

Noah hasn't played in a while, so he's going to be rusty. But I do like Noah's impact, just think he's not getting more than 5-8 MPG. I doubt he'd even get minutes here.

Also, did you just say Tacko Fall should get meaningful minutes...?

I like him, but he isn't even 50% ready or near the learning curve. Way too raw on both ends, but shows some signs of promise, that being said the only reason Clippers pounded them inside; is due to the fact they have a lot of shooters that can space the floor. It was comical trying to see Harden guard Zubac lol.

Trying to see Harden guard anyone is comical....

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 06:59:59 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I was also hoping that we'd sign Noah...

He's the exact kind of Vet you need in the post season.
He was too tall..Danny likes those small rooks
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2020, 07:09:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think Timelord has more to offer the Celtics as an addition to the team than Noah could provide. People have been crying for a big for months. Well, we just got one....Robert Williams. I'm excited about that.

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2020, 07:13:30 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
I am all for looking at adding scoring to the bench, but Noah doesn't check that box, or really any at this point as far as I am concerned.